Palm Beach Surf Fishing Reports 2011-2012 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Re: Palm Beach Surf Fishing Reports 2011 "Reports Only"

Post by Floridahogfish »

Fished the beach last nite ended up with a slot snook on cut finger mullet and another keeper redfish :D , and after that it was basically bluefish every cast, as soon as i wud cast out and walk my rod up to the sand spike i was on already :happyfisherman: , i dnt think that it cant get better than that, till nxt time :reeling:
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

great job man keep at it..congrats on the snook and red..finger mullet works great. :dude:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Very nice, it is great to see more redfish coming from the surf. They seem to be moving down this way more and more, my neighbor got a nice one from a little saltwater pond in my neighborhood in Jupiter yesterday.

cronced
Fisher

Post by cronced »

Walked the beach by Carlin Park this afternoon. Just happened to walk down in the middle of a bluefish blitz and caught one on every cast. Kept two for dinner.

I'm sure I could have caught them on a can opener with a hook attached to it, but I was using a plug that I use down here during the mullet run. When nothing else is working I'll throw one of these on. It's saved my trip a few times and I really like them for a change of pace. They are made by a Canadian company called Tomic. I used them a lot in Alaska for salmon and thought I'd try them here. You can see the blues were loving this one by how bad it's chewed up after a half hour of fishing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Good stuff man way to get em, glad you were able to grab some.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

TY for sharing the tip! Right now anything that behaves like a finger mullet will get harassed and very very promptly! Working the outside of the school with one of these or a rapala skitter walk will net you results!

-swordfish

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Been catching some jacks and bluefish on the flyrod from the beach. This morning I got 20 bluefish and a 10lb Jack on topwater fly. There was a lot of bluefish and a decent amount of jacks mixed in.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

Jamesbrownsplit
Fisher

Post by Jamesbrownsplit »

New here...thought I'd make my first post.

Went out yesterday and last Saturday. Caught a bunch of Blues up to 3 or so pounds on Saturday and got a Blue and 2 blue runners yesterday. Say what you want, but these fish are lots of fun to catch...especially on topwater plugs. I guess I'm not sick of them yet because I'm new to Florida and every time I've gone out in the lagoon for snook I end up getting skunked.

bunun
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bunun »

last few times i tried to fish the beach around lake worth, it was a fail. maybe ill try again seeing all the fish you all are catching

cronced
Fisher

Post by cronced »

A lot of people will disagree with me but when prepared right, bluefish is actually one or the tastier fish around. If you dee-gill them right away they are even better.

mgall08
Fisher

Post by mgall08 »

I am married to a wonderful Filipino woman. She loves bluefish. Last week cooked 3 of hem on the grill. Bled them, Gutted them, Gilled them, cut slits in the sides and rubbed salt and pepper, filled cavity with onion and tomato. Wrapped in foil and grilled. They ate every inch of them, only bones left!

waternut
Fisher

Post by waternut »

mgall08 wrote:I am married to a wonderful Filipino woman. She loves bluefish. Last week cooked 3 of hem on the grill. Bled them, Gutted them, Gilled them, cut slits in the sides and rubbed salt and pepper, filled cavity with onion and tomato. Wrapped in foil and grilled. They ate every inch of them, only bones left!
I agree if u care for this fish when first caught and cook within a couple of days of catching it. I have a few very tasty sauces and grill recipes so we welcome the bluefish to our table this time of year.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Beach was very windy in south county when I arrived at 2pm. Caught at least 2 dozen bluefish on tins and cut bait by the time I left at 445pm. Beach was blown out, but still fishy. :toast: No macs on the tins, or pomps on the pomp jigs.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Beach was very windy in south county when I arrived at 2pm. Caught at least 2 dozen bluefish on tins and cut bait by the time I left at 445pm. Beach was blown out, but still fishy. :toast: No macs on the tins, or pomps on the pomp jigs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

Yea they've been thick for a while. Late night walks with a couple spoons and my stradic has been working for me lately.
335397_2552147966329_1332791174_2968015_72953536_o.jpg
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

landcaster
Seasoned Fisher

Post by landcaster »

nice guys..they are always a good fight...gonna head out myself..been a while

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Way to get em man :happyfisherman:

chumbucket1
Fisher

Post by chumbucket1 »

Fished Palm Beach from beach north of The Breakers Hotel Sunday PM on outgoing tide. Jacks and blue runners. Tons of weeds made it tough going. Birds were over blue fish out of range at low tide.

Jamesbrownsplit
Fisher

How big were the jacks? I've caught big ones before but always from a boat. I'd love to catch one 15+ from the beach.

chumbucket1
Fisher

Post by chumbucket1 »

Most were under 12 to 14". Couple might have hit 15". Weeds weighed more than most of the fish. Went yesterday at sundown and just hit a few small blue runner on tins at low tide...then they were gone.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Larger jacks seem to come around with the colder water. When I jack hunt this time of year, it's in the ICW, a little local knowledge does not hurt.

Jamesbrownsplit
Fisher

Thanks! Thats kinda the info I was fishing for...I was just beating around the bush about it.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Been fishing the surf all week in Jupiter/Hobe Sound. Tues and Wed conditions were good, the surf was pretty calm and light winds. Since yesterday the surf has picked up, I was able to hold with 6 oz yesterday and today but just barely. The bite has been pretty slow for me, got a handful of whiting on Wed, and a bunch of small jacks, bluefish, bonnetheads, and other trash fish. Went to a spot on the river after catching nothing at the beach this morning and got a handful of nice jacks, some mangroves and a couple sheepshead.

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Delicious.. I like playing with their teeth. Got em on clams or fiddlers?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Live shrimp

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Good catch rory.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

I guess I missed this one. Is that what you were telling me the other day? That's a nice sheep. That place is like fish heaven :toast:

horsemin
Weekend Warrior

Post by horsemin »

Is anyone catching any pomps - have not heard of any lately, but, that cold weather and surf should have got them moving.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

I've heard they've been around, at least from Hutchinson Island to Ft. Pierce.

horsemin
Weekend Warrior

Post by horsemin »

Thanks for the info - I mostly fish in Juno but I am Jonesing for some Pompano so maybe I'll take a drive this weekend. Last year I started catching them in mid January - then the sharks moved in...

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”