Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

When the lot is full by the pier I sometimes park by the "Ocean Mist" (not sure if that is the name. It is a couple blocks west of pier) . I don't pay there and no one has ever bothered my car. So if you go there and only pay $7 for the pier then your fishing day is only $7. Only thing is short walk to pier, best if you have a cart to carry your stuff. Something to think about.

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

true

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

i fish commercial everyweekend go out there at about 2 am till wenever and on the origional. i get a few mutton tons of bluefish monster runs at the tee that have you to the knot. and if your not catching anything witch is not likely you throw a spinning rod setup with a half ounce egg and a swivel with 30 lb leader or so with a 1 or 2/0 circle or J and throw it out with squid and catch grunts in the meantime throw them in your bucket with the air raider and you have fresh bait ive had may runs off of grunts. or catch gogs chunk them n mutton bait baby. im going out tonight. hope the cold front brought the fish in i no the bluefish were hitting like crazy last night. 8) and PARKING is free there are 2 spots that i kno of that are free parking tommy told me 1 of them the open lot right next to the oceanmist pub. there is a white plastic gate so you cant get in the front so oyu have to go around back to get it just get a little tide card from tommy or anglins and put it in your dash just incase because if tow people accually do come you have the right to be parked there. and right across the street the suntrust bank there is atleast 100 parking spots there to park for FREEEE. so take advantage there only about 1 block walks from the pier if that. there right on the other side of A1A. and TOMMY nice lessers. days like those are just compleatly AMAZING when the fish are hitting good and the weathers good. there is nothing better and for all of you no homo but when your pissed off about something or have something on your mind go to the pier or fishing it clears you nmind instantaniously. if your commin fishing tonight se you there.
fostaa jammon witchu

crevalejack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by crevalejack »

Foster were you gonna fish tonight at the T? cath me some bait will you?

jamel13
Old Salt

Post by jamel13 »

Fished today and it was pretty darn SLOW!!!! Caught a lot of small perches for bait but no hits!!!

I hope it'll pick up after christmas.... :cry:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Maybe Santa Snapper will put a 6 pack of Goggle Eyes in your stocking.

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

SLOOOWWWW

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

it was soo slow tonight. gosh all was caught was a silky a hammerhead. 3 foot each. umm no blues :cry: alot of bait. no muttons. alot of macks well for me and my friend mike anyway i was jiging a bucktail. on top fast and you se the mack sorta skyrocket and ripped draggg like bloody hell. took me for about 3 or 4 good runs. and as i was flipping him he cut me off :x :x :evil: :x :evil: :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!!! :!: :!: :!: that sucks. more to come tomorrow im fishin in about 5 hours just getting some sleep for now. and yea santa snapper should bring me 6 pack goggle eye haha
fostaa jammon witchu

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: SLOOOWWWW

Post by Cookinman »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:...and yea santa snapper should bring me 6 pack goggle eye haha
Bring that 9 footer by and maybe he will :)
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

First time fishing at Anglin' and meet bunch of the guys from the forum. Thank BF for introducing me to the guys. Fishing was very slow today. Team Thrasher caught a few Macs, when I was leaving they landed a 6lb Mac. Nice fish. :D Keith also hooked up also. I'll be heading out tonight, hopefully fishing will improve.

Bolo

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

fishing today awesome

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

ok so i get there its about 6:00 and im just sitting there no rods in the water i met up with bolo don't let your gotchas sink... lol i see the sun is coming up mack time i go to the T and boom mack onn nice run on the stradic 4000 about a 3 lb mack. decent. then Keith was like wanna se a real mack look in my cooler i did and to my surprise there was a decent mack in there. so i head back to the tee. and i put out the chum block down and instantaneously
ballys out the yingyang. so i catch like 2 dozen or so. i throw out a bucktail on the north end of the pier and i see about 6 or 8 HUGEEEE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: HUGE macks i thought they were kings. i got cut off on the jig then throw in the ballyhoo free lining and smash i mean this thing took out off like a bat out of HELLL on my penn 850ss custom so im yelling get a net get a net. and finally somebodie got a net and we netted that bad boy took it to the tackle shack. and weighted it and it was about 6 1/2 got a picture and sent him into my cooler now everybodie is jumping in my spot. when i get back. my friend justin and me were hooking up like crazyyy what fun. harlley is hooking up but not landing any he gets cutt like 5 times mike is getting cutt left and right. i hook up again this thing took a friggin run on my stradic 4000 and then some how escapes!! :evil: :evil: got was i pissed got a few smaller macks after that. and that was the day but man i tell you those macks were a good 10-15 lbs i think some were kings.. well im leaving for south carolina monday. wont be back till the 2, hope fishing is well ill be fishing in south carolina. later homies. picks to come
fostaa jammon witchu

mackboi0127
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mackboi0127 »

macks 10-15 pounds reeeallly or kings

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

bothhBOTTHHHHHH

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

BOTHHH
fostaa jammon witchu

bolo
USER BANNED

Re: fishing today awesome

Post by bolo »

TEAM THRASHER wrote: so im yelling get a net get a net. and finally somebodie got a net and we netted that bad boy
Im glad you were able to break in my bridge net. :wink:

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

ahhhh

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

that was your nettt thanx mannn your a lifesaver.
fostaa jammon witchu

bluerunner
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluerunner »

Nice report Team Trasher, u had me reading your post like a good book :D .
Welcome aboard bolo, hope you're havin fun.
Tight lines to all, and if I don't see ya'll then Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2008.
Bluerunner say- If you teach a man to fish, then thats one less fish for you :)

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

hah thanx

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

well i do like to post. to tell everybodie of the great fishing on the pier.
fostaa jammon witchu

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Just got back from Anglin'. Today was slow and rain on and off this morning. A few people hooked up to few macs and snapper. Nice meeting you Cookinman. :D

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

yo

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

cookinman cant fish. hope the bait i gave you went well with the fishing give me a shout
fostaa jammon witchu

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Re: yo

TEAM THRASHER wrote:cookinman cant fish.
8) I've seen you fish.
BTW, you still owe my friend a Kroc.

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

huh

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

i still dont know who this is haha
fostaa jammon witchu

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) I am a chic with really big QQ.

Wanna touch'em?

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

bolo wrote:Just got back from Anglin'. Today was slow and rain on and off this morning. A few people hooked up to few macs and snapper. Nice meeting you Cookinman. :D
Nice meeting you too. Sorry I was not more help on the TLD question, they are not really my most knowledge subject, however I am sure someone here will be able to help. As I mentioned, whe the sea is making my clicker move too much because current is strong, I usually Wrap the line around the reel once to just add a lil more....However not knowing your model of TLD, there may be a better way...

And TT, no, nothing helped. Full moon had it all shut down really.
I landed a pretty small lane, and nothing else on either fresh Bally, fresh gog, or frozen fleas.

Gogs were hard to come by this AM out past thehut...too lazy to head to the surf as I heard there were pilchards there...

I did have a few chases on the gotcha, but they were halfhearted...I wrapped it up early and was home by 9 am. Today was NOT a day to use up a full day "Pass"

On another note, I DO like the way the Torium 30 and the 9' star combo casts...It was getting pretty damn far out with 6 n bait and I really did not even load the rod much, just swung out the weight. Looking forward to slingin a 8 oz pyramid only at DFP soon under some load, after I lube n line it up just to see what it can really do when loaded to a pretty good bend :)

Hope you are as happy with your new X Mas present as well :)

Maybe I just cannot fish.... :cry: :)
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) Since when has a full moon become a problem?

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

ohh

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

christmas present i wouldent exactly call it that since i had to pay for it haha but yea im getting a new rod for itt prety soon did harly catch nethingg.
fostaa jammon witchu

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) What did that mean in english?

mackboi0127
Seasoned Fisher

Re: ohh

Post by mackboi0127 »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:christmas present i wouldent exactly call it that since i had to pay for it haha but yea im getting a new rod for itt prety soon did harly catch nethingg.
yea harley got a mack

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Cookinman wrote:
Nice meeting you too. Sorry I was not more help on the TLD question, they are not really my most knowledge subject, however I am sure someone here will be able to help. As I mentioned, whe the sea is making my clicker move too much because current is strong, I usually Wrap the line around the reel once to just add a lil more....However not knowing your model of TLD, there may be a better way...
I figure out the problem I was having. I didnt push the lever further up enough to keep the spool from back lashing. This is what you get for bring unfimilar gear out. I lost my chance for a good hook up.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Zebco wrote:8) Since when has a full moon become a problem?
That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :wink:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

TEAM SALT LIFE
Seasoned Fisher

o dang

Post by TEAM SALT LIFE »

:roll: its only a story ha ha well at least somebodies got a keeper mutton today.
fostaa jammon witchu

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

TEAM THRASHER wrote:christmas present i wouldent exactly call it that since i had to pay for it haha

....lol :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: Get used to THAT.

Sometimes I forget you are a kid. :uplol:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Another slow day. Water is clear and with slight wind blowing. Macs were swimming around our bait laughing at us. Chad hooked up to a snook and lost a mac. Someone else hooked 2 undersized mutton. Good meeting you, Zebco. :D

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”