ferguson how do you feel ?

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

ferguson how do you feel ?

Post by gruntking »

lets hear it am i the only one tired of watching this on tv ?

dont you think enough is enough ?
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: ferguson how do you feel ?

Post by krash »

I say send the police, fire & rescue.. on and extended paid vacation and let the residents do what they may even if it is burn down the city and kill each other....
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I have my hands up on this one

dmoore65
Fisher

Post by dmoore65 »

Im "African American" and I personally feel like people need to look at what the step were leading up to the encounter as opposed to the end result. It comes down to teaching your children respect themselves and respect the law. You rob a store which was caught on video, so you don't set a positive view already. Then when you're walking down the middle of the street, and the police officers asks you to move out the street which is illegal you bum rush his car.....
Fish For A Man, He'll Eat For A Day, But If You Teach That Man To Fish, He'll Never Go Hungry.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Whole thing is so laden with anger and politics. Bad mix but apparently the only thing you get nowadays in the good ol usa

If its not some idiot rioters it is obumma the great.

Total bs
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

Bored

ilovefishing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ilovefishing »

Honestly I don't care one bit, it's not affecting me nor my family. It probably makes me sound like an ass but hey it's my opinion

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

someones dead....should have at least gone to trial

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

agonzalez0 wrote:someones dead....should have at least gone to trial
It did go to trial per say. A grand jury requires less proof to find due cause than a guilty verdict in a trial. So in theory if the grand jury found not enough evidence then a trial jury would be harder pressed to do it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I remember the Riots here in Yer-ami back in like '68. I think it started over some kid killed by LEO in the inner-city....

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Yes indeed. Let them burn their town to the ground. Maybe the next guy will think twice about trying to fight a cop...

Question, was Mike Brown holding his arms up saying "don't shoot" while reaching in the cop car and punching the cop or was it after?

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Just another hysterical reality show on TV as far as I'm concerned. A group of people get really angry and then THEY BURN THEIR OWN FRIGGIN NEIGHBORHOOD DOWN. Such genius. I'm so happy these morons don't vote.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Kingofthesea wrote:Just another hysterical reality show on TV as far as I'm concerned. A group of people get really angry and then THEY BURN THEIR OWN FRIGGIN NEIGHBORHOOD DOWN. Such genius. I'm so happy these morons don't vote.

lmfao they do vote how do you think we got obama well not just them old hippies to
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Twice :auto:
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

This is my opinion and if I sound like a ass then be it,,, If for any reason you are a thug and you attack a police officer you need to be dead its that simple,,, I am white and I know when a officer approaches me in any way to be respectful and theres a good chance of walking away.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Why do these goons only come out at night....

Thelonereeler
Fisher

Post by Thelonereeler »

The government and it's war on drugs is the cause of this and many problems in society.
Experimenting with drugs is, and has been, human nature since the beginning of time much like prostitution.
These overlords of ours create rules against human nature and call them laws. Laws that are against human nature are surely to be broken and they know it. They have created a Giant Mafia called government, complete with a standing army called "SWAT". They seem to be prevalent on every street these days, shooting people's dogs or innocent bystanders.
Just wait til the war on guns gets underway full swing. It will make this drug war look like a walk through Disneyland.
They have killed more people and destroyed more lives with the drug war than any drug has ever caused.
ANARCHY!!!

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

goodolmikey wrote:This is my opinion and if I sound like a ass then be it,,, If for any reason you are a thug and you attack a police officer you need to be dead its that simple,,, I am white and I know when a officer approaches me in any way to be respectful and theres a good chance of walking away.
Same here, when I was younger my dad taught me to be respectful and submissive to the cops. He said you respond with yes/no sir/ma'am/officer to everything, never talk back to them, and if they tell you to do something then you do it with a purpose. He said they have too much power, and responsibility to deal with any bull crap. If you challenge them, you WILL LOSE!

I love seeing idiots on TV who refuse to get out of their car on a traffic stop or passengers who refuse to show their ID. They end up getting the taser, and then cry about police brutality.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

I wouldn't feel bad if the Air Force wanted to use Ferguson as a test ground for their newest carpet bomb.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

The guy should not have quit his job. His next one is a long way off. He was getting a pay check and is only responsible for showing up for work even if it will be a desk job.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Wolfy-hound
Fisher
Location: Northeast Florida, access to St Augustine and Jacksonville

Post by Wolfy-hound »

I don't think it's so simple.
Did the young man attack a police officer? I don't know. Some say yes, some say no.
Are the cops in Fergusen mostly racist and more likely to shoot a black person than a white person? I don't know, but my guess is yes. There's just way too much evidence on that for me to try to believe no.
Does this mean the cop was wrong to shoot the guy? No, not really. IF he attacked the cop, then he got shot and he brought it on himself.
The looters are not the people of Ferguson. The looters are SOME people in Ferguson. There's a lot of people living there who are good upstanding folks who just want to be able to walk down the street without a cop automatically assuming they're a drug dealer or murderer just because they're black. They're just as angry at the looters and violence as all the people watching.

The media is firebombing that town. When they show giant crowds of people walking to protest, and then cut away to a few people looting or throwing stuff, they make it look like every person in the town is an angry black rioter. They seem to care little about showing the people who go out and clean up the streets, even though they weren't the ones to trash them. They don't want to show white people standing with black people, denouncing the police. The media shows what sells and people who want to believe all black people are thugs and drug dealers seize on it to point and denounce everyone in the town.

In the end, everyone should remember that your skin color doesn't make you good or bad. Giant riots of white people breaking out because some game was won or lost, resulting in injuries and buildings being burned and looted happen and the news is mildly amused and everyone watches and smiles and goes "Oh look, aren't they foolish!" Giant riots of black people breaking out because they are angry that other black people are targeted and killed because of their skin color happen and the news paints them as evil, stupid looters who are tearing down their own town.

To me, it's not about one young man who got shot by a police officer. To a lot of residents, it's not about one young man that was shot on the street. It's the last straw, the spark that lights the bonfire that's been built for decades by the community and by the police. The same way that Rodney King protests were not over the one man being beaten nearly to death on film, but more about the constant repeats of the same type of treatment without the authorities caring that it happens. If the police came to your house and took your family away with no evidence, over and over, and if you even protested against it you or your family was beaten, at some point you're going to get angry and feel it's unfair. At some point, you're going to see a cop dragging a neighbor's kid out of their house and you're going to react, regardless as to whether that kid actually did something bad or not.

Human nature sucks. Until the people in this country relearn empathy for their fellow man, and stop painting the "us vs them" using skin color, politics, sex, orientation or religion, nothing is going to get better. It's not fair in this country that a poor homeless man can be beaten half to death by a cop for existing, but a rich man that murders someone gets ten years in a comfy prison and the cops never so much as handle him roughly. The country used to be about equal treatment, but more and more I just see people seizing on minor differences to say how one person is far above another. We're all people.

Long winded. Yep. But the last few weeks keep wearing on and the spite and hate spewed on all media fronts just has gotten old. On all sides. "All cops are pigs and should die" to "Blacks aren't worth anything" to "Conservatives vs liberals" and all the rest of the stupid junk that doesn't matter.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Blah blah blah. That cop did his job as he was taught. And that thug killed himself. Period. And IMO the world is better off without that garbage. Period

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

It sux what happened.. and unfortunate but that cop dude won;t be able to work in that field pretty much anywhere in the US... but he will probbaly do OK on the talk show curcuit and then there will be the book & movie deal

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

That's what I'm talking about. Mamas little baby

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

fldoowop
Seasoned Fisher

Post by fldoowop »

I must agree with almost every ones view of both Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
Both of them ultimately their death on themselves.

Ever since this crap with ISIL began during the summer, I've watched almost nothing at night, but CNN, MSNBC and FOX....yes, I even watch FOX :wink:
I also read several articles every day on the internet. Seems I spend a lot more time on the news than I used to.

When I say that I agree with ALMOST everyone, I do have a problem with police profiling many of the black people in this country.
I read an article about an hour ago that brought up the idea where Eric Garner was concerned, why did the cops not use MACE??
Maybe they did not have any?? :)
I know when the cop accused of using a choke hold took Garner down, the hold was not REALLY a choke hold. Although it DID turn into
a choke hold while he was wrestling with Garner.....would have been nice if he could have had the presence of mind to ease up on his hold on Garner.

Also, I've heard people talk about cops seeing black men as threats or criminals more quickly than when looking at a white or Latino male.
An article online right now talks about interviewing Black Cops off duty and being stopped by White Cops.
Several mental health studies show people in in general DO view black men as criminals more easily than white men.

Seems to me that it comes down to cities really need to re-train the police to see some people differently than they used too.
ALSO, the cities need to get some shrinks to test the potential cops to be sure they are not giving guns to people who are not mentally
ready to take on the really hard job of being a police officer.

Thank you for allowing me to ramble on a bit :nilly:
Someday I'll catch the big one.

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

I feel he was right in shooting him. If he was attacked. I also read something about how the place has so many white officers. The people were protesting that, but when looked into why there was hardly any black people who applied for the jobs and the ones that did were mostly hired. How can you protest that.
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Michael Brown and Eric Garner aren't the same.... Brown was a thug plain and simple> bum rushed a Cop> case closed.....

Garner case is a whole different thing and they had video and I'm sorry but losing your life for selling a pack of smokes....and for anyone to say that wasn't a choke hold is Full of chit..
IMO hot heads overruled on that day and talking was thrown out the window...LEO are people that make mistake and that's my problem with some cases...it never the fault of the LEO..
IMO LEO should be held accountable for their actions when it cause someone death... sometimes LEO are quick on the trigger finger and remember they are people.... and last time I
check "People" do make mistakes.... but for some reason LEO never make them... :roll: now don't come on here and jump on me.... I have family members in Law enforcement and have
made many friends over the yrs with LEO (fishing/military/fighting/shooting)..... and they have told me stories and I have seen LEOs get upset over the dumbest thing... again I'm talking
about being around them while working out with different things.... In other words I get to see the true nature of some people.... and again they are people No better> no worst>

Here's a better question> Should LEO be held to a higher degree then regular people?? I mean should they have more patience/understanding and insight to what regular people are
feeling?? IMHO I have always felt they should... but not all get the training and some are just thrown into it.....

Not all shooting are wrong but there are some that IMO should be question and people held accountable.... here's one in question> the 12yr who was shot in less than 2 seconds by a
cop who by all rights shouldn't have been a cop... this was the Cleveland shooting...In fact in officer Loehmann write ups..it was written that he didn't show the Maturity to work in Law
enforcement...and than it comes out that he should never have been hired with his history....

and again they had video on this shooting.... Officer Loehmann said he order the kid to put the weapon down "Three times" .... that doesn't hold water with anybody if you look at the
video...try yelling put the weapon down three times in 2 seconds :roll:

Again I'm not on a Hate band wagon on LEO... but IMO we should start asking question's and "People" held accountable for their action.... Nobody IMO should have a free pass
and I have known Great LEO and a handful of Dumbazz that imo should never have the right of power over others....... :pistols:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Respectfully that is a load of crap. Do you have any idea the world we would be living in without the police? Without the good and the bad cops and those Fergusen animals running through our streets?

A black thug robs a store and then attacks a police officer and gets exactly what he deserved. I didn't shed a damn tear. Weeks later two innocent family men sitting in their cruiser are assinated by another black thug. Here I'm heartbroken over the loss. Yesterday another black thug genius actually points a gun at another officer in Fergusen and it makes news after he's eliminated? That shouldn't be news it should be status quo.

Would any of you do that job? Everyday? And for what they get paid? Walk up to a cop today...any cop....shake his hand and thank him from the bottom of your heart for being there. That's what I've been doing this holiday season. Tell you support law enforcement. Always

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”