Shimano Curado 300 EJ Vs. Abu Garcia Revo Inshore

We have a good many rod builders here and also those with much to offer about reels, so if you need help with Rods-Reels- or Wrapping do it here
pinoyboykev
Weekend Warrior

Shimano Curado 300 EJ Vs. Abu Garcia Revo Inshore

Post by pinoyboykev »

Hey all, I am wondering what is everyone's opinion on the curado 300 EJ vs Revo inshore. I am looking for a good inshore baitcaster. I love the low profile design and am used to it with my quantum smoke that I use for bass. What I like about the curado and revo is mainly that big crank of a handle and the line capacities. Also want to know how well these cast. I am mainly going to be using these reels to chuck out 1 to 2 ounce top water lures at long distances. So, which is better and why? Thank you all for your help.

fishboy
Old Salt

Re: Shimano Curado 300 EJ Vs. Abu Garcia Revo Inshore

Post by fishboy »

I have the Curado and i use it to cast one ounce spoons, and it handles them pretty well.

Zeandr
Fisher

Re: Shimano Curado 300 EJ Vs. Abu Garcia Revo Inshore

Post by Zeandr »

Just my two cents...sorry for bumping...

I have a Revo Toro 60 on a 8' 6" med. Shimano Claurs that when I get the cash will get bumped up to a Shimano Tearmar rod.
I can't say enough about the factory service. I found a factory authorized service center in Iowa and sent them a ProMax 6600 that was 20ish years old. Got a call from them about it once it got there and was offered a Toro 50 or 60 in trade + some cash. Cost to fix was a push so I decided to do the trade in and selected the 60. My 6600 was not rated for saltwater and the bearings were shot. I did like that reel but the Revo Toro 60 is light years ahead of anything that's 20 years old.
So I would not worry about warranty or service on them as long as if you need it and use a factory authorized service center for any needed warranty work. Mine so far is good as gold. A little big for the Claurs but works never the less. On a Tearmar or equivalent rod it should throw a Iron with ease.

Return to “Rod & Reels & Wraps”