Florida Sportman Article interview with Me

This is where you will find all the Info, Pics, Videos and Leader Board.

"Durrr-Dum-Durrr-Dum-Durrr-Dum"
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Florida Sportman Article interview with Me

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

For those of you that would like to read it is in the March issue, you will find it in the Tournament area at the back of the Magazine.

I want to say I could not of said what I said with out the help of all who responsibly participate in the Tourney and also the BF Forum.

So Thank you to all who Participate, Watch, Help me to organize it and judge it "You know who you are", I have tried to stay background of the Guys who have helped me Herbert, Gus, Denny for the Tourney for the last couple of years this year it is only me so I will obviously be now more in the forefront, I really like to be in the background but what the heck.

Anyways Dennis Conway"Managing Editor" did a great job quoting me and a Great Photo of our Tourney starts the article off.

There is not ego in why I do this, it is admiration for this style of fishing that makes me do this every year and I just want to simmer the over all concept of Shark fishing from Killing to Caring.

So anyways Thanks to all at the Tourney and Here
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Re: Florida Sportman Article interview with Me

Post by james380 »

Some one needs to scan that article and post it.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Get-em-wet
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Get-em-wet »

it's a long article...but i'll see if i can scan it sometime soon.

james380

Post by james380 »

Thank you, sir!
- Charlton Heston

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Yeah, I want to see a copy too, I didn't renew my subscribition to FL Sportsman this year since the magazine has gotten so short that I could practically read it in one sitting in the bathroom :lol:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:the magazine has gotten so short that I could practically read it in one sitting in the bathroom :lol:
8) That's why you keep the toothpaste tube and deodorant cans so close. Nothing like learning 37 lettered words with lots of Y's and X's.

Get-em-wet
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Get-em-wet »

http://www.sharkresearchfoundation.com/ ... rtsman.pdf

It's hosted on my Website Servers so it will be up there until i take it down...but i'll probably use it on my website (it's not finished yet btw :roll: )

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Thanks, that was a good read.

james380

Post by james380 »

Thanks for posting it. :thumleft:
- Charlton Heston

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

C.J. wrote:Good read, but why ban pics of dead sharks if you say you don't have a problem with people harvesting them? Also what happend to that thread (poof?).
Again, this relates to the Catch and Release Shorebound Tourney. Since this site holds the shark tourney having killed pictures will only tarnish the reputation of the organization. Watch groups will use these pictures for their attack when they want to ban C&R shark tourney and shark fishing of the beaches. It is more a moral issue then anything.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

It's more like CYA. Why enrage any group with pictures that fuel outrage. I am a believer in choice and have harvested and eaten shark. Remember there are groups out there that would start a movement based on someone stepping on a pss-ant if they had a picture or video.

BoatlessFisherman

I do not delete, we Move so if there is a post that is found to be not Up to standards and it leaves you can protest to get it back and it can reappear.

This site is now only 98% free People zone the other 2 % is my Opinion and what I think is best for Boatlessfishing.com and so yes a post may leave once and a while but we really try to remove as little as possible
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

Tommy, I finally got to read your comments in the article. Clear position well stated, great explanations about the tourney, sport and it's growth..

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

C.J. wrote:
bolo wrote:
C.J. wrote:Good read, but why ban pics of dead sharks if you say you don't have a problem with people harvesting them? Also what happend to that thread (poof?).
Again, this relates to the Catch and Release Shorebound Tourney. Since this site holds the shark tourney having killed pictures will only tarnish the reputation of the organization. Watch groups will use these pictures for their attack when they want to ban C&R shark tourney and shark fishing of the beaches. It is more a moral issue then anything.
What groups are you speaking of?
PETA and other group that fought against no sharking fishing in Delray Beach.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

C.J. wrote:
rshields wrote:It's more like CYA. Why enrage any group with pictures that fuel outrage. I am a believer in choice and have harvested and eaten shark. Remember there are groups out there that would start a movement based on someone stepping on a pss-ant if they had a picture or video.
Enrage who? It's not like there is a large amount of dead shark pictures being posted on this site. Infact it has never been an issue untill this article had came out. It just seems very coincidental that harvesting sharks is a problem now when it was never a issue in the past. Same with the post being poofed. Just sayin
Nobody said you couldn't harvest any sharks. We choose to not have killed shark pictures. This site is not run as a demoracy. Tommy will run this site how he feel fit. If you feel it is a conspiracy then so be it. If you felt strongly against this how come you didn't put your input then when Tommy had ask the entire forum?

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

C.J. wrote:
rshields wrote:It's more like CYA. Why enrage any group with pictures that fuel outrage. I am a believer in choice and have harvested and eaten shark. Remember there are groups out there that would start a movement based on someone stepping on a pss-ant if they had a picture or video.
Enrage who? It's not like there is a large amount of dead shark pictures being posted on this site. Infact it has never been an issue untill this article had came out. It just seems very coincidental that harvesting sharks is a problem now when it was never a issue in the past. Same with the post being poofed. Just sayin
Simple google search gets you into hundreds of sites that are dedicated to anti sharking in many different forms. Finning to recreation. Several of them are locally based. Delray Beach PETA.. I for one don't have any problem with legal harvest by choice but posting a filleted shark on this site I think can do more harm then good for those who shark fish for recreation. Allot of discussion was on this subject awhile back and I thought everyone made their point then.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

C.J. wrote:Thread went poof, and did'nt think about it untill i seen this thread. I been here for some time now so seeing something changed when it was never brought up as a problem before makes you wonder. But whats done is done. But if i catch a mako can the rule be over turned. :biglaugh:
Tough call. :D

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

C.J. wrote:i know it would suck not being about to post it. ohhhhhhhh well
Look, we allow pictures of catch and release sharks. If you look how we photograph the shark you will understand what I mean. Then I see no issues. But don't post it dead as a door or hung up on a forklift. That will get delete quick.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

No comment. :shock:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

C.J. wrote: Your right i could always takes pictures first before clubbing it like a seal.
:uplol: Now you're learning.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Any minute the Skunk Ape will log in and start preaching about saving the little seals.

BoatlessFisherman

I believe all who read that article can see I state, That one has the right to harvest and I am not here to stop that on the contrary.

All I am asking is lets not post dead Shark Pics here in this forum.

CJ if a post was deleted unfairly I apologize, that was not our intent, you have been with the site from the beginning and have always shown respect to the forum and to me and I thank you for that. I am looking into your poofed post.

How many of you have gone into the water and revived a shark? do it and then you will have an affinity for them, I will almost guarantee it. I have become very attached to Sharks over the last 5 years and I really think they need us to protect them because we are there only predator and we do not always make good choices, because many things play a part, Ego, Money and just cause we can kill something we do--- Human Nature---Go Figure.
-Tommy A-

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

Im starting to like sharks and sharking too, im not to the point where im gonna go try to revive one though :monkey:

Get-em-wet
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Get-em-wet »

the link to the article will go bye bye soon...switching over to a bigger server and will probably put it up on there once i get everything set up. but again link to thread will go bye bye so if you want it for future reference then download it.

Return to “SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY PAST”