Fly help for board newb

This area is to help those to Flyfish and get the answers to there questions.
wild john
Fisher

Fly help for board newb

Post by wild john »

Coming down to Delray area for T-day and bringing the sissy-stick along with spinner for plugs/jigs/bait.
I'm guessing 10 wt is good for snooks, (medium) yaks, possible lagoon poon :dude: . Floating and int. lines.
Flies I'm thinking clousers, crease flies, deciever types, synthetic "hair" flies. Any special colors I should be aware of. I'm hearing about mullet, so I'm thinking about flies w/ black backs (ala local 66 "crap" below- you make some nice crap, btw), although I have also heard that snook will not hit a black fly.
Anybody feel strongly about that?
Thanks to all for help. Really good board.
-WJ

FlyFishin321
Weekend Warrior

Re: Fly help for board newb

Post by FlyFishin321 »

wild john wrote:Coming down to Delray area for T-day and bringing the sissy-stick for plugs/jigs/bait. along with fly.
Fixed it for you.

* Everything you mentioned sounds good, all of the fine tuning will have to wait until you get out there and see what conditions you will be fishing.

wild john
Fisher

Re: Fly help for board newb

Post by wild john »

FlyFishin321 wrote:
wild john wrote:Coming down to Delray area for T-day and bringing the sissy-stick for plugs/jigs/bait. along with fly.
Fixed it for you. Thanks- It was a late one last night!

* Everything you mentioned sounds good, all of the fine tuning will have to wait until you get out there and see what conditions you will be fishing.
Check- I'll come loaded for bear... -ish.

Return to “FlyFishing Help”