Shark Migration?

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Shark Migration?

Post by Kizer »

Is there a shark migration going on right now? Anything I should be worried about in S FL?
Kizer

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Shark Migration?

Post by fishnfool73 »

Yes , no
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

:jester:

I am comfortable with a couple sharks here and there. Me and my buddies tend to be able to deal with them in small numbers. My concern is running into 30 lemon sharks out there. My understanding is that they congregate around Jupiter this time of year. Wanted to make sure that did not hold true in Boca - Ft Lauderdale area.

:toast:
Kizer

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

If most people knew the numbers of sharks that swim right by them on the beaches as they swim they would never enter the water. Realitive with the number of people that are in the ocean and seas vs the number of sharks attacks is staggering. Shark attacks are hyped by an ignorant dramatic media to scare the mindless masses.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

I feel the same way in general. I just see no reason to take a dip when the migration is in full swing. :pistols:
Kizer

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

A bit to cold for a dip for me, anyways.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

The Sharks migration is almost all Tips and Spinners. I would be a lot more worried about the big numbers of Bulls around the Bonito schools on the reef in the summer.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

LondonFisherman
Fisher

Post by LondonFisherman »

Bloody Hell Goliath!

So, what you're saying is that you could have been reaching down to help the fish aboard and you would now be typing this post one-handed?
Some people fish in the sea of life without bait

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”