Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
GO4EM
SHARKER

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by GO4EM »

cyril1974 wrote:caught big grocers all 14+ inches
Charles
Nothing like fresh fried grocers! :toast:

I'll be out there for some snippies soon!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

GO4EM wrote:
cyril1974 wrote:caught big grocers all 14+ inches
Charles
Nothing like fresh fried grocers! :toast:

I'll be out there for some snippies soon!
Www.damnyouautocorrect.com

Lol

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Thanks for the report charles.
Live shrimp on the pillings?

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

fishnfool73 wrote:Nice report Charles. Next time you see me remind me I will show you a trick or two for that
Oh I WILL remind you!! lol.. it was soooo annoying!

Miamipescador wrote:Thanks for the report charles.
Live shrimp on the pillings?
silversides underneath, shrimp only produced grunts and chubs.. yuck...

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Jorge, that was hitting for him that night. Sometimes they may not even look at a silver side and only hit a shrimp, vise versa and so on. Keep that in mind, use different baits and see whats working man. Go get em'.. :dude:

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Might head out there tonight :D

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Miamipescador wrote:Might head out there tonight :D
I might see you there then

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

cyril1974 wrote:
Miamipescador wrote:Might head out there tonight :D
I might see you there then
Gonna start heading out now, will be fishing until around 10-11 or so. Will be wearing a red tank top and black shorts, see ya there!

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

cyril1974 wrote:
silversides underneath, shrimp only produced grunts and chubs.. yuck...
8) Silversides are almost always a gimme if there are smaller grovers around. Sometimes you just have to adjust the rig you are fishing is all. Lighter weight/ line etc.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Fished the last two days......with Floridahogfish who was down from Juno for a few days

arriving at 6 on Tuesday and @ 4 today.... Tuesday started out pretty good with a keeper pomp and a mac but then I could not seem to keep a hook in a fish loosing several very nice Mac's

Vinny did well with a keeper pomp and 6 or 7 mac's one of which went 4 or 5 pounds most all on crappie jigs I just had a few and he had none so i gave him what I had since he was scoring pretty good with them but before long we were out of jigs so had to try other things... which just did not work in the clearing water

Today started with a early arrival by me to try and get some live baits ( sand pearch ) which I did.... was jigging for pomps at day light ( no pomps today,,, ) when a &%%#$$#@ Pelican flew into my anchor line for my double rod and since I did not have my usual rod holder and the line and drag were tight the rod went over the side.... Rick and Dominic from Anglers Bait and tackle helped retrieve it.... a quick wash and it was back in service, but no Mac's on the pearch today...in fact almost no Mac's on anything today...water was very clear and the forecasted East wind was already West Northwest

my day continued with tying on a brand new just purchased number 6 size X rap and on the first cast another ^%%#$@ Pelican flies out from under the pier just as I cast and runs into the line... the plug never hit water...tried to get the bird in and my lure back but with 4 pound line it was inevitable.. The rest of the day was not much better....did get some good tips from Rick on bait catching so It was not a total loss the bite should be on fire in a day or so since I will be back at work... :roll:

Maybe next time
Rick

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

"Pelicans are back eh?"

Do they ever leave? :auto: I have a cure but I don't think it will fly...pardon the pun :twisted:
Rick

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

went out today for like 1 1/2 hours, from right before sunset.. saw the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my fishing life....
looking for bait so I can try to catch some macks, I put on a size 8 sabiki and a one ounce pyramid sinker and went to work.. couldn't find any bait around the pier so I tried to cast very close to the beach to see if the bait was pushed up near shore.. well.. instantly I am hooked into something big... they surface.. its 2 macks!!!! well as I am super excited pulling them in.. it feels like I hit a snag... nope.. all of the sudden I have movement... and it looks like a giant fish has grabbed one of the macks!!!! and ripped it off my sabiki.. so I am thinking large tarpon.. something.. another jump... nope.. it looks like a giant spanish mack!!! the guys next to me who were watching with their jaws dropped told me it wasn't a spanish mack that kept jumping (almost like he was showing off that he stole my fish!!!) with the mack in his mouth, but they said it looked like a king because it was WAAAAYYY to big to be a spanish mack... either way, I landed the bigger of the 2 macks on the sabiki which measured 15 inches... I almost was going to ask for written and notarized affadavits from the people who saw it because everyone here will think I am crazy! seriously the coolest thing I have seen fishing yet.... (besides a giant pod of dolphin at flamingo last year.. that was cool too!).

anyone else ever see anything like that???

Charles

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Cool story bro 8)
My vote is on a Cuda

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Rob,
This was like in 3 feet of water.. do kings ever venture in that far?? I know that there "are no fences in the ocean" but still.. and I swear he smiled at me the second time he jumped with MY mack in his mouth!

and as for being a cuda.. in my opinion the body shape of the cuda and the mack are completely different.
but on another note, there are a couple of teens (maybe early 20's) that come to the pier often, they were coming down the pier right while this happened, they asked me what I got and I told them.. I was so dumbfounded by what just happened that I must have sounded like jerry lewis to these kids.. I was pretty flustered.. lol

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

hahah that is great!!
whats up all sorry for being absent so long... life calls sometimes. need ot get out there and wet my lines gain soon probably next week

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

never seen a King jump...but have seen macs jump and cudas jump lots of times.... hey it got away so the rule is it can be anything you want :lol: blue Marlin? gotta think big ya know...headed to the pier to get one right now
Rick

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

charles stuff like that is the reason we go fishin bud . you should've freelined the mac you caught!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Big Ladyfish?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Bluefin tuna.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Really hungry Mola Mola?
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

cyril1974 wrote:went out today for like 1 1/2 hours, from right before sunset.. saw the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my fishing life....
looking for bait so I can try to catch some macks, I put on a size 8 sabiki and a one ounce pyramid sinker and went to work.. couldn't find any bait around the pier so I tried to cast very close to the beach to see if the bait was pushed up near shore.. well.. instantly I am hooked into something big... they surface.. its 2 macks!!!! well as I am super excited pulling them in.. it feels like I hit a snag... nope.. all of the sudden I have movement... and it looks like a giant fish has grabbed one of the macks!!!! and ripped it off my sabiki.. so I am thinking large tarpon.. something.. another jump... nope.. it looks like a giant spanish mack!!! the guys next to me who were watching with their jaws dropped told me it wasn't a spanish mack that kept jumping (almost like he was showing off that he stole my fish!!!) with the mack in his mouth, but they said it looked like a king because it was WAAAAYYY to big to be a spanish mack... either way, I landed the bigger of the 2 macks on the sabiki which measured 15 inches... I almost was going to ask for written and notarized affadavits from the people who saw it because everyone here will think I am crazy! seriously the coolest thing I have seen fishing yet.... (besides a giant pod of dolphin at flamingo last year.. that was cool too!).

anyone else ever see anything like that???

Charles
Everytime I tell a story like this, about the amazing things I see and do fishing, she says, "Yeah right then a bald eagle trailing an american flag flew to you with another PBR tall boy in it claws for you to drink!". Thats what makes fishing fun things like that. I would guess cuda as well, I've seen them jump/skyrocket out of the water. :toast:

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Oh boy.. next time.. I am just keeping it to myself.. LOL
GO4EM wrote:charles stuff like that is the reason we go fishin bud . you should've freelined the mac you caught!
I was totally thinking that.. but I thought you couldn't use gamefish as bait... not sure on that one?
rob762 wrote: I caught a king at the hut a couple years ago. Ware the hoo's thick?
Rob.. nothing was thick.. I couldn't even catch grunts for bait.. that is why I threw my sabiki right near shore.. out of desperation.. lol
clarence2society wrote:hahah that is great!!
whats up all sorry for being absent so long... life calls sometimes. need ot get out there and wet my lines gain soon probably next week
You my friend better get out there, i've missed ya!

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Bluefin tuna.
starkist...

xtheline
Old Salt

Post by xtheline »

Ooh I imagine there were some big Kings around the pier yesterday. There were certainly plenty of ballyhoo.
xtheline

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”