getting into spearfishing can anyone answer some questions

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
doug
Fisher

getting into spearfishing can anyone answer some questions

Post by doug »

wat is a good gun 4 freediving off boca of deerfield i want a gun that is just as good as riffe but not as exspensive

# one
Weekend Warrior

Re: getting into spearfishing can anyone answer some questions

Post by # one »

Well riffe isnt that great, You are mostly paying for the name.

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

i c that u r starting to agree with me.!! :dude: .... i would suggest you and my buddy # one to get a euro gun between 100-130 cm.. dont bother with ab biller, jbl, and sea hornet, they are either too thick and heavy or the triggers are very hard to pull, besides, u will grow out if them very fast..i would suggest cressi, omer, or rob allen, they are not very expensive and are very accurate and powerfull guns..

# one
Weekend Warrior

Post by # one »

ya, well that doesn't change the fact that im still gonna get 1

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

EHC342 wrote:i c that u r starting to agree with me.!! :dude: .... i would suggest you and my buddy # one to get a euro gun between 100-130 cm.. dont bother with ab biller, jbl, and sea hornet, they are either too thick and heavy or the triggers are very hard to pull, besides, u will grow out if them very fast..i would suggest cressi, omer, or rob allen, they are not very expensive and are very accurate and powerfull guns..
What is the reason you would get this and not a smaller gun. Accuracy? Just wondering??
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

....The reason i told him to get a gun around that size its because you have a pretty good range with those guns, so instead of just stalking up to a fish like its normally done, you would have to chase the fish it to get in range with a smaller one.... many people carry a secondary gun 110cm or smaller (depends if they are on reef or blue water) to shoot into rocks or to shoot again at curious fish that have been attracted after the first shot

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

I started last year with a spora-sub 100 from Florida Freedivers. Entry level for a little over $100. It was on clearance because Mares had bought them out and was re branding. I put a heavier shaft on it for another $60. I really enjoy the hunt, and I am not sure if I would even want a bigger gun for the reefs I fish on. With that said, I have missed a lot of yellow tail due to the limited range, but I am ok with that because I still get mine. Hit a red grouper, multiple snapper, and a couple hog fish already this season.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I have found that this board is great for information because the community here is very generous.
Kizer

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

mako spearguns, rob allen, cressi, omer are all great guns...for those starting up dont get jbl or ab biller!!!

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”