Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Pompano Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by fishnfool73 »

At least you got a chance to get out there. The end of lighting there will spell the end of night snooking there as it has at Anglins. Hopefully both piers will get them fixed soon. It slows them down a lot no matter which pier.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) That pier is close to the inlet. Snook will be there rather you see them or not. You just have to work a little harder on the blind.

Harpmanr
Old Salt

2/27/09 mac attack

Post by Harpmanr »

Lots of Spanish macs at the pier yesterday.
"Life is a gift from God. Fish it as much as possible." "The happier you are, the happier you become."

Harpmanr
Old Salt

Re: 2/27/09 mac attack

Post by Harpmanr »

Sorry about that, I meant to post under Pompano Pier.
"Life is a gift from God. Fish it as much as possible." "The happier you are, the happier you become."

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Harpmanr wrote:Sorry about that, I meant to post under Pompano Pier.

Thanks Harp - things are staring to pick up I hear !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Harpmanr
Old Salt

Post by Harpmanr »

Yeah, the macs were pretty thick yesterday. Silver Gotcha's or live pilchards were working the best.

datboi603
Fisher

Post by datboi603 »

has any one seen bait out at pompano or any snook stacked up

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

datboi603 wrote:has any one seen bait out at pompano or any snook stacked up
Been doing some night fishing myself. Don't know about bait, and ya can't see squat in the water there now, but I did get this beauty on a lure the other day. Though not the biggest, it's the fattest snook I've ever caught, at 32" it was in the 20lb range! That's one thick mama.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

Nice snook and thaks for the report :toast:
BEAST
snapperkiller

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Sunday @ Pompano Pier (report).

Post by WetWillie »

Finally saw some serious size pompano come over the rail! I was only there from about 7 till 10:30 a.m., but the pomps started hitting fleas around 9:00. I thought they would have started earlier, but I guess not. There would be two or three at once, and then a lull for about 30 minutes, as they apparently swam "through" the pier, on their way north. Then the next group would hit a line or two. Saw a nice bonefish caught and released. This guy's reel started screaming and he says, "I don't think it's a pompano." He was right. The boner took some serious line off his reel. Oops, did I say "boner"? The wind was SE and the current was going north. Cody and I went down to the beach with a flea trap and we couldn't even find and "V's" in the sand of the receding waves. Groping with the trap turned up nothing. The guys catching them brought their own with them, so they must have been on some other beach. There was 6 to 8 on board by the time I left. I was tossing some fake rubber fleas I had in the box, but didn't even get a look, let alone a hit. All I know is, somebody is having a great dinner tonight. Joe got one but I've got to call him and see if he got any more after I left. There was a bunch of guys on board that I haven't seen before, because they heard the pomps were due, but they frequent some other pier and it was too crowded, so they came up here and guess what; it was crowded; rods every 6 to 10 feet, for about 40 yards, on each side. Hardly room to walk. Guess I have to work on being patient. It was a great day otherwise, and even saw some fine beach booty chillin' in the sun. Nice. That's it for now! Out!
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Pomps will always draw a crowd. That snook was a fattie. Thanks for the reports.

bbegovic1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bbegovic1 »

Pompano Pier today......................DEAD

Nothing, the biggest thing that came over the rail was a 1-2lb grunt that was later used for bait. Don't know what happened after that. Ballyhoo were there, but impossible to catch. :?

Until Next Time...... :toast:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Thanks for the report, bro! You saved me a trip across half the county. The Warden and I slept in with the bulldogs and ate a late breakfast. Maybe next week.....or the week after....or....zzzzz. :pale:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

this is for the 21 after the rain pomps came i got a few my buddy got limit amd gave away and other buddy got like a 20lb crevel all around great day like from 4 till 8 and sunday more pomps at like just dark.

Swordslayer71
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Swordslayer71 »

3/28/09 fished from 5-8, dead, didn't see one thing come over the rails when I was there. Did see some heavy googan activity but other than that not a whole lot of life. Water was dark green, heavy surf, heavy wind from the south.
Hold Fast

datboi603
Fisher

Post by datboi603 »

is there any live bait out at pompano peir

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

micro pilchards. Its not late enough yet for the good baits.
BEAST
snapperkiller

si_killa

Post by si_killa »

Any luck at the pier?? havent been there in over a year, checked it out the other night, 4$ to get on and no lights on the water nor livewells....

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SaltLife27 »

si_killa wrote:Any luck at the pier?? havent been there in over a year, checked it out the other night, 4$ to get on and no lights on the water nor livewells....

No its sucks and there are NO 10lb spanish macks!!!!

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

This is embarassing to post but today I went 0 for 7 :oops: on beast snook freelining pilchards. I couldnt get a catchable sized one to bite. Too bad I didn't have my 4/0 with me.
BEAST
snapperkiller

contenderblue
Fisher

Post by contenderblue »

its been on fire in the mornings

Plight
Fisher

Post by Plight »

I was at pompano today from about 11am to 3pm. Plenty of bait everywhere.. I had snook on for about 20 secs then lost him, and about an hour later had a nice hit but lost it as well. Either way it was fun being out there.

One thing happened that kinda bothered me, some dude caught a nice size barracuda (maybe 24in or more), left it on the pier for like 20 min until it died then threw it back in :shock: . Someone please explain to me what the hell the point of that is? Why kill a fish for no reason at all? Do people have something against barracudas? I can understand if you're gonna eat it or use it for bait, but c'mon.

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

I saw the same thing last week maybe 17-20". Cuda. Didn't see him throw it back but didn't see him use it either probally the same guy
Pucked up brewery
"adding more ABV per bottle so you can add more inches to your last catch...

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Today was slow snook-wise. I did beach a kid's overslot for him.
BEAST
snapperkiller

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

I've seen all kinds of horrible acts committed at piers. The one that stands out the most was seeing a guy skin, then fillet a blowfish alive, then throw its still gasping head in the water. I love fishing but this sh*t is just sickening and in-excusable. :mad: Plus, it just gives anti-fishing groups more fuel to use against us.

Fish are a blessing to us as food and sport, but they are also living things worthy of respecting as such.

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

BEOWULF wrote: The one that stands out the most was seeing a guy skin, then fillet a blowfish alive, then throw its still gasping head in the water.

if he filleted it he probably ate it so why does it matter if it was alive when he did it or not?
BEOWULF wrote: Fish are a blessing to us as food and sport.
:wink:

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

I can't believe anyone would actually defend such a thing, hopefully you are kidding.

That would fall under the respect it as a LIVING thing part, thus having some mercy on it by not causing unnecessary suffering.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”