blank for electrical reel

We have a good many rod builders here and also those with much to offer about reels, so if you need help with Rods-Reels- or Wrapping do it here
kblue
SHARKER

Re: blank for electrical reel

Post by kblue »

Hmm... it seems 8ft 20-40 may not be good for tile fish...
Rare wrote:
We fish CHASO rods. On this episode, during the day deep dropping we were fishing Chaos 7'0" K 30-60 lb conventional rods and 8'0" graphite rods at night for grouper/snapper. Thanks for watching. - Capt Mike 
I think I go with what you found... Chaos 7'0" K 30-60 lb conventional rod as this old man will fish Yankee Capt...Thanks

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I was going to say something but.....glad you found out. Im here to help you guys...always!!!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Because of that, I put a lot of value on your saying...keep it that way... Best one was "high stick batman"... lol

Sandbar
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Sandbar »

kblue wrote:Sometimes, i just don't know what to say...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4thOMTgWIw

You seem reading only what you want to read from other's posting...
I have been saying this rod is for party boat with rail surrounded and no bent butt can be used...
People don't spend a big money without knowing what he is doing.

Chinese noodle and bruce lee...oh boy I don't know what is in your brain...
I assume you don't know difference between English and Irish or Jamaican and Puerto Rican...whatever...lol
You said the guy needed to use his muscles. My comment was in humor that electric reel and rod set ups are heavy.

No need to get so defensive.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Gotcha now Blue! For a custom, Pete Barret is my guy. As far as the rod butt, go both ways. Lots of guys go that way. Canyon is one off the shelf for 139. Straight and bent butt base on the same rod as a combo. This has been around for quite a while. That's why I couldn't get my head around the problem. Because it's really not a problem.

http://reeldraggintackle.com/products/b ... ound-class
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

The 80 pound is 149.00.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

crashmister wrote:The 80 pound is 149.00.
Thanks Pat... :thumright:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Sandbar wrote:
kblue wrote:Sometimes, i just don't know what to say...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4thOMTgWIw

You seem reading only what you want to read from other's posting...
I have been saying this rod is for party boat with rail surrounded and no bent butt can be used...
People don't spend a big money without knowing what he is doing.

Chinese noodle and bruce lee...oh boy I don't know what is in your brain...
I assume you don't know difference between English and Irish or Jamaican and Puerto Rican...whatever...lol
You said the guy needed to use his muscles. My comment was in humor that electric reel and rod set ups are heavy.

No need to get so defensive.
I am in a little rush to help my old man and not much room to take your joke... Just none of your comments that are supposed to be from "expert been doing things for a long time" was helping... You can see how others's comments were respective to help me out...

Sandbar
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Sandbar »

Don't know if you're trying to troll me or if being serious. You were joking with me at the beginning of the thread.

I recommended a fiberglass blank. Permitchaser agreed with me in that it was cheaper, stronger, and that you could lean it on rail.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Yes, that's correct...you said fiber glass... So it was helpful arguably...lol

My reason to go with fiber glass is not for strength...nor leaning against rail...
People cover rail with those floating chinese noodles (used in pool) with bruce lee pic to protect the rod.
Moderate rod tip of E glass will help not to lose a big fish cranked up from 800ft below...
These big fishes don't need tip sensitivity to catch...And this is what my old man hooked in.

If you see second video from floridasports... he was using graphite 8ft to detect small snappers bites that can steal the bait...So for that kinda of fishing, I would recommend rod with graphite content.

Still wondering that amazing 9.3oz 7'6" Phyniex blank with line rate of 40 - 100LB... with graphite and kevlar.
I wish I could try to bend this blank... :auto:

Sandbar
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Sandbar »

:biglaugh: Mudhole might have that blank in stock. :driving:

Not sure if anyone has it locally. There's really no big places here that specifically sell rod building components to the public. It would be nice if mudhole opened up a location in south florida.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

I believe it is the same or similar to what they use in the pully ridge video.

Return to “Rod & Reels & Wraps”