Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Miamipescador »

Will be out there tomorrow morning :)

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

snuck out for a couple hours tonight right before sunset, got my mac on with my largest yet, didn't know the weight but it was pretty big! also caught my biggest bluefish to date, was fishing with Richard and Jeronimo, had a blast, learned a few things from that youngin... thanks for that Jeronimo! And I always have a great time with Richard! Either way lots of cut offs from blues and macs, but I actually landed 2 really nice fish and a bunch of smaller ones, so I am improving!!! lol photos to follow later when I get a chance.

Charles

jeronimo
Weekend Warrior

Post by jeronimo »

I was there and it was a decent size Mac
Good time fishing with cyril1974

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Fished the T today from 6:30 till about 2:30.

Completely dead out there, no bait and no fish.

Early in the morning a big school of 5-10 lb jacks came in and busted the bait, i think there were 2 caught.

A solid spanish was caught in the morning, a 9 lb bonita, and a short african pompano were the highlights of the day

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Miamipescador wrote:Fished the T today from 6:30 till about 2:30.

Early in the morning a big school of 5-10 lb jacks came in and busted the bait, i think there were 2 caught.

A solid spanish was caught in the morning, a 9 lb bonita, and a short african pompano were the highlights of the day
MP- nice fishing w/you and I think our wife- we gave it a try all day- but slight correction
Used my Xmas present from last year (hand held scale) to weigh the Bonita and it came in at 10lbs.( caught by a vacationer from Chicago) We stayed until about 4:30 not much changed except the crowd... The African Pomp was a good looking fish and it gave some fight but was 2-inches shy from a decision.... no choice back it went and swam away. Thanks to Rick from Anglens Bait for the MAC. Slight North Current but the chum blocks did not bring in the bait, bugged for goggs early and freelined those for a few hours in the AM but no takers. Keith did get slammed straight down by a pig Jack that hit his gogg. I got a ripping hit on my bottom rod which ran some yards in the freespool setting and I locked it down and was fighting a very decent fight when I saw a pelican flying right for my line... I dipped my rod tip (Noooo) to miss the bird and the fish rocked me into the razors and... Fish Gone.. Really a decent hit and allot of bend in the fight probably Jack-Zilla because Jacks were cruising about this time..... Decent fish I did not see, decent fight because.. hook was a 5/0 4x Circle, bait was a full gogg belly and this was on my stout set-up with the Thunnas1200Ci4 and my Lumiglass piano puller so I had some bend going on and full drag on this set-up is 25lbs But, the day was great all around and we made the best of what we could out of any hit or miss.... Good to see the guys and Merry Christmas to ALL- Cheers.

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

rshields wrote:
Miamipescador wrote:Fished the T today from 6:30 till about 2:30.

MP- nice fishing w/you and I think our wife- we gave it a try all day- but slight correction
Used my Xmas present from last year (hand held scale) to weigh the Bonita and it came in at 10lbs.( caught by a vacationer from Chicago) We stayed until about 4:30 not much changed except the crowd... The African Pomp was a good looking fish and it gave some fight but was 2-inches shy from a decision.... no choice back it went and swam away. Thanks to Rick from Anglens Bait for the MAC. Slight North Current but the chum blocks did not bring in the bait, bugged for goggs early and freelined those for a few hours in the AM but no takers. Keith did get slammed straight down by a pig Jack that hit his gogg. I got a ripping hit on my bottom rod which ran some yards in the freespool setting and I locked it down and was fighting a very decent fight when I saw a pelican flying right for my line... I dipped my rod tip (Noooo) to miss the bird and the fish rocked me into the razors and... Fish Gone.. Really a decent hit and allot of bend in the fight probably Jack-Zilla because Jacks were cruising about this time..... Decent fish I did not see, decent fight because.. hook was a 5/0 4x Circle, bait was a full gogg belly and this was on my stout set-up with the Thunnas1200Ci4 and my Lumiglass piano puller so I had some bend going on and full drag on this set-up is 25lbs But, the day was great all around and we made the best of what we could out of any hit or miss.... Good to see the guys and Merry Christmas to ALL- Cheers.
Nice fishing with you as well, did not know you were on here.
Glad to put a face to a name :D

bmwi6
Fisher

Post by bmwi6 »

Thanks for the reports guys. It seems to be picking up! Can't wait to go fishing

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Went out today from 5am until 10, two words to decsribe it, DE AD!
Saw a few other fish come up, I believe Keith left after catching an. African pompano and 3 or 4 amberjack, so at least someone caught fish today

Charles

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Thanks for the report charles :toast:
Hopefully it will pick up by wednesday, if not off to the keys i go

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

He caught African pompano and ajs from the pier.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Green Tide wrote:He caught African pompano and ajs from the pier.
Yup.. that's right.. another person caught some as well!

Charles

Copiersm
Fisher

Post by Copiersm »

Fished from 6:00 AM to about noon and it was slow. Current going south then north then not at all. Macs had the day off or were at the mall with their gift returns. Gogs were hard to come by and the few ballyhoo I managed to round up went to the rabbit fish and lizards. Not a bad day however as I enjoyed the day and BF friends as always.
Happy Holidays to all! :toast:

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Yeah, it was so bad yesterday that I put a piece of shrimp into a school of grunts and left it there for 5 minutes, reeled in and still had all the bait, they wouldn't touch it!

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Copiersm wrote:Fished from 6:00 AM to about noon and it was slow. Current going south then north then not at all. Macs had the day off or were at the mall with their gift returns. Gogs were hard to come by and the few ballyhoo I managed to round up went to the rabbit fish and lizards. Not a bad day however as I enjoyed the day and BF friends as always.
Copiersm, which one were you out there? I was the big guy with the beard and red hat on.

Charles

Copiersm
Fisher

Post by Copiersm »

cyril1974 wrote:
Copiersm wrote:Fished from 6:00 AM to about noon and it was slow. Current going south then north then not at all. Macs had the day off or were at the mall with their gift returns. Gogs were hard to come by and the few ballyhoo I managed to round up went to the rabbit fish and lizards. Not a bad day however as I enjoyed the day and BF friends as always.
Copiersm, which one were you out there? I was the big guy with the beard and red hat on.

Charles
First table out past the middle hut, :toast: green hat, white long sleeve t-shirt.

Albert

Seastriker94
Weekend Warrior

Post by Seastriker94 »

Went yesterday decent macs and amberjacks off the tee.

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Arrived @ 6:30 or so to find light NW wind and very clear water????? was thinking that South wind yesterday might have stirred up the water and there was a North wind foe casted ...WRONG......... about 7:30 or so the promised North wind started and kicked up pretty strong but no help in the short term.... had one (1) small Mac/King sky my # 8 ghost Xrap knocking it about 10 feet thru the air with no hookup :x

a couple of missed baby macs on crappie jigs and a couple of caught yellow jacks plus one small bait sized pinfish that I tossed out on the mutton /cobia rod... a little later the rod was buzzing away...grabbed it and cranked down on the circle.... a moment of resistance and then up pops a diving bird with my pinfish ...got it slap off the bottom :roll: ... I could see how this day was going.... only saw a couple other runners/ yellow jacks caught on bait and that was it...... did I say it was dead? water was still clear and only a robin fish on the Goofey jig and I was outta there around 10:30 or 11.... wind had lightened up to a nice 10 mph or so North breeze still a cool 66 or so air temp

BTW I could see huge waves out in the Gulfstream so maybe there will be some swells come in and stir the water up a bit

should be good tomorrow as I have to work. :lol:
Rick

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

Was at the pier today from 7am - 8pm or so.

Was expecting the water to have some color to it hut was crystal clear.
Caught 2 Macs at sunset and nothing else worthy the entire day.

A nice 26 inch gag was caught by Dominick I believe his name is, on a live runner.

Other than that a handful of ajs and some small Macs caught.

Seastriker94
Weekend Warrior

Post by Seastriker94 »

yeah I saw that gag too. Pretty nice for anglins.

Antoniojay
Fisher

Post by Antoniojay »

Hey! I'm new to the board, I'm Antonio.

I was out at Anglin's yesterday or a few hours, just hanging around catching some small jacks and other little turds out past the middle house, managed to hook a nice sized fish too (reddish brown, kinda fat looking, guessing a gag if they are out there) but it fell off as I was reeling it in.

Anyhow, just a mini rant, I really hope the members of this site aren't the teenagers who were hanging out on the T. By far the rudest, most obscene people I've ever seen in my life. I'm from Ontario, but have a few places down here, and I know that the pier has a lot of foot traffic from tourists. One couple in particular, an older couple, were walking around the t while one of the teens was bringing up his bucket. When they walked past, the kid started shouting at them and telling them that they better "fishing off unless they want to be apart of the next holocaust".

I mean, I highly doubt it is anyone from here, but if it is, it's such a pity that you are part of the future of america.

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Antoniojay wrote:Hey! I'm new to the board, I'm Antonio.

I was out at Anglin's yesterday or a few hours, just hanging around catching some small jacks and other little turds out past the middle house, managed to hook a nice sized fish too (reddish brown, kinda fat looking, guessing a gag if they are out there) but it fell off as I was reeling it in.

Anyhow, just a mini rant, I really hope the members of this site aren't the teenagers who were hanging out on the T. By far the rudest, most obscene people I've ever seen in my life. I'm from Ontario, but have a few places down here, and I know that the pier has a lot of foot traffic from tourists. One couple in particular, an older couple, were walking around the t while one of the teens was bringing up his bucket. When they walked past, the kid started shouting at them and telling them that they better "fishing off unless they want to be apart of the next holocaust".

I mean, I highly doubt it is anyone from here, but if it is, it's such a pity that you are part of the future of america.
Sounds like jeronimo hahahahahaha

Miamipescador
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miamipescador »

cyril1974 wrote:

Sounds like jeronimo hahahahahaha
LOL
Duck or Bleed!!!

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

in a big way that is wrong to say to anyone i dnt car who you are but in a way it is also kind of funny as well
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) If the little punk turds start up, grab them by the throat and set them straight.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Ontario seems like you objected to the overall rudeness so Next time.... if you don't feel like laying into them go to the office and report them. Then you can post the happy ending of them either floating away or being carted away...

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Went out at 6AMtoday, No current, no wind, some bait but you had to work it early. Chummed for hoos and they were scarce, goggs in a school about 20 feet long and 30 wide when I left at noon. Freelined a gogg for about an hour and I think a needlenose bit though my line no takers on the bait. We had fresh hoos for bottom bait and we had no hits just bumps from reef fish nipping at the plug. Albert was working the hoos for a few hours and they were hard to come by even with the chum block and fish oil. Nobody landed a fish on the T. Spent allot of time cleaning my gear when I was packing. Slow -
good day for sun and watching the ocean bottom. Uneventfull for New Years Day.
Just got done watching the Dolphins beat the Jets so my day was great, looked like Jason Taylor would have a fumble returned for a touchdown ( in this being his last game..) pretty cool but called back. Oh yea...fishing was slow but it was great to be out.

Zebco
KING MACKEREL

Post by Zebco »

8) This thread is from last year. So your report doesn't count.
............... Image

Don't even think about it

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”