Rod Blanks

We have a good many rod builders here and also those with much to offer about reels, so if you need help with Rods-Reels- or Wrapping do it here
njp32
Seasoned Fisher

Rod Blanks

Post by njp32 »

This might be kind of a tall order but I'll give it a shot. I'm not a big fan of buying blanks and certain components online and I like to avoid it whenever possible. I would rather see and touch what I'm buying. I've bought blanks from biscayne rods but they have a limited selection. They primarily build boat rods and 8 ft is the longest blank they have. I've also bought blanks from mudhole and they turned out completely different than what I was expecting and I had to return it (at my expense :x ).

I've searched online for a physical store within a reasonable distance and asked a few people at the local tackle shops and I haven't really gotten good responses. They have all told me go to mudhole, anglers, or biscayne rods. There was a place in dade but the website said wholesale only.

I'm beginning to think that such a place doesn't exist. I live in dade but I am willing to drive a little bit (an hr tops) to get to a good place. I'm looking for surf/bottom blanks in the 9-10ft range.
Does anyone know of a physical place in dade or broward or even palm beach where I can buy rod blanks and components without having to buy wholesale? The bigger the selection the better.

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Rod Blanks

Post by ilovefishing »

Hit up linesider on the forum , he builds custom rods

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

ilovefishing wrote:Hit up linesider on the forum , he builds custom rods
X2. Very knowledgeable and friendly, he will point you in the right direction and has his own little mad scientist shop!

-Swordfish

njp32
Seasoned Fisher

Post by njp32 »

ok thanks guys. I appreciate it :toast:

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

im noone, only blanks i have on hand that length are heavy shark blanks and 2-3 hurricane in the 20lb class. be more than happy to order something for u when i place my orders..
or you could call Bill at Fishing rods ect...or walk into keylargorods

phantomreefer
Weekend Warrior

Post by phantomreefer »

Choas rods sells component, blanks, good selection of grips, reel seats, thread and so on. See marshal. Hope it helped. I usually wait a couple of months and drive to mudhole with a buddy and go buck ass wild!
Wisdom, justice, temperance, and fortitude. And if none of that works, kick em in the nuts!

Return to “Rod & Reels & Wraps”