Fast sink or intermediate?

This area is to help those to Flyfish and get the answers to there questions.
Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Fast sink or intermediate?

Post by Albacized »

Hi all - coming down next week to the Juno/Jupiter area (from Massachusetts)...I've fished the area each year for the last 5 years or so (always July), but have mainly concentrated or stuck with spinning gear (mostly because a lot of my fishing has concentrated from the pier or certain ICW locations where there is essentially no back casting room....In MA, I fish largely with fast sink tip lines (similar to Teeny, or Orvis Depth Charge) since a lot of our estuaries experience a lot of water exchange (and it moves at a fast clip). I sometimes use an intermediate (clear tip Rio line) if I'm going to be 'dredging' the bottom....

So my question is, in areas such as Jupiter inlet or other near by inlets, would a fast sink be more beneficial - especially if targeting snook? Also, I'll be hitting the surf in the early am and my past experience tells me the winds down there are primarily from the east, making for some fair sized breakers in the surf. Would the faster sinking tip be a better choice for that situation?

gdm phil
SHARKER

Re: Fast sink or intermediate?

Post by gdm phil »

if u wanna fish jupiter inlet at night lmk
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Fast sink or intermediate?