Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by permitchaser »

rshields wrote:I wanted to report my "Grand Slam" from fishing the pier yesterday. First, my cow fish- didn't fight much at all reeled it in like a dead weight on the line was about 11inch. Puffer proved to be a heavier weight on the line reeled it in and it was bloated to about a small basketball. Grunt, had a savage run with this monster (not) re-baited and caught his cousin which was a grunt fight all the way. The ribbon fish was then a hearty sea monster, eating my ballyhoo and running. Landed him with a soft thud and sent him back to the sea. A great pay-off for a day when no-one was landing anything. Fished from 2-11PM. Had some crabs in the trough with no takers for 9-hours. Fished every bait available- live shrimp-dead shrimp-live sand perch, squid, ballyhoo, gogs live and dead,sand fleas. When everyone left I got their bait
Nice day good sun, sea was flat current non-existant to a faint south push. Looking forward to a change soon. You got to laugh about some of the blank days we end up with

lol grand slam you are not alone i froze my arse on the keys

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

was there any bait around?
Fishing all day everyday

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Ditto for what Rob said for Friday. Except a guy with a yoyo fishing with squid brought up a nice hogfish 10 feet away from me. Very upsetting. My favorite fish. I usually only see them caught when water is crystal clear and no waves. Of course usually caught on shrimp. :pistols:
That was my fish.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

gatorkong wrote:Ditto for what Rob said for Friday. Except a guy with a yoyo fishing with squid brought up a nice hogfish 10 feet away from me. Very upsetting. My favorite fish. I usually only see them caught when water is crystal clear and no waves. Of course usually caught on shrimp. :pistols:
That was my fish.
I thought there were no yo-yo are allow on Anglins.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

there not allowed as a sign says but they dont inforce half the rules there only if the peir rats brake it.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU DO

tj5485
Fisher

Post by tj5485 »

Whats a yo yo? (no laughing please) :oops:

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

tj5485 wrote:Whats a yo yo? (no laughing please) :oops:

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0003097.shtml

These are the deluxe models. You can pick one up for 8-10 bucks with line on it.You see somebody on the pier with a round plastic line holder and they put a weight with a hook baited up and hand reel grunts or whatever. I'm sure there has been nice fish caught with this simple setup

pgomez1
Fisher

Post by pgomez1 »

Hi guys, new at the forum, been to Anglins a few times. How about tonight. Any reports? Shouldn't it be good fishing these next two days ?

SnapperSnatcher
Old Salt

Post by SnapperSnatcher »

rob762 wrote:
cudaking305 wrote:was there any bait around?
A few gogs and threadfin, but not a lot.

no there are no gogs here, blue runners only
''Bobster The Lobster''

tj5485
Fisher

Post by tj5485 »

Fished this morning from 4am till 9am. Wasnt much bait around. Water was Crystal Crystal Clear which made for crappy fishing unfortunately. Caught the usual mixed bag with no keepers. Caught about 6 undersized yellowtail :mad: When I walked up in the morning I saw a gentlemen reeling in a huge Moray eel. Had to be 6 feet long. Ended up coming off. And as far as the yo yo reels are concerned, thats the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
P.S. As I headed to the T this morning to stake out my spot I noticed the pier was a bit of a mess. There were 3 Bags of old smelly bait hanging from those "pole holder thingies", One blue fish on the ground that was missing its head, And about 5 way undersize Mangrove Snappers sitting on the cutting boards. Pisses me off. I saw the guys that left all the mangroves but I didnt notice it untill they left. Have some respect guys. Im sure there are tons of people on this forum that will back me up on this that have been fishing this pier way longer then I have and I just think its ridiculous. Anyways, done venting now.

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

i agree with u

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

We need to have a wake-up call for those regular slimers that are showing up and making a mess of things. Not that my Karate is tougher then anybody's but.... have some respect. The last time I was at the T there was the same heap and mess of undersized yellowtails cut for bait and fish everywhere. I did not see who did it but this is getting out of hand. Time to call in super Willie

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

[quote="rob762
All - put the Pier phone number in your cell phone. When you see something like this being done, call the pier and ask them to address it. I agree, this is disgusting. It seems we need to remind everyone every 6 months or so about leaving fish, etc on the deck.[/quote] iv always told them up front and all willie does is make them throw it back after its dead theres no point then i think they should be kicked off or something

West Coast Fisherman
Seasoned Fisher

Post by West Coast Fisherman »

They need to take care of all the people fishing with yoyos lately to. Some guy almost decapitated me last Friday.
ANGLINS PIER

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Anglins has a rule that does not allow people to fish with yo yos. If Tommy is not there the other attendant will not enforce it.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

tj5485
Fisher

Post by tj5485 »

Ya its ridiculous, ..mind you that i have only fished there a few times but I understand that importance of keeping our fisheries clean. How do these yo yos work? Someone sent me a link to see what it is but all it says is something about not having to be there to set the hook. please explain. And I promise next time I see this Bull #$%^ going on at the pier I will call them out on it. I was a little outnumbered this morning.

SenorCommando
Fisher

Post by SenorCommando »

I just came home from Anglins. I fished it from midnight to about 8am, and the only thing I caught was a small grover, 2 grunts, and a very nice size Jack :happyfisherman: . The sea was extremely rough and the wind was ridiculously strong. I tried throwing gotchas in the morning, but there were no macks to be seen or caught :cry: . This was my first time fishin Anglins, so I don't know how it usually is, but today was a shitty fishing day :thumbdown:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

SENORCOMMANDO I am shocked to hear your report. I woke up this morning and looked at the breeze and expected the pier to be on fire today. The pier can be good and bad on back to back days. I wouldn't give up on it yet. Tides play a huge role on that pier esp. this year for some reason.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

pgomez1
Fisher

Post by pgomez1 »

On the tide thing. Can someone give me a hand on how is it that it works?. I have been to both anglins and deerfield an hour before high tide, day and night and have not noted much difference.

Any pointers would help....

Thanks

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

rob762 wrote:
fishnfool73 wrote: I woke up this morning and looked at the breeze and expected the pier to be on fire today. ....Tides play a huge role on that pier esp. this year for some reason.
I was expecting same.....

Anyone else have a report from today?

Lok up at the sky about now - Should explain it.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Should we call Bruce Willis?

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

All - put the Pier phone number in your cell phone. When you see something like this being done, call the pier and ask them to address it. I agree, this is disgusting. It seems we need to remind everyone every 6 months or so about leaving fish, etc on the deck.[/quote]

Your right, I will use my phone the next time. We have to take action for these abusers

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

What are the gogs like? Thick enough to make it worth a late night/early AM trip from Miami to try and stock up for the Tugas?

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:What are the gogs like? Thick enough to make it worth a late night/early AM trip from Miami to try and stock up for the Tugas?
na not really there here and there but not worth a trip from miami.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

CHAD wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:What are the gogs like? Thick enough to make it worth a late night/early AM trip from Miami to try and stock up for the Tugas?
na not really there here and there but not worth a trip from miami.
Thanks, thats kind of what I figured. I'll wait until closer to my trip.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”