Edward Snowden: Old News?!!?

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Edward Snowden: Old News?!!?

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that the government has been monitoring everyones social media, phone calls, emails, etc ever since we gave away those rights under the Patriot Act following 9/11. There have been several whistle blowers since then that have discussed government actions on this topic. What is it that Snowden has revealed that isn't already known, that all of a sudden warrants treason? Are they just choosing him as a scapegoat?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Edward Snowden: Old News?!!?

Post by crashmister »

This is actually the 3rd or 4th installment on outrage. I know libs had a few hissy fits then OB got in and outrage kind of got shelved. Then came Rand Paul and his filibuster. Still didn't get a rise out of anyone really, then justice gloms a bunch o API phone records, that was like kicking a sleeping bear in the balls. Along comes "Patriot" Ed Snowden who leaked classified NSA information, everybody already knew. My research on this douche bag is this is the ground work for his book. The one he expects to write and make millions from. Because that's the kind of guy he appears to be. I have no clue what else he has or had access to. My problem with this "Patriot" every country he's run to in his search for political asylum, aren't exactly our "friends", and he will have to give up something before he's granted asylum anywhere.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”