Juno Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Juno Pier Fishing Reports 2007

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Please put all Juno Pier fishing reports here. Thank you.
Last edited by BoatlessFisherman on Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

johnny deluxe
Fisher

Last Sunday

Post by johnny deluxe »

Was there last Sunday...Lots of Blues, some Macs..I was fishing the end of the Tee with a Gotcha..suddenly Bam....Bluefish, Spanish Mac....Nope!!! Nice Pompano...didnt think I would get a Pompano on a gotcha... you?

JD

johnny deluxe
Fisher

Post by johnny deluxe »

Ya..

I never would have thought....that day i caught the Pompano (at the end of the pier) the waves were big...I wonder if that keeps em in deeper water....when is it better to fish the shallows and when to fish the tee when looking for the sacred POMPANO

JD

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... I called earlier this afternoon. Asked what the report was.

response: Sucks! :lol:

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... One day about a week and a few days back, they had some small ones in the afternoon. The next day, a few small ones, and "1" keeper. This was at Juno. There may have been times when there was another keeper caught, but no real runs have happened. Last I heard, the best bite was way up the coast.
I do think with the right heavy winds, the Pomps will show faster than some think. I think they are just swimming deeper right now till the water cools. We shall see soon enough.

johnny deluxe
Fisher

Post by johnny deluxe »

Spoke to the pier today

Told me there were alot of Blues, some macs, and several Pompano mid way down the pier, think I will try this weekend, my problem is when I get there early I feel this need to stake my spot at the end of the tee, I will fight it and hang in the middle of the pier on the quest for Pompano, maybe I will toss a few flea rigs

JD

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... The wind is supposed to be dying up there, 5 to 10 for a few days before the front. Be ready to sweat.

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

WENT TO DEERFIELD 7:AM STAYED 15 MIN LOOKED BAD SO WE DECIDED TO HIT JUNO GOT THERE AT 8:AM NOTHING WAS CAUGHT BEFORE EXCEPT 2 LITTLE MACKS. BITE STARTED AROUND 10 AM

1 GOTCHA = 3 MACKS +1 POMP+ 1 SMALL KING RELEASED --1 SMALL BLUE

LACK OF NET = LOSE A NICE MACK looked like a KING

IN ALL ABOUT 30 POMPS 10 ON GOTCHAS 10 BLUES 15 MACKS SEEN CAUGHT.

NOT A GOOD DAY IN JUNO 8AM -1PM

mcp

Juno Pier 11/07

Post by mcp »

Lots of spanish mackerels caught on gotcha and feather. Few pompanos caught in the early morning.

BoatlessFisherman

Thanksgiving Morning alot of Macks and Jacks and they did get some Cobias
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

On a weekend LOL.

Juno Geezer
Fisher

googans

Post by Juno Geezer »

Yep, sure sounds like my home turf. Seen many hookups to assorted parts of the human anatomy. Been there twice myself. As for the fishing, the macks have been pretty good the last few days, and pomps, while not too thick yet, have been really big, 3lbs +. Hope the wind dies down for tomorrow, hard to fish an 1/8 oz crappie jig in a gale.

BoatlessFisherman

Nice Catches.
-Tommy A-

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Beachbum wrote:but the most insane part were all the googans.....I watch one guy snag his own ear with a big ass spoon......CRAZY STUFF!!!!!
Paul

:shock:

This could be an entire thread..." Who has seen the worst "hooked by a friend" :P :P :P

WOW BB - sounds like that pier was just ON FIRE !

PBFisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by PBFisher »

Cookinman wrote:
This could be an entire thread..." Who has seen the worst "hooked by a friend" :P :P :P
[/quote]
Ayyyyyyyyyyyy! This is my worst nightmare. Any time I catch a bluefish, half the pier descends on my spot and wooshooshooshooshooshooshooshooshoosh a dozen or so spoons and lures are flying all around me.

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

You know dania is open did you finally get your jeep.

jake in jupiter
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jake in jupiter »

Went out to Juno the day after Turkey Day and it was pretty crowded but managable. Early morning bite was bluefish, which quickly disappeared and then the rest of the morning's story was spanish mackeral. Saw Beachbum out there on the T and he told me that a pair of undersized cobia were caught and released, along with mackeral galore.

I then went home for some time with the parents and once everyone kicked back to go to sleep I went out there for some night fishing. I decided to take my little brothers with me since they have never been fishing here in saltwater before. The story of the night was catfish and more catfish (caught and kept by some other fellows), even a super large chug bug wouldn't raise a blue. However, I had the 6/0 out with a chunk of bluefish and after about an hour it sang. Had my brother suit up with the harness and he fought his first fish of any size to the pier. Turned out to be about 100-120lb blacktip which did some aerobatics for us. The nice thing was the fish was caught on 400lb mono leader and at the end of the fight when I finally leadered the fish (yes I use crazy long windons) he posed for us to get a good look at him and then spit the hook and went on his way. It was a highlight to a dull night and I was happy my brother finally caught a bigger fish than a 10" rainbow trout.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

LOL thats AWESOME... Talk about diversity. Thats like going from playing with hamsters to being thrown into a Dragons Den... Good for him on fighting his first shark. Props, Im sure hes hooked for life...

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... I heard there were a lot of Mackeral today at the pier. And I know for a fact there were Pompano around earlier today.

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

12/11 @ Juno Pier....got there early...it was actually not to crowded...a handful of people at the T and just a few along the railings closer to the beach. I stayed closest to the beach on the southside and threw out a gotcha plug and nailed some really nice size jack. I got 5 really good size ones that really made for a great fight on my light tackle.

The wind, and even a little rain was very tough....the waves probably were from 6-9 feet as well. Tough to work a gotcha plug...but i picked my timing to toss it out and work it in between the waves. That was really all that was being caught before I left at 10:00am. Saw 1 bluefish, bunch of nice size jacks....and someone also hooked into a ray.

Cory
Snook Master

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

where are the mackeral!!! They arent close in along the beach like usual.
Snook Master

sharkmn42
Old Salt

Post by sharkmn42 »

they were all over the beach today nice 2-4# fish , jumping every where up on huchinson island . they dont hit gotchas up here tho for some reason use a 1/2-3/4 spoon.......look for the birds or them jumping in the wash at the beach acesses .....start at the H.O.R in stuart and work your way to the north .......lots on 3-4# blues and 4-5 # jacks as well . might be a change of pace from the piers .....and a lot less people ... there more active when it ruff as well ...mike
Is it better to be feared or respected or is it two much to ask for both......

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

thanks for the post...I guess I was fishing a little to far south on the beach (jupiter)...Ill throw a spoon a little north and see how it goes.

CC
Snook Master

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

S'up Fellas !

I ran into a couple N Carolina Boys down on Deerfield Pier the other day. They drove down here to just fish a marathon...lol

Told em to take an afternoon on the way back to stop at Juno for some of the best Pier action around - these guys were pretty good fisherman. If ya see em give em a few local pointers - they were good kids !

Thanks

:chef:

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

its dead at juno right now...hopefully it will be decent they day they show up.
Snook Master

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

BigNiner19 wrote:its dead at juno right now...hopefully it will be decent they day they show up.
oops :oops:

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

Im gonna hit the juno pier early in the morning...hopefully the macs will be there...they havent been lately...and if they are there, its few and far between.

Cory
Snook Master

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

and the pier is as I suspected....dead. Didnt see a single fish brought up from 6:00am-9:00am. It was FREEZING out too...hoping to see blues or macs or something.

Got to cast out with some of my new rods though, they feel nice...when fish are finally thick..it should be some real fun with these new pieces.

Cory
Snook Master

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

CROAKERS LOL.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”