Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2010

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2010

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

slicknick wrote:i was out there today bait was decent wasnt as thick as the other day. caught 3 cudas got cut off bout 5 times on live bait, one cuda on a gotcha other on live sardine and other on storm minnow sardine couldnt get anything else to bite where the snook and macks and poons at any advice would be helpfull knowledge is always helpfullllllll thank u good luckkk
snook and poons ARE there, maybe just not when you were :D But you are going to have a higher chance of gettng them at the inlet path itself (where the bait is loaded up), I havnt caught more than 2-3 snook and 0 tarpon off the rocks lately, you want to fish in the bait balls itself on the inlet side. :thumleft:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

yea my dad got a cuda as well, mullet balling up right off the south side of the rocks
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

We do a lot of cuda fishing, strictly using cuda tubes on the last 30 minutes of the incoming tide, they come around then like a wolf pack. Keys to cuda, clean water and little current, slack tide is best. Thats' how you catch the 40"+.

slicknick
Fisher

Post by slicknick »

okay so basiclyy where ever i find the schools of bait more towards the bay side is where the snook and poons are holdin up? i should just free line sum lives or?
peacock man

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

slicknick wrote:okay so basiclyy where ever i find the schools of bait more towards the bay side is where the snook and poons are holdin up? i should just free line sum lives or?
Yes. You can fish livies or throw articificials, that's your choice, even both if you wish. Add a proper amount of weight when live bait fishing, as they can take you to the rocks and boaters will run right over your line if your bait is floating on the surface. Good luck.
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:
slicknick wrote:okay so basiclyy where ever i find the schools of bait more towards the bay side is where the snook and poons are holdin up? i should just free line sum lives or?
Yes. You can fish livies or throw articificials, that's your choice, even both if you wish. Add a proper amount of weight when live bait fishing, as they can take you to the rocks and boaters will run right over your line if your bait is floating on the surface. Good luck.
I enjoyed watching the catermeram almost lose it as well as the other boats going verticle with the incomming boat.

I kept trying to get a spoon and gothca past this little school of mullet on the beach side but the wind kept blowing it left and in
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

slicknick
Fisher

Post by slicknick »

ok gotcha very help fulll!! one more question i dont wanna have my bait on the bottom right just decent lil weight get my bait down midd level and let it ride with the current? or bottom fish it cus ive tryed it before and always gettin caught up on the rocks
peacock man

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

slicknick wrote:ok gotcha very help fulll!! one more question i dont wanna have my bait on the bottom right just decent lil weight get my bait down midd level and let it ride with the current? or bottom fish it cus ive tryed it before and always gettin caught up on the rocks
Don't bottom fish it, your asking for trouble. You will most likely get caught up on the rocks like you said

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

so where do i catch cuda specifically? ive caught one standing on the rocks casting a spoon on the ocean side of the jetty. is that it or is there another location like perhaps fishing the inlet for them?

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

fixed80 wrote:so where do i catch cuda specifically? ive caught one standing on the rocks casting a spoon on the ocean side of the jetty. is that it or is there another location like perhaps fishing the inlet for them?
ive caught them on both sides, but i mostly fish the ocean side in genereal. boaters will run you over on the other side :roll:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

that sucks... oh can i fish past the bridge to on the north side of inlet or is that private too?

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Fishmonger wrote:We do a lot of cuda fishing, strictly using cuda tubes on the last 30 minutes of the incoming tide, they come around then like a wolf pack. Keys to cuda, clean water and little current, slack tide is best. Thats' how you catch the 40"+.
I would fish inside the inlet using a tube not a spoon. Spoons may attract the smaller ones but tubes are magnets for the larger ones........you may need a weighted treble to land them, better 2 man operation.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

gonna hit the inlet up at sunset, hopefully somethings bitting
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

From what I hear its full of bait.. Bring the sabiki.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

james380 wrote:From what I hear its full of bait.. Bring the sabiki.
im takin a buddy who doesnt fish much, so ill stick him on bait patrol
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Perfect!
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

gdm phil wrote:gonna hit the inlet up at sunset, hopefully somethings bitting
Good luck, def bring a cast net or sabiki. There is a variety of bait, and they're thick. There hasnt been much action off the rocks lately, besides cuda's. I think your best bet is trying for snook/ tarpon. They should be there, just be careful when you hook a tarpon....I almost busted my a$$ when it took me for a run on those rocks. :D

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:
Good luck, def bring a cast net or sabiki. There is a variety of bait, and they're thick. There hasnt been much action off the rocks lately, besides cuda's. I think your best bet is trying for snook/ tarpon. They should be there, just be careful when you hook a tarpon....I almost busted my a$$ when it took me for a run on those rocks. :D
im gonna have to use supermarket shrimp unless I can find a local bait shop open. im debating heading down to DFP instead
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:
besides cuda's.... i would rather catch them instead of.......... there tasty as he11. :wink:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Headin out to the inlet in search of bait and shark bait. Hopefully the poons will be there :D

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

TeEnAnGlerPro213 wrote:Headin out to the inlet in search of bait and shark bait. Hopefully the poons will be there :D
Tons of bait, but unfortunately it didn't attract much. Nothing was caught the entire time I was there besides a small parrot fish and some really small grovers. It took me a good 10 min to convince a family that you can't keep them that small :roll: I did have a small poon on for an all about 15 sec.

But on the bright side...I met a close friend I havnt seen in over year, so that was the highlight I guess.

dipydogg
Seasoned Fisher

Post by dipydogg »

Went to the inlet today after seeing multiple tarpon on snorkeling trips out there through out the week. Stopped to sabiki bait on the wall still extremely thick had 20-25 pilchards in about 15-20min. Went down the jetty saw a two guys at the end with about 15 rods in the water so I stayed away from the end and fished the ocean side about 2/3s down the rocks. Current was fairly strong so i tried free lining my pilchards off the rocks. Around my fifth drift down the wall my line took off i closed the bail of my reel and the circle hook dug in and the tarpon flew out of the water. It was on for a few minutes before it broke off. Granted I didnt catch the fish i definitely now have the bug. Catching a tarpon has been a dream of mine since I was little, but growing up fishing redfish and speckled trout in Mississippi never allowed me to ever see one let along catch one. Jumping my first tarpon was something I will never forget and even though I didn't catch anything it was a fishing trip I will never forget and I can't wait to try again.

dipydogg
Seasoned Fisher

Post by dipydogg »

Forgot to mention a thank you to all the guys on the forum for the story above. Ive been a lurker of this forum for more than a year now and your passed on knowledge has definitely helped my adjustment of fishing in South Florida. Thanks a lot guys cant wait to post more reports.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Great report and awesome job dude

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Nice job jumbing your first poon. They're really fun, but it gets challenging when on the rocks :D I couldn't manage to keep a small poon I caught Thursday eve for more than 15 sec.

Also did you see any snook today? When I went out the conditions weren't exactly favorable for them.

dipydogg
Seasoned Fisher

Post by dipydogg »

I didnt see any snook on the jetty side. I did see a kid catch a nice one off a boat on the other side of the inlet. I did hook one the other day off the wall i dropped a pilchard as another guy was bringing up his sabiki full of pilchards. The snook kept stealing his bait as he brought it up so i threw it down like it fell of his rig and the snook nailed it. He rocked me up in about 10 seconds flat. :( Snook are to smart to be fish they must be aliens or something? :scratch:

skumone
Fisher

Post by skumone »

Got off work early today headed out to the inlet for a bit got 1 snook and got cut off twice. I was also out there on saturday night just as the tide started going out... the tarpon were stacked i got bait earlier in the day and stuck it in my livewell in my truck and came back around 12 am i got 2 small ones in somewhere around 30 lbs and lost 2 others. i was only there about and hour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Nice report, I'm heading out there tommorow to see if I can get some snook and actually land a poon this time.

C-MONEY

Post by C-MONEY »

REELS IN THE SAND! I would of freaked out if my reel was like that. Snook are biteing. Good job

skumone
Fisher

Post by skumone »

ITS ON THE CONCRETE... im not a googan thanks for the input.....

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”