ferguson how do you feel ?

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: ferguson how do you feel ?

Post by fishnfool73 »

Yeah DRAGONFIRE they were held acountable it is called thew grand jury
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Ferguson was BS IMO and I said it.... the grand jury needs to be updated when they feel a choke hold is the way to end everything..... I have had a lot of heated debates with my
LEO friends over this..... its easy to say "Oh well the kid shouldn't have been playing with a air pistol that didn't have the stupid red tip on it"... do you guys realize... that I can go out
today to walmart and buy a pellet gun that doesn't have a stupid azz red tip on it... again I'm talking about the Cleveland shooting.... the NY event was bullchit and anyone on here can
say that the grand jury decided it wasn't a crime... but when the NY police department also state that choke holds were unlawful and the main person involved said that it led to his
death also said something against it.... again its BS!!! somebody should be held accountable ... NO BODY IS ABOVE THE LAW!!! BIG F@#$$%@# DEAL THAT YOU ARE A COP...
THE MILARY ISNT ABOVE THE LAW and when somebody breaks it they are held accountable..... I can state many cases where LEO were let off the hook for one reason or another :roll:
if the grand jury isn't going to do their job than others need to get involved.... the NY case is one of them and the polls and everything else out there have stated it....

I have never once stated that I hated LEO... and I more than likely know more leo than most here on the forum... ... read what I wrote before you comment :scold: .... anyone on here who
say all LEO are picture perfect are full of CHIT... before you even comment search and read.... again the Cleveland cop who shot the 12 yr kid DEAD.... should never had a gun... that
comes right front the department ........ the cop who put the choke hold in NY already had charges filed against him for doing the same thing before..

the supreme court is a joke when it comes to issue with LEO... here's one for you... LAPD > sixteen people died after being choked out by LAPD... almost all were ....psssss black man
look up Lyons case... who died for having a broken tail light.. :roll:

do any of you really know what a choke hold does to somebody??? .... please don't come back with what the grand jury will say...they have no freaking clue... the laws IMO are
set where certain people are above the law... and Kingofhtesea... if you want to thank anyone... thank the YOUNG men and women who have served oversea and Know they are
a freaking target for everybody...go shake their hand for what they have done for this country..... a lot more military have pay the price than anyone else in this freaking country...
I have respect for everybody.... but PLEASE don't put ANYONE above our military... they are on the FRONT LINE everyday.... and a lot more are killed or maimed than anybody
else.... just saying....

I didn't start this to point finger.... all I'm saying is that ALL LEO aren't perfect... and if they F$% up than they should be held accountable and for anyone to see the videos and say
OH well the Grand jury didn't feel they did something wrong.... than YOU my friend have a problem..... because no matter who YOU are... if you are WRONG!!!! than YOU should
be held accountable for it.... You guys keep saying well this person did that and that person did something.....hmmmmmmmmm is it me... or are LEO perfect and they do no
wrong.... answer that with a true heart.... and again I'm not saying they are all wrong.... but damn it man.... they can't be all right..... hell if that's the case than we all should be LEO
and never have to worry about our actions.... :pistols:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

All we need is COWBOY back now (tommy not one person here said cops are perfect
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

LOL.... the grand jury has set the bar that cops are perfect.... show me a few cases where cops where held accountable for their actions????

pssss I'll wait :roll: I can show you dozens of cases where LEO were let off the hook...... and even YOU would say WTF!!! ..... and again all I'm stating is
after so many cases..... and LEO getting a slap on the wrist... it does get old... lets see what happens with the Cleveland case.... oh by the way I haven't heard anyonemd saying a thing about that one...hmmmmmmmmm ..... The military are held accountable for their actions..... and that's the way it should be....

I will say this again...if you have a badge and have POWER over people than YOU should held accountable for ALL your actions.... YOU should be able to talk people down YOU should
be able to have more patience than the regular folks.... YOU should be able to take the time to resolve an issue without actions.... in other word YOU ask for this job and YOU should
be able to take more than the average person..... that's it in a nut shell.... if you get upset pretty easy with everyday life than YOU shouldn't be an LEO.... if You aren't held accountable
for your actions.... than YOU my friend will go on with life and do anything you want.... Again I have never ever stated that all LEO are perfect... but damn it man... when are we going
to see any LEO held accountable for their action.... go ahead and give me a few cases where LEO were in the wrong and the grand jury saw it that way.... eatpop
and LEO actually went to jail????? I never once said the job was easy.... but damn it... its still a job and if you believe YOU are above the law.... most see it that way.... than
that's the problem we are facing right now..... again don't come on here and twist my words around.... if you pull a gun on a cop and You get shot dead... than that's a good shoot
in my book.... if you rob a store early in the day than bum rush a cop and get shot dead.... than again that's a good shoot.... but when you shoot a 12yr kid dead in 2 seconds...or choke
out a man because he is selling smokes.... than I have problem with that.... and again the VIDEOS prove it.... no sane person can look at those videos and say> oh well the LEO was
in the right :nopity:

for once look at it with BOTH eyes open..... just saying.....LOL whatever happen to Cowboy... :mrgreen: he was a trick after all.... now don't get me wrong... I'm also a trick...LOL..
but that's the crown talking tonite :drunk:

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

There was a case in Pittsburgh a few yrs. ago where the grand jury went to trial about a cop incident.
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

fldoowop
Seasoned Fisher

Post by fldoowop »

OK DragonFire, here are the articles you wanted:
http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/ ... or-5-years
http://cumberlink.com/news/local/crime- ... 881ba.html
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-0 ... imore-cops
http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014 ... icket.html
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/02 ... n-suspect/
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /17445177/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-gods ... 21000.html
All cop who went to prison for one reason or another.

Dragon, there are many problems with law enforcement, and yes, those problems do need to be corrected.
But we all have our opinions. It sounds like you are very angry about some of the bad cops but we are not them so please calm down a little bit.
I never said the cop who shot the 12yr. old should go scott free. BUT, he may not be at fault, just was not completely honest about what really happened.
YES, he should never have been hired but is that his fault? The people who hired him DID NOT contact the place he worked before they hired him. IF they had, they would have
found out he was going to be let go before he quit to avoid being let go. ALSO, the cop driving the car pulled up much to close to the kid, if that the cops fault who did the shooting. He was put in a situation not of his choice. Maybe he did say to drop the weapon VERY, VERY quickly and the kid was scared so went to pull the toy from his belt to show it was a toy but things happened so fast.....
As for the cop in Staten Island. They DID try to talk to Eric Garner but if you listened to the video you will hear him tell the cops he was NOT willing to be arrested. The cops were called by a local store owner and they were asked to do something about Eric Garner taking away their business. The cops RESPONDED because that was their job. They tried talking to him and then told him he was being arrested for suspicion of selling "loosies". He resisted and they had no choice at that time but to use force. AGAIN, look at the video REAL CLOSE, you will the cop had his forearm UNDER GARNERS CHIN. When they were wrestling with him and when he finally went down, YES the cops are looked like it was then a choke hold. ALSO, Garner had a history of heart disease, asthma, was seriously obese, and had diabetes. He WAS NOT choked to death. He was alive when he was put in the ambulance. He died on the way to the hospital. Maybe you might want to blame the EMTs for not saving.....but the take down hold....I'm not really sure you can blame the cop for doing the job he was ordered to do. I also believe the police USED to be trained to take down a suspect the way the cop did but that method is no longer taught also it HAS NOT BEEN outlawed by the police dept. until now.

I remember a cop I believe in Calif. who was caught on video on the median of a freeway punching a woman in the head several times. Also, recently a plainclothes cop in NYC stepped in during other cops cuffing a suspect and punched the suspect twice. That cop is being investigated.

Cops are given the benefit of the doubt probably because there is SO MUCH crime in the U.S. and their job is so dangerous.
Ferguson is now rioting over another 18yr old who was shot and killed after possibly robbing a store and pulling a gun on a cop. I read someone said the cop could have maced the kid and not shot him. You point a gun at a cop and you MUST expect to get shot.

If you decide to reply to this, fine. We can talk, but try to talk calmly :salut:
Someday I'll catch the big one.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

You point a gun at a cop and you MUST expect to get shot.
Actually, if you let it get that far, you have failed. This does not just go for LEO, ANYONE you brandish a weapon at you can expect to get shot. I have seen countless dashboard videos of people pulling a gun at LEO, and most of the time (truly, like 90%+) LEO has waited on, or been reactionary to their draw.

Them rioting now when the perp CLEARLY meant harm is beyond me. It has nothing to do with color Goddammit, respect the law or face the consequences for your actions. Don't draw a weapon you don't mean to use without a shadow of a doubt. Hell, don't even make threatening or sudden movements, they are trained to plug you and in my humble opinion should, if you are being threatening or aggressive to them (within reason, there are many variables).

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

-Swordfish

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Fdoowop> it seems you have never heard the way I reply to folks... I don't believe in sugar coating "Anything" I say something the WAY I want to say not the way other feel they
need to hear it... if I step on your toes or hurt your feeling with my replies... OH WELL... again this is the internet.. but I talk this way face to face to people and You believe I'm ranting
or venting on cops :nopity: I will state this AGAIN... I known many LEO over the yrs have a bunch of family that are in Law enforcement... Hell my dad was a cop for god sakes and in
the islands, where being a cop alone can get you killed... I trained and have trained plenty of LEO over my lifetime.... so believe it or not but I do give a damn when a LEO goes down in
the line of duty.... but I also have seen the bad side of cops over the yrs of being with them on a friendly basic... We both agree there are many problems with LEO... but they also have
a chitty job that thru the yrs of listing to crap every year... tends to wear down on some to the point where chit happens...

Again when you have power over people> than YOU should be held to a higher standard to regular folks... Yes I also understand that kind of chitty... but its the life you chose... just like
when I hear people laugh over how dumb people are to go into the military.... that tick me off to no end... but I also understand that my brothers/sisters in arms who chose to go and fight
and die for something greater themselves... it was a choice we all make... But just like our military... they are held to a higher standard then others.... that's rules that govens all of us...

Again here's the problem we have.... when a life is taken... excuses shouldn't be thrown around... why?? again because when you have the power to take a life... than YOU should
be held to a higher standard than regular folks> but that isn't the case in most bad shoots... In the shooting of the 12yr kid blame can be thrown around... but like anything else in life
it comes down to "WHO" actually did the shooting and took the life...

in the Garner case... YOU sir are wrong... I have done a zillion different choke holds thru out my life... trained plenty of leo on it also...(how to avoid and how keep from being choke out
once it is put on).... I have looked at the video with a few friends who are still fighting... and I hate to tell you this... but from a "Fighter" point of view that is train in choke hold... we all
agree that it WAS a choke hold...Oh and go back and read the med report> An Autopsy by the "City's" Own medical examiner found that Mr. Garner's death was a homicide resulting
from the "Chokehold"...a Maneuver banned by the Police department in 1993..
Again...it was a minor offense where IMO people were too quick to act...and again IMO with all the LEO around him... once Garner started yelling he couldn't breath... the choke hold
should've been withdrawn.... it only takes seconds to make someone pass out and even seconds more to do real damage to someone if the hold is kept on any longer...

as for the Ferguson case... I have no freaking problem with what happen... You beat on a cop and than charge him... than You deserve what ever happens... IMO that was a good shoot
but!!! IMO I also feel that the department let. Darren Wilson down...

believe or not we agree on a lot of points.... I just feel that some people get bent out of shape when they go against what they believe... that's why its called a debate... we might not
agree on everything... but at least we talk it out and not burn down stores :scold: yes I said it...

I wish nothing but safe outing for all our Good LEOs out there... its a chitty low paying job... when I come on here I always make sure to look up "Fishnfool73" and make sure he is
talking/venting and putting folks in their place (me included) ....

It might not sound like it at times... but I have nothing but respect for our LEO like "Fishnfool73" and when I say my prayers at time I always take time to include those folks that put
themselves in harm way...

Please don't take my words to heart... I'm a old wore out Marine...who has a certain way of talking and at times it might rub folks the wrong way.... but at least you know where I stand
and I rather have someone tell me how they feel than to sugar coat things and smile to my face..... hey you have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year... :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

DragonFire wrote: in the islands, where being a cop alone can get you killed...
La Perla :(

fldoowop
Seasoned Fisher

Post by fldoowop »

@DragonFire, bullchit, you ain't got no idea what the heii you talkin bout~~~~~WAIT!!!!
a old wore out Marine?????

Maybe that's why we agree on many things concerning cops :cheers:

I served 64-67. So I be an old wore out Marine person meself :roll:

What the hell is an LEO. I've seen a lot of letter description of things but so far never came across LEO.

When I read a reply of yours a few entries back, it just seemed that you were very angry and :mad:
That's why I asked you to calm down. Did not want this thread to be closed because the discussion became too heated.

I have no idea who you trained but as I said, I've watched that video many times, listened to former cops on CNN etc and from what I saw, Panteleos arm was at first
under Garners chin attempting to pull him back and down. WHAT I DID NOT SEE was the cop kicking him behind the knee to buckle that knee which should have made
Garner fall to the ground.

OH WELL, guess we have to agree to disagree :nilly:

:patriot: :salut: That's me for saying over and out for now :cheers:
Someday I'll catch the big one.

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Law enforcement officer

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”