Where's the bait along the Boynton beaches?

This area is to help those to Flyfish and get the answers to there questions.
flycaster
Fisher

Where's the bait along the Boynton beaches?

Post by flycaster »

Is it me, or what? Been down to the Boynton Beaches looking for snook. Last year there was tons of bait in the water and the snook were cruising the water's edge all day long. It was heaven. But this year, I have yet to see anywhere near the numbers of bait fish that were around last year; nor have I seen many cruising snook. hey guys, what's up?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Where's the bait along the Boynton beaches?

Post by fixed80 »

bait typically moves in and out. when oct comes the mullet should be by the thousands, maybe even starting as early as Sept since the mullet made an early appearance.

flycaster
Fisher

Post by flycaster »

I'm talking about the small bait fish. Last year there were football fields of them along the Boynton shore line at this time before the mullet arrived. Hopefully, as Irene clears out the bait will com in.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

the white bait you are referring to may or may not come back. based on reports a few months ago they were there but then they vanished. so you can only hope they will be there the days you arrive at the inlet. reply on the boynton inlet thread to see if there is that kind of bait there now. :thumright:

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Dork jacks everywhere including the beaches and small white bait has been showing up at night and at the end of the jetties. I know the hordes of bait you're talking about. It's been different every year sometimes they're there and sometimes they are nowhere to be found.

Return to “FlyFishing Help”