Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your fishing reports for this 2010 year
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by fishandchicks »

got to the pier around 11 yday. there were some small ajs around and some snook. tj got one on a live dine on his new accurate.
logan was next. he got his on a live hoo but a cuda wanted to share.
then i got one on a sand perch on my spheros. very skinny fish.
that night cody got this on achunk of gog.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

nice snook and lil tiger .

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

mad no fish today

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

surprised to see a pup tiger caught there.

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

they are always around this time of year

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice post ! I gotta start making my back there at lunch...
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

fishandchicks wrote:they are always around this time of year
not in great numbers, but around.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

thinkin bout going out to the pier tomorrow.... how we looking weather wise and wind etc???? is it TIME?!?!? hahaha im jonsin for some action guys.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

clarence2society wrote:thinkin bout going out to the pier tomorrow.... how we looking weather wise and wind etc???? is it TIME?!?!? hahaha im jonsin for some action guys.
I dont know how this little front hass changed the fishing, but the last few days its sucked
BEAST
snapperkiller

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

it was terrible today too

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

sucks i finally got time to head out and relax on the pier and the fishing is lame as funk... i live close to dania but i hate fishing dania.. snag city.

bbegovic1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bbegovic1 »

Fished from 7:00am - 3:00pm. I think all of the ballyhoo in the entire planet was under Deerfield Pier today. Literally all over the pier. Nothing within the first thirty minutes of arrival, but 30 minutes later, the bite was on. Every bait that went down got hit from 7:30am - 8:00am. The bite shut down a bit and we went 3/5 on macks.

The rest of the day was very good. Lots of hookups including a lost kingfish and many cut-offs. I lost 2lbs of lead today, an X-Rap, and a bunch of jigs so the fish were there, we just had some bad luck. Overall a great day with ballyhoo and cigar minnows being the bait of choice. We left with 5 macks all over 4lbs. :D

Some little kid was fishing a live ballyhoo and caught a snook on a light spinner lol. People who were fishing for them couldn't hook up but he managed to lol.

Some people ignore the fact that Mackeral is a good eating fish, I beg to differ. :mrgreen:

Nautical Flea Market this SATURDAY!!! Time to stack up on some goodies for the year!!!

Ben :toast:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

btw, nice report :dude: looks like the hoos were in action everywhere today
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

for the past like 2 weeks the snook have been destroying the hoos. even going airbourne

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

looks like i need to head down to my local pier :driving: beaches havnt been producing much anyways :D

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

fishandchicks wrote:for the past like 2 weeks the snook have been destroying the hoos. even going airbourne
There were actually almost no snook sunday, that one that that kid caught was the only one I saw. I even tried big live cigs.
BEAST
snapperkiller

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

snakehead terror wrote:
fishandchicks wrote:for the past like 2 weeks the snook have been destroying the hoos. even going airbourne
There were actually almost no snook sunday, that one that that kid caught was the only one I saw. I even tried big live cigs.
with a 6 oz egg, beast swivel,and leaving it in clicker?

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

fishandchicks wrote:
snakehead terror wrote:
with a 6 oz egg, beast swivel,and leaving it in clicker?
No lol
BEAST
snapperkiller

pgomez1
Fisher

Post by pgomez1 »

Went there this morning 4-9am. Little bit of wind. One thing I don't get. Arriving there at 4 am and with only 1 person in the T besides me (ok, 3 but the other 2 were sleeping) , there was almost no place to put my trolley rig. It was FULL of rods. Not good, not cool in any case. Anyway, the report:

Bait was almost nonexistent. A few gog pods only for the professionals to catch (that is I couldn't fool them). I managed to catch a couple of cigar minnows for bait. On the first one, something bit it right on the head, but didn't get hooked or I missed it. I was luckier with the second one, same setup and this time I caught a king (29"). Many thanks to the guy that helped me gaffing it as I don't own a gaff yet.

I left around 9, wind was picking up and the T was packed by then.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

pgomez1 wrote:Went there this morning 4-9am. Little bit of wind. One thing I don't get. Arriving there at 4 am and with only 1 person in the T besides me (ok, 3 but the other 2 were sleeping) , there was almost no place to put my trolley rig. It was FULL of rods. Not good, not cool in any case. Anyway, the report:

Bait was almost nonexistent. A few gog pods only for the professionals to catch (that is I couldn't fool them). I managed to catch a couple of cigar minnows for bait. On the first one, something bit it right on the head, but didn't get hooked or I missed it. I was luckier with the second one, same setup and this time I caught a king (29"). Many thanks to the guy that helped me gaffing it as I don't own a gaff yet.

ehhh the trolley rigs :roll: so a king got your cigar minnow huh? nice :thumleft: :thumright: weere there any spanish macks?

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

pgomez1 wrote:Went there this morning 4-9am. Little bit of wind. One thing I don't get. Arriving there at 4 am and with only 1 person in the T besides me (ok, 3 but the other 2 were sleeping) , there was almost no place to put my trolley rig. It was FULL of rods. Not good, not cool in any case. Anyway, the report:

Good job on the King. The trolley rig can be overwhelming there but if you get there early you can get your spot.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

pgomez1 wrote:Went there this morning 4-9am. Little bit of wind. One thing I don't get. Arriving there at 4 am and with only 1 person in the T besides me (ok, 3 but the other 2 were sleeping) , there was almost no place to put my trolley rig. It was FULL of rods.
8) How is there no place to put out your rods if there are only 2 others on the T?

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Zebco wrote:
pgomez1 wrote:Went there this morning 4-9am. Little bit of wind. One thing I don't get. Arriving there at 4 am and with only 1 person in the T besides me (ok, 3 but the other 2 were sleeping) , there was almost no place to put my trolley rig. It was FULL of rods.
8) How is there no place to put out your rods if there are only 2 others on the T?
Because people use more then one rod fishing off the Tee.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

bolo wrote:
Zebco wrote:
Because people use more then one rod fishing off the Tee.
8) I know. But isn't there a 3 rod limit there, or did they change it? 3 people total,.. I know the T is bigger than a Mini Cooper car door.

pgomez1
Fisher

Post by pgomez1 »

I didn't count, but the corners were taken, there must have been around 13 rods there. If the limit is 3 rods , it is not enforced. Am all for the trolley, but with a 3 rod limit, there should be 2 trolley max per person (asumming everyone has a bait rod). Otherwise DFP will loose its charm in no time.

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

the limit is 3 and a bait rod but a lot of people just fish 4 f'ing trollies.

bbegovic1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bbegovic1 »

Fished from 7:00am - 12:30pm

Seemed Very Fishy but to no avail. Looked last night for the weather, said to be North 10-15 knots with seas 3-5 feet, but that was an illusion. Flat as a pancake and COLD. All the bait you wanted was there. Gogs, Hoos, Cigs, and Dines were all in good numbers and caught well in the morning. Got a hit on the bottom that happened to be a bonita. Spit the hook straight up and down. This was at 8:30am or so. :nilly:

Nothing else for the rest of the day until about 12:00pm when a decent Spanish mack came over.

Ben
:toast:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”