Pompano Fishing Pier 2011 "ONLY REPORT"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
thiggy3
Fisher

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2011 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by thiggy3 »

yeah willieescotto, today was a good day bagged or should i say bucketed.don't know if thats even a word. but came home with 10 nice blues and caught 1 under size pomp.This was my first time cooking bluefish. did it very simple, breaded it with asian bread crumbs added some more seasonings onion powder and garlic powder and some black pepper to bread crumbs ,and i tell ya it was great on a kaiser roll and tarter sauce, and the usual lettuce and tomato's. Made a bluefish fan out of me, good to see the fishing pick up on pompano pier.

JustTVH
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JustTVH »

Taste even better if you soak em in milk for 30 min. before preparing them.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

willyescoto2226 Filet off the skin before cooking makes them taste a little better. I used to smoke them with skin on. Not anymore. I fried some up for breakfast today. Not bad. The mackeral was better and the pompano was even better.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Fished Pompano this morning, sunup to about 9:30. Way, way rough water conditions. Waves were so high and blasting, water was hitting the bottom of the pier planks and knocking some of the liftout sections loose. Northeast wind, southern current and water clarity was terrible. The tide surge made water all the way out to the tee, extremely cloudy. We totaled one good sized ladyfish and one blue, both taken on pompano rigs, baited with squid, on the bottom. Saw a couple of small jacks and only one mack come over the rail. It may have gotten better after I left but somebody else will have to tell you about that. Is there a sea condition that's "too rough" to fish? Hey, I'm not complainin', I'm just sayin'..................
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

Polistena
Fisher

Post by Polistena »

Wow if the blues taste anything like they do in NJ there not very good. But I guess fresh fish is fresh fish lol

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

willyescoto2226
Fisher

Post by willyescoto2226 »

GO4EM wrote:willyescoto2226 Filet off the skin before cooking makes them taste a little better. I used to smoke them with skin on. Not anymore. I fried some up for breakfast today. Not bad. The mackeral was better and the pompano was even better.
True .forgot to mention to remove skin. Agree with you ad far as pompano been better .

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Polistena wrote:Wow if the blues taste anything like they do in NJ there not very good. But I guess fresh fish is fresh fish lol
The ones in NJ are too full of toxic medical waste to taste any good :mrgreen:

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

hey, everyone says pompano's are the best but where the heck are they? anxious to catch one ,but nothing yet. what conditions do i need to be looking out for or is it just the luck of the day? :nilly:

Polistena
Fisher

Post by Polistena »

Blue fish r bluse fish, and black fin ur full of waste lol

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

Nice meeting you out there Thiggy,,, just keep puttin in the time,, they will show up.. as the fall and winter months continue the pompano will show up,,, they have to head south

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

thanks Mike, good to meet you also, and thanks for the great advice. its always good to meet and know people like you that are willing to share their knowledge, and yeah man im gonna get me some of those damn pomps . see ya out there mike.
:happyfisherman: :toast:

kahukuchuck
Weekend Warrior

Post by kahukuchuck »

Went out there today from 1-5pm. not much going on. The guy next to me caught a nice sized mack,but lost him as he was trying to pull him over,guess he should have used a wire leader instead of mono.

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

well lets hope that the cold front brings us some luck, bluefish and macks are fun to catch but im still in pursuit of the elusive POMPANO. but looking forward to getting out.

:reeling:

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

Thiggy,, how did you do after I left this morning?,,, I dont mind wind and I dont mind rain but wind blown rain is no fun,,,,

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

thiggy3 wrote: im still in pursuit of the elusive POMPANO. but looking forward to getting out.

:reeling:
8) Should have waved at them as they went around the piers.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

Mike, it was windy as hell and on and off rain, while i was there only saw 3 or 4 small Macks come over.i left about 8:30, all the usual crew came out. I'm wondering if any of them did any good and if they are part of the forum, would be nice if we could read reports from others. but i always enjoy fishing beats the office any day. oh. yea i caught squat.

:salut:

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

Was out this morning ,, I caught a jack and a bluefish on my pom pano jig,, Did see some blues coming over the rail on cut bait,,, good sized blues! other then that some scattered jacks and a skate,,, hopefully it will pick up during the incoming tide

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

Happy Thanksgiving All !!!
:toast: :cheers: :drunk: :reeling:

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Thanks Thiggy.Same to you and every one else.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

thanks Thiggy same to you and yours,,, see you put there

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

well went out from 7am-1pm,one under size mack, and saw i under size cobia pulled in, but what a dead day. nothing at pompano pier today. eatpop

roosboys
Fisher

Post by roosboys »

slow, really dead

inazario
Fisher

Post by inazario »

Anything on the pompano pier now? Any reports? I'm looking to go Saturday and wanted to go geared up. Anything will help. Thanks in advance.
I love it when this reel sings.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

was out there this morning,, didnt even cast a line,,, water was clear and flat... did see some gogs out at the t but they left right after the sun came up,,, a huge pod of dolphin were rolling around about 200-300 yards off the pier,,,, got a feeling its going to be like this till the wainds turn around

inazario
Fisher

Post by inazario »

Thanks I appreciate it saves me a drive I'm in cutler bay what do you think the keys bridges?! Or anywhere else with reasonable driving distance? Two hours at most.
I love it when this reel sings.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

either keys bridges or in dade county you got key biscayne being the rickenbacker bridge, or bill baggs park. Not afar drive for ya.

roosboys
Fisher

Post by roosboys »

Went out at 5 p.m. for 1 hr. Glass minnows at the t getting whacked by macs. a few macs came over rail. glass minnows disappeared, things went dead....

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

went out today from 8am-11 good water color and current but very windy with nothing happening very dead. :nopity:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”