ObamaCare Flop

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Re: ObamaCare Flop

Post by goodolmikey »

I have a pre-existing condition,,,, I have found that under obamacare they cant refuse me insurance,,,, BUT!!!!! when I called to find out about it they told me that coverage will be 527.00 a month... who can afford that? thats just b.s.... sure they cant refuse you but they can make the rate so high you cant afford it so whats the friggin difference? the only difference is if I dont take the plan I will be fined. this is just plain ol' b.s

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

strizile wrote:There you go. Gonna hit me the same. Tick smoker or tick pre existing and you are effed up. Affordable care my a$$
im in the hole 1000 dollars a month for insurance for my family. they just dropped my wife to part time so shes now going on my plan.
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

strizile wrote:Phill thats exactly what I am saying. Sorry to hear that but it is just like it will happen to millions. Now just wait another 2 days when they cut foodstamps by $36 for a fam. Equals 16 meals that are out the door. This is gonna stink for a lot of people that really need it. The rip offs who cares but those are the first ones to loot your local Walmart.

Coming to your theater near you.
it suxs. im 100% commission and I love how they tell me how much money im going to make so I have to pay a higher rate. either I pay uncle sam or I pay for the elder people in my insurance pool either way health care in this country is horrible. I would sooner taker my son to the walk in clinic and pay out of pocket but I cant with his medical history. than I would get taxed. also with them cutting her to part time its less money coming in. more bills less money the American dream at its finest
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

rare wrote:
gdm phil wrote:they just dropped my wife to part time so shes now going on my plan.
Is she looking for anything else? If not, it wouldn't hurt to start testing the waters now.
shes been on the hunt for a few months now. hopefully one of these pharmacy reps will have something avail for her soon
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

It is very scary gentlemen...

-swordfish

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

on a side note I start my new position at work as kia service manager monday. who knows what my insurance is going to go up to
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

goodolmikey wrote:I have a pre-existing condition,,,, I have found that under obamacare they cant refuse me insurance,,,, BUT!!!!! when I called to find out about it they told me that coverage will be 527.00 a month... who can afford that? thats just b.s.... sure they cant refuse you but they can make the rate so high you cant afford it so whats the friggin difference? the only difference is if I dont take the plan I will be fined. this is just plain ol' b.s
I'd be happy with $527.00 a month, and am all for affordable healthcare. As some know I had serious heart surgery about a year ago, The bills were over $750,000.00 and mostly paid by insurance. Worked for a company for 24+ years and was laid off right after returning to work. The surgery fixed my heart enough to keep me alive but not 100%, not even 50%. When I got laid off I went on COBRA which allows me ot buy the same coverage the company offered me, but not at the same rate. So I went from coverage subsidized by my employer for many years and pre-taxed dolars from my paycheck, never really worried about it, ubt like every other employee bitched every time the paychekc deductable went up, even though it was less than $500.00 a month.
Cobra was an eye opener, the same coverage from the same insurance company cost me $1850.00 per month.
Started shopping for other alternatives, as I have several doctors appointments as continuous care for the heart problems.... "sorry pre-existing conditions not covered" or worse "sorry no you are not insurable"

MPO is Obamacare as most Republicans call it, Affordable Health Care is a needed evil in this country. The cost are out of control, until you need it you just can't imagine how much it cost to get medical help. Why is it so expensive, drug research, doctors salaries, mal-practice insurance, uninsured patients who can't or don't pay, insurance companies overhead, and the legal system including lawyers salaries... plus a few others ?

How would non believers attack and solve the problem ?

Its sad how many people jump on a band wagon and start pointing fingers, when they really have no clue.

I come from a software/hardware development background and can't tell you how many products I've seen developed and pushed out before they are fully ready for release and flop when shortly after.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

HAHA so now Ill not only STILL not be able to afford Healthcare but Ill now OWE the IRS on top of it as well... Land of the free... yeah, if you are rich maybe...

-swordfish

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

swordfish wrote:HAHA so now Ill not only STILL not be able to afford Healthcare but Ill now OWE the IRS on top of it as well... Land of the free... yeah, if you are rich maybe...

-swordfish
you could relocate to communist n. korea

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

strizile wrote:Only 6 signed up via the website LMAO

Well at least now they got Google and Red Hat and others on board to fix that thing.

Aint gonna change the $$ problem but hey
Is that 6 people who actually got a quote and purchased medical insurance coverage, or signed up to have a login/account to the site ?
If its seriously only 6 signed up I feel very lucky as I signed up and have an account without a problem... have not requested quotes yet, but a friend I know has and she got some reasonable quotes that would save her about 30% over what she pays today for very similar coverage.

Can't solve the $ spent problem, maybe can sue them and after they go in protect mode Chapter 7 or 11 and settle for 10 cents on the dollar and get less after the attorneys get their cut, so add few million more $$, and Google & Oracle will probably out-source the actual work to India, and maybe fix the problem.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

YAY! Im getting a BOAT! Wait, what? :bounce: :bounce: :roll: Funny though. It is said that writers use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to hide them.

-swordfish

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Jetty, our of curiosity, where do you think we'd be if Obama was not the one up there... Just for giggles... You really believe we'd be any better with ANYONE else up there? Enlighten me, as I take no sides, they are all equally worthless to me.

-swordfish

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Just give cookinman/ Anthony Bertorelli a PM or an Email. He does insurance for a living. There is so much deliberate misinformation information out there, you really need to talk to an expert. Anthony is just about as sharp as they come. I've read the ACA and I'd still pick Anthony's brain on this one. See the ACA/ob care, may have been written by government, but private insurance companies make up the pool. All the website really was designed to do, was hook people up with private insurers and in some cases alter the price based on income, age, and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. Basically it was supposed to figure any subsidies or provisions you were eligible for. When some member of the OB brain trust decided to change that after it had been designed, contractors should have at that point told the admin IN WRITING, they simply could not stand behind any product altered this close to launch! Without adequate testing, we have no way to predict or patch problems until they occur.

Next is, The administration should have left well enough alone! OB or not, someone decided they needed registration #'s. That motivated the change. OB had full control of that. I will say the IT companies share a huge part of the blame here, but political fears and decisions made because of purely political reasons are at the heart of all the problems with OB care.

Dems are dead if this actually fails! What's frigging hilarious, is republicans are dead if it works. It's their plan but, they have spent so much time and money demonizing it, they can never take credit for any part of it. Especially after the repeals and the shutdown. One thing I'm waiting to see is how prices are effected as more people sign up. Actuaries across the board are unanimous they'll drop, but opinions vary as to how much.

Republicans don't fear its failure, they're terrified of its success! If they hate it so much and are so certain it's going to fail, as every single one of them are on record as having said, why do anything? Why not say it'll never work, wait for it to fail, and take back Washington lock stock and barrel.

In terms of parties, democrats just pulled the pin on what republicans want you to believe is the hand grenade of OB care. So if your opponent pulls the pin on a live grenade, Do You A. Step back and watch, B. Tell them, BAD IDEA, then step back and watch, or C. Fight em for the grenade?
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”