Race-baiting, a social experiment

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Race-baiting, a social experiment

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

After the whole Trayvon Martin shooting and now the Michael Brown shooting, the race-baiting and reverse racism is just disgusting to me. I'd like to see a social experiment where some city says a black teen was killed by a white cop. Within the hour Al Sharpton would be at the city hall along with the masses, holding signs and blocking the streets. Then, after a couple days let the city say they made a mistake and it was actually a black cop that shot the teen. I'd be willing to bet, 1/2 the crowd leaves, like "Michael who? I didn't even know him anyways, lets go home". Has there ever been a rally or protestors for a time where a black person killed a white person? If so, how many black people would attend? Who are the racists in this Michael Brown fiasco, when the crowd says they can't trust the cops, but then when they put a black cop in charge, they're high fiving the guy in the streets and hugging him. He's a cop, so what's different? Obviously, it's the skin color, cause it wasn't the cops these people don't trust, it's the WHITE cops. What pisses me off is when people are screaming racist and hate crime, but they're racist themselves. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Get off the streets and recycle your hand made sign.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Race-baiting, a social experiment

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

One thing I do find interesting, is how all of the protestors managed to get out of work at the same time so they can protest for 6 days. They must have all been banking their comp time, or had some floating holidays saved up for a time like this? :scratch:

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Or they are out of a job like a third of the county not counting those who do not even get counted anymore cuz they gave up.

This whole thing is a damn joke

I do not think this is about race. At least not for authority. It is more a introduction to the future. Behave and do as we say or eat some tear gas cuz the land of the free is done with
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

when is the last time you saw in the news about a black on white attack ?

i'll tell you it happens everyday
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Poseidon10/31 wrote: Obviously, it's the skin color, cause it wasn't the cops these people don't trust, it's the WHITE cops.
Hey, this is the reason why we need robocop ?

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

kblue wrote:
Poseidon10/31 wrote: Obviously, it's the skin color, cause it wasn't the cops these people don't trust, it's the WHITE cops.
Hey, this is the reason why we need robocop ?
robocops are programmed by white people to target black people, that would be the new excuse. :jocolor: :jocolor:

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

There are a lot of interesting things coming out of this whole Ferguson thing. I have friends there, from when I lived in Kansas City, who say that the rioters and looters don't come out en masse until around 9:00pm. Prior to that, it peaceful protesters for the most part. Watching some of the live feeds, I saw a lot of protesters shaming the looters and yelling at them for undermining their cause. As always though, the bad news will be what sells, so that's what we'll hear of most. That's not to demean the fact that the looters are a bunch of tools, but it's sad that they've taken the spotlight from those who are trying to do right by their community.

Another thing is the militarized police force. That's a cause for concern for me. Since 9/11, local police departments have received around $55,000,000,000 for military equipment ($5 billion in used supplies and $50 billion to buy their own). This was mostly due to the fact that we were in post-terrorism hysteria of a sort, and planning for terrorist assaults all over the place. That hasn't happened, but we have sections of police forces training for militant action and with military equipment. Without an enemy to use any of this against, we'll see instances like Ferguson whenever things get hairy. A faux-military abusing power, gassing media and acting like kids in a candy store. My buddy in the NYPD agreed with me in this case - the police response to Ferguson was over the top and likely only made things worse.

Of course, now the National Guard has been called in, so things will likely get even more interesting. I'm truly curious to see what happens. Public unrest in the U.S. has been fairly high for several years now. If the National Guard can't quell Ferguson, I wouldn't be surprised to see violent protests begin to crop up more frequently here.
Do the truffle shuffle!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Very well said, humanclaymore

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

Rare wrote:Very well said, humanclaymore
Thanks, Rare. I try not to get involved in political discussions much anymore, but I still pay attention as much as I can. This particular one really strikes me as one that has the potential to kick off a real revolt. I know by friends in Ferguson said they have media from all over the world there now, so this has passed beyond our borders. Outside of the Rodney King riots, it's the first time in my lifetime that I can recall a Citizens Vs. Authority conflict gaining worldwide attention from within our borders. I really want to pull up some of their broadcasts and find out if we're being portrayed in much the way we portray similar situations when they occur overseas. Our government will need to tread carefully here.

Then again, I tend to think in worst-case-scenario terms. 99% of the time, it never gets that far. Here's to hoping I'm wrong again :)
Do the truffle shuffle!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Its not about authority its about race same chit with that little punk tray

If you don't see that your blind
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

gruntking wrote:Its not about authority its about race same chit with that little punk tray

See, I'd argue the opposite. I believe it began about race, but after the response by police it became much more. Sure, people like Sharpton still like to go on about race, but, before the governor made them back off, most media was focused on the military-style action by police and the arrest/gassing of media personnel.
I'm not saying race is completely removed from it, or not still a part of it, but I think it's grown outside of just race. It's (d)evolved.
Do the truffle shuffle!

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

It is definitely a delicate issue. Sadly racism is still alive and well. I doubt it will ever entirely go away. That being said though, there is a lot of deep unrest in this country, just no organization. The United States is a powder Keg, waiting for a catalyst to ignite everything! That being said though, if you try to go for a cop's gun I FULLY expect him to shoot you dead where you stand, and I for one would have ZERO issues with this. Sadly it comes down to his word vs witnesses, and depending on a NUMBER of variables, they can be swayed towards being not so truthful.

Let's see how this develops and hope for the best. This is DEFINITELY a STUPID reason to have any more lives lost, and I think sending in the National Guard speaks a lot for how things have changed here. I think it is silly to keep telling ourselves that everything is the same and that everything will be ok. All changed September 11th, sadly we live in a very different world. Those who set out to change it have in fact succeeded. :cry: :cry: :cry:

-Swordfish

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I'm so proud of myself for resisting getting involved in this thread. You can see from a mile away that this thread is definitely going to blow up and whenever Tommy has to intervene around here with rogue threads somehow my a$$ is always involved. lol
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

HumanClaymore wrote:
gruntking wrote:Its not about authority its about race same chit with that little punk tray

See, I'd argue the opposite. I believe it began about race, but after the response by police it became much more. Sure, people like Sharpton still like to go on about race, but, before the governor made them back off, most media was focused on the military-style action by police and the arrest/gassing of media personnel.
I'm not saying race is completely removed from it, or not still a part of it, but I think it's grown outside of just race. It's (d)evolved.

what the hell are the police sapose to do stand infront of them with peace signs saying please go home seriously you have to be kidding me

business owners are having to sit in there stores all night with guns to make sure those scumbags dont go and ruin what they have worked so hard for

so please tell me how the police are wrong for arresting people and shooting gas into the crowds ?
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

1960's

hell they even gassed the occupy wallstreet aholes and they were peaceful
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

the police sure are wrong i mean seriously why would they have to shoot gas into a crowd ?

YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Kingofthesea wrote:I'm so proud of myself for resisting getting involved in this thread.
I think you just broke down. :jocolor: :nilly: :uplol:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Hey, Grunt...Check out the video..... :ying:

http://ordinary-gentlemen.com/blog/2013 ... y-protests

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

Right, but you'll notice the lack of ARs and ACV in those photos.
If a situation is too out of control for regular cops with regular cop gear to deal with, then it should go to the National Guard (which this finally has). The NG is trained for this much better than a police force - as evidenced by the gassing of peaceful OWS rallies, the pepperspraying of peaceful kids at UC Davis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4), etc...Really, police forces across the country have a horrible track record of maintaining peace when they're outnumbered.

Keep in mind, I'm not anti-authoritarian. As I mentioned in my first reply, I have friends that are cops, and much respect for the job they do - but I also recognize the limits of their training. I mean, in Ferguson, the governor put them in time out. They were going too far there. If the media hadn't been present, imagine how far it could have gone. I do not believe our police forces need to be militarized for any reason.

This is all just my opinion, of course. I'm more than happy to discuss as long as we all stay cool. After all, I need your fishing tips more than I need to argue my point :P
Do the truffle shuffle!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

im not going to hate you for the way you think bro
HumanClaymore wrote:Right, but you'll notice the lack of ARs and ACV in those photos.
If a situation is too out of control for regular cops with regular cop gear to deal with, then it should go to the National Guard (which this finally has). The NG is trained for this much better than a police force - as evidenced by the gassing of peaceful OWS rallies, the pepperspraying of peaceful kids at UC Davis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4), etc...Really, police forces across the country have a horrible track record of maintaining peace when they're outnumbered.

Keep in mind, I'm not anti-authoritarian. As I mentioned in my first reply, I have friends that are cops, and much respect for the job they do - but I also recognize the limits of their training. I mean, in Ferguson, the governor put them in time out. They were going too far there. If the media hadn't been present, imagine how far it could have gone. I do not believe our police forces need to be militarized for any reason.

This is all just my opinion, of course. I'm more than happy to discuss as long as we all stay cool. After all, I need your fishing tips more than I need to argue my point :P
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

the police should have been out there on horseback clubbing people like seals
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

gruntking wrote:im not going to hate you for the way you think bro
Cool. I'm still somewhat of a newcomer here, so I don't have a real feel for everyone yet. I've seen political discussions get way out of hand on other forums. It's the main reason I don't usually engage in them now.
That said, I find it healthy to disagree sometimes. How else can we learn to see the other side of an argument? For the record, I agree with you fully on the rioters. They're scum, and I hope they're all brought to justice. I think it's important to differentiate between the protesters and the looters here though. If you watch any of the live feeds during the riots, you'll see the protesters being very disheartened and, in some cases, downright angry at the looters. It's kind of like going to a party with 100 people and 10 of them get in a fistfight. It'll undermine the good time the other 90 were having due to the actions of a few.

Rare, I think you and I think along similar lines. My parents were at some of those protests. Their firsthand accounts were unreal. I've often wondered if they clashed with our friend in NYPD and didn't even know it...
Do the truffle shuffle!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

HumanClaymore wrote: Rare, I think you and I think along similar lines. My parents were at some of those protests. Their firsthand accounts were unreal. I've often wondered if they clashed with our friend in NYPD and didn't even know it...
KOTS, is laughing right now.....I know you are. My point was more on GK view. Are we to call this white on white crime? I do see your view as well. Now, let say the crowd dominating on wall street at the time were blacks and not white....what would the outcome be of this?

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

Then we'd call it The Million Man March instead of OWS? :jocolor:

Seriously though, that's a good question.
Do the truffle shuffle!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

dont you think its a little bit bs that everytime something happens that has to do with a person of color everyone starts crying and runs to the streets ?

rodney king

then for months all we heard was no my baby didnt mean to do it lionel tate

but then as soon as that innocent little boy came out what happend

yep you guessed it he went right back in

then we had the sweet innocent little trayvon if only the news would have put out the whole story

hell after the trayvon crap how many attacks did we see of young blacks attacking innocent whites i mean just look at the bs at the fair

did you hear about anyone being charged with a hate crime ? hell we had the knock out gAME ALL KIND OF BS THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPEND
Last edited by gruntking on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Martin goes to the convenience store, buys some Skittles. Unfortunately, he was wearing a hoody that night.

Brown goes to the convenience store, bullies the store-owner and steals cigars. Perhaps he thought he could bully a cop too?

Very different cases.

Just going by what I've seen in the media, along with a little common sense.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Wait for it

They do not get a grip on this and they do not change their approach this will pop up everywhere.

The fuse is lit. It is just a long one.
IMO the popo has no biz in being militarized like fighting Taliban and road side bombs.

Look you show up all force you think that will calm people down? Then you have instigators running the whole thing down. Like mentioned in one of the above post 10 outta 100 act up and the 90 get gased yet the 10 get away.

This is way more than just race.
There were no deescalation tactics at all at least in the first days then these New Panther chit shows up and the FBI snitch Sharpton. All just to boil it up a little more.

There is so much poop going on in Ferguson the real reason is long lost and now it is just another escalation. Just another blame game. Just another reason to push people back in their homes. You see reporters getting rubber shot and gased and their camera equipment nicely packed up for them and then you know where the first amendment is at.

In the dump.

The looters should have been dealt with different but the regular protesters should be allowed to do what they need to do otherwise pack up the bill of rights and the whole darn constitution and call the country asllama bumbad
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

but what reason was there to even protest ?
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Same old thing GK

One party as usual in the victim role the other as usual in the I am God role

Mix in some dumba$$ looters and some protestors that are frustrated and some black panther stuff paired with snitch and some souped up cops and you got a recipe for some heat
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

police that get killed every year

Line of Duty Deaths: 67

By Month
January: 9
February: 4
March: 13