Sanibel Island dive.

Put your spearfishing reports here and lets see some pics from underwater. Cool
# one
Weekend Warrior

Sanibel Island dive.

Post by # one »

Finally got out there Thursday...took my roommate along as well. Hoping to get some rod and reel fishing in, and boy did it look real promising when we first arrived. The Sheepshead were abundant, mullet were jumping left and right, and the snook were around. Put some live shrimp out and pitched some spoons and what not and nothing. After patiently waiting for 15mins :nopity: , I couldn’t help myself but to hop in and start tearing it up :pistols: , And I did just that. Got 9 Sheepshead and shot two groves, but this greedy jew decided to engulf them right off the tip of the pole spear.…and in the process scared the $#!% out of me. We left with 6 Sheepshead and a good story.O. and the water was awsome...COLD and about a #ft vis. if that. went back Sat. and got 19 and gave 4 away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Sanibel Island dive.

Post by permitchaser »

nice sheepheads there's none in miami :(

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

wtg!
permitchaser wrote:nice sheepheads there's none in miami :(
:uplol: thats what you think :uplol:

sharkinkoz
Fisher

Post by sharkinkoz »

Nice, how big was the jewfish?

firebeforice
Old Salt

Post by firebeforice »

IM CHUMMING wrote:wtg!
especially in the upper keys at my favorite inlet that you cant fish

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

IM CHUMMING wrote:wtg!
On clean water ? on brakish water yes there are

# one
Weekend Warrior

Post by # one »

Man that jew was nasty...i gave it 300lbs+, but im sure it was more like 200lbs and no less., You know how it is, but nontheless it was massive and i could fit my whole upper body in his mouth.

Chris...Tim and Eli are planning on coming over this weekend, so hopefully we can set the 14 and the 9 up on him and see if we can drag his @$$ out...O i guess you guys had a pretty good night sharkin

The sheepshead were packed over here...I counted at least 200 in an hour and ever bridge i hit they were hanging out there too. And mangroves were everywhere, but after going to the keys and shooting some with some size to them i didnt see any worth shooting.

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Hey # one do they allow fishing from that bridge you shot those sheepshead by? Just asking because you said you were doing regular fishing from where you went spearfishing. Just a heads up if that is the case.

From FWC website.
You may NOT spearfish (excluding bowhunting and gigging) as described below:
Within 100 yards of a public swimming beach, any commercial or public fishing pier, or any part of a bridge from which public fishing is allowed.

# one
Weekend Warrior

Post by # one »

Ya i thought that i would have a prob. with that, but luckly i didnt. I saw a Sanibel police boat, but he just drove past. I was diving an area where it wasnt an actual fishing bridge, like the others in that area. But i did swim about 100yds up the bridge..Boaters in this area suck though. They didnt really care to much about my flag, but thats a different story.

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

nice, i didnt know u took pics... btw one of those looks very white did the fish really look like that?

# one
Weekend Warrior

Post by # one »

Ya tim said the same thing...i actually hit him when i was blindly shooting at a different fish and ended up stoning him. i didnt even realize that he was on till i was about to reload.

Return to “Spearfishing Reports”