MASK WITH OUT NOSE COVER

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
offtrackk
Old Salt

MASK WITH OUT NOSE COVER

Post by offtrackk »

SUP GUYS

ANYBODY KNOW A MASK THAT DOSENT COVER UR NOSE. NORMAL MASK DONT LET ME HOLD MY NOSE TO POP MY EARS I CAN ONLY GO DOWN DEEP WITH GOOGLES AND THAT SUKXS LOL! ANY IDEAS?
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

CHAD
Old Salt

Re: MASK WITH OUT NOSE COVER

Post by CHAD »

i can pop my nose with the nose peice on i just hold my nose like normal and it works evey time have you tried that?
DO WHAT YOU LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU DO

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

lol yes i have! reason y i have used the googles!
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Try a low volume mask, lense is closer to the face and the nose peice extends out making it easier to close off the nose. Stop by Divers Direct next door to BPS in Dania

Divers Direct has this one on sale for 50 bucks... Oceanways

-or- move up for another 50 to Atomic Vision
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

thnx for the help! next paycheck here i come!
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

I stumbled on this thread, wondering if this worked out for you. I can't imagine using a mask without a nose pocket to any real depth. Reason being, as you decend the airspace in the mask compresses, creates a vacuum as it were. You need to blow a little air thru your nose into the mask to equalize the airspace as you decend (you may not even realize your doing it) otherwize your gonna end up breaking blood vessels in and around your eyes.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

NEVER PUSHED IT PAST 35! AND STILL HAVENT GOTTEN THE MASK! MONEY HAS BEEN LOW AT THE MOMMENT! :nopity:
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

offtrackk wrote:NEVER PUSHED IT PAST 35! AND STILL HAVENT GOTTEN THE MASK! MONEY HAS BEEN LOW AT THE MOMMENT! :nopity:
Even at 35ft...

In a flexible container, a balloon is a good example, the volume will be halved for every 33ft (fresh water) in depth. In otherwords. if you start off with one qubic foot of gas (air) at the surface and bring it down to 33ft, it will be twice as dense but half the volume 1/2 cubic foot. That can not only be extreamely painfull but also dangerous.

Have fun but be careful :thumleft:
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

mmcauliffe wrote:
offtrackk wrote:NEVER PUSHED IT PAST 35! AND STILL HAVENT GOTTEN THE MASK! MONEY HAS BEEN LOW AT THE MOMMENT! :nopity:
Even at 35ft...

In a flexible container, a balloon is a good example, the volume will be halved for every 33ft (fresh water) in depth. In otherwords. if you start off with one qubic foot of gas (air) at the surface and bring it down to 33ft, it will be twice as dense but half the volume 1/2 cubic foot. That can not only be extreamely painfull but also dangerous.

Have fun but be careful :thumleft:
freediving is not as dangerous as you think (at that depth), as long as you dont spend too much time on the bottom (over 2 min) a shallow water black out is very hard to get at that depth, your body will normally force you to go up to the surface before your co2 levels in the blodstream go too high and ultimately black out... You need to start worrying when you freedive depths of 60ft and over, you need to dive according to your experience and confort in the water, if you like freediving alot I would recomend that you take a freediving performance class.. the classes are a bit expensive but Ive been told they are worth every penny, hopefully I'll be taking one either on december or january ...

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

Sorry for me being vauge. None of my posts were in reference to shallow water blackout. I was merely trying to convey that using goggles (mask without a nose pocket) you can get a pretty good "mask squeeze" in the depths you mentioned you were diving and possibly break blood vessles in and around your eyes.

Now - shallow water blackout can indeed happen at any depth (actually it typicaly happens at or near the surface). The way this works has everything to do with the ppo2 (partial pressure of oxygen) in your lungs. If you stay down long enough to matabolize enough O2 to were you start getting close hypoxia and you acend, the ppo2 in your lungs begins to drop even furthur...rapidly. When the ppo2 drops far enough, you lose conciousness.

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

I thought you were talkn about the lungs not the mask, what you wrote seemed a bit indefinite, maybe you should have specified a little more.... but yea, blackouts always happen at the surface, and are caused by lack of oxygen to the brain..

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

EHC342 wrote:I thought you were talkn about the lungs not the mask, what you wrote seemed a bit indefinite, maybe you should have specified a little more.... but yea, blackouts always happen at the surface, and are caused by lack of oxygen to the brain..
:thumleft:

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”