?

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Re: ?

Post by BEOWULF »

I was "profiled" by a "cop wannabe" in front of a Publix recently. I'm a white guy, but was just heading home from the pier, so my clothes looked nasty and had a couple of blood stains. I stood in front of Publix, watching my gear while the girlfriend shopped, and this idiot starts grilling me on why I'm standing there?

Well, I went to the manager, and the b-itch had to apologize.

uplumb
Fisher

Post by uplumb »

The shooting is not a racial issue. Jettypark articulated my point better that I could have. Without question, when faced with bodily harm deadly force is warranted. This is not a crime. Setting the stage for unfavorable outcomes is a crime. Zimmerman should have stayed in his car and "watched" his neighborhood. TM would still be alive and GZ would have been free to profile to his hearts content

How many of us if stopped by an ordinary citizen and asked, "Who are you" or "Where are you going", would not encourage said citizen to pound sand. Years ago while waiting for a connecting Greyhound bus, two undercover officers asked to search my bag. Two twenty somethings sitting in front of me had just finished expressing how nervous they were about taking the bus with such a large amount of drugs. The cops walked past them and choose to search my bag instead. I consented to the search on the condition that the tell me what made my bag more suspicious than the hundreds of other bags in the bus station. They just said over and over again they were just doing their "job". What was their job?

The people who carry signs and such want to know what made TM suspicious. They are asking, if TM was white, would GZ have gotten out of the car. This is the racial issue. I wonder what people are defending when the defend this shadow of a man

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

jettypark28 wrote:I believe the MAIN rule is to NEVER engage
anyone and to wait for LEO to arrive... NOT to take matter into their own hands
....and I do agree with you> if someone is beating the crap out of you
then you should be allowed to defense yourself.. but who to say that the Zman didn't
start it??
That's just the point, Jetty....we don't know who engaged who, or who started it. You may believe GZ started it while the next person may believe TM started it. It's just assumptions from both sides, because no one really knows for sure except GZ. The bottom line here is that the evidence from the trial showed that GZ was getting the crap beat out of him so he had the right to defend himself....and beings none of us know who threw the first punch, I'm not going to be the one to condemn him! He may or may not have been the one to start it....and if he was, then he will have to answer to a "higher power" later!

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

jettypark28 wrote:As it stands right now> You can go out "Pick" a fight... and if your azz is getting whooped you have the "RIGHT" to shoot the person to death... because you were in fear of your life.....
Yep, that about sums it up.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

jettypark28 wrote: ..IMO if he had shown TM his gun and yell
for him to back off.. TM would've run.. but then again the Zman would never had gotten
out of his car if he wasn't carrying....
One of the cardinal rules about carrying a concealed firearm is you NEVER use it to try to gain leverage on a situation or threaten someone. Doing that opens yourself up to a littany of charges, and is liable to get you killed. The only time that gun should be drawn is if you are going to shoot to kill. That is one of the points that is drilled home in a good concealed weapons class...

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

I keep seeing people on TV saying the jury sided with GZ because the were mostly (5 out of 6) white. That in itself is racial profiling. If you are ignorant enough to claim the jury threw the case to side with a 1/2 white defendant, then put down your "justice for Trayvon" sign and walk into oncoming traffic. It pisses me off that people can be so outraged claiming that Trayvon was racially profiled and then say any white person standing by the not guilty verdict is only doing so because they're white. Talk about double standards.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Poseidon, it has always been with us, double standards that is... I doubt it will ever change. I am praying that they leave the law as is, it is bad enough already that they wanted to control the magazine size etc. Although I do not think any legislation would pass, it still worries me. Yes the law allows you to do just that... However, believe you me that it deters a lot of violent crime. Criminals are not the smartest of people usually, however they know that anyone could be packing, and they could pick the wrong "victim".

Look at it this way, contrary to popular belief, in the "wild west" crime was relatively low, because EVERYONE was packing. There still were murders and people still did steal, however, knowing that everyone was packing kept most people in check. As always, my .02 cents as a responsible gun owner.

-swordfish

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

You didn't say that GZ should have told TM he was carrying, you said he should have showed him his gun. That is unlawful display of a firearm, which is a misdemeanor. There have also been many people charged with aggravated assault, for brandishing or threatening someone with a gun.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

jettypark28 wrote:Strange person is following you (no badge/uniform) then person gets out of his truck..
again you have NO idea what he is up too... (add to the mix that you are only a kid)
You come from the street and you know how easy it is to get shot... so you react a
certain way...

(and again we don't know what the hell happen/ for all we know the Zman started the
whole mess and then once he started to get a beat down... he shot the kid)
and he has proven to be a liar, but the Jury believe him :roll:

again a broken nose and a little blood on the back of the head IMO doesn't mean chit.. I
have seen a lot worst and everybody live to talk about it.. and as far as two live ruined..
one person is DEAD.... last I check its better to be alive then dead no matter what life you
got... and it seems like the Zman is now going to Sue NBC and end up with a good amount
of money... yea his life is ruined alright :roll:

and again I don't give a flying Chit about color> be it white/black or Spanish... this IMO
was about a person who decided to take the law into his own hands... then when it
backfired on him... and he ended killing somebody, he use the law on his side... lets not
forget he and his lawyers were trying for "Stand Your Ground" then jump off that ship
pretty quit when they found out they would lose that one...

That's what doesn't make any sense to me> You can't use Stand your ground... but Fl
allows you to use self defense and you walk free... but shoot at somebody who has
harm you in the pass and a Jury give you 20 freaking yrs :mad: :mad: ....
and it only took 12 min to decide that.... WT@$#
its enough to make your head spin... :nilly:

i get people following me everytime i go out snook fishing even tho you can clearly see im fishing people still come up to me asking what the hell im doing n why im doing it here

if i attacked every fishing that came up to me for no reason i would always be fighting

at the end of the day the lil sithead was in the wrong
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”