VIEW ALL NEW POSTS HERE - Click Here


Smart Kid

  [ View new posts ]

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"

Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Nobody start our usual thread so why don't I start one as fishing has been so bad lately.

An American teenager asked a US senator directly to his face if he’d stop accepting money from the National Rifle Association after the latest horrific school shooting. The senator waffled, so the young man asked the question again, and again, until eventually the senator provided a tepid half-answer.

The audience of 7,000, and the millions more watching the exchange live on TV, had seen everything they needed to see: a dramatic, telling, vital example of American democracy, broadcast in realtime for the world.


This is from https://qz.com/1208660/everything-sturm-ruger-rgr-says-consumers-want-in-their-ar-15/
Honestly, I want to have AR-15 too. It is a good looking gun.
But, I am guessing there will be no other market except for US consumers for this old gun. I am sure no military will take.
This may be typical dilema to gun makers. The whole consumer-gun industry is in hand of US politicians as there is no other consumer market outside of US.
Maybe some (not all) causes of problems are politicians who take advantage of ( or are entertaining) this unique dilema...

Just my thought. What do I know... Nothing.... :drunk: lol
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Thelonereeler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:23 am

This is not the only country to have private gun ownership... https://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2015 ... ate-hands/
User avatar
Thelonereeler
Fisher
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

that's right. I remember one of parkistanis at work told me in Parkistan, poeple bringing AK47 to wedding reception and shooting out to sky for celebration :auto: :jester: .

Anyway, I may not be so off if I predict there will be another mass shooting within next 3 month somewhere in US with weapon of choice involving AR-15.
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:11 am

Parkland dad with Trump

User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Green Tide » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 am

Guns don’t kill

Are you familiar with the promise program that Obama put in place in and Broward County accepted it they were paying the school district money not to report bad kids this kid is been in trouble no less than 39 times but because Obama was paying the county money they did not report itt. now 17 people are dead.
Perhaps you also remember the policy of giving guns to criminals that ended up killing our countries people including law enforcement. great pass the buck leadership
Image

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!
User avatar
Green Tide
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:52 pm
Location: Monroe County wannabe

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Green Tide wrote:Guns don’t kill


Bullets kill... lol
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Laz1287 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Sorry kblue, but I totally disagree with what you're trying to sell here.

This tragedy happened because too many people dropped the ball. From the FBI not following up, to the officers on scene not running in to kill the kid during his rampage.

Keep blaming the weapon, if that makes you feel better.

These kind of incidents didn't happen anywhere near as often when I was a kid. You know why? Because back then we weren't concerned about hurting other people's feelings. Something needed to get done, we did it. None of this political correct nonsense that we're being fed nowadays. We're raising a nation of pussies imho.
Laz1287
Fisher
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:44 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Thanks for your response.

I have some factors I observed. Correct them if incorrect as I am not subject matter expert.

1. The most of the blame must go to Nikolas Cruz, the shooter himself. I am sure all agree. He is just a bad guy.
2. The probablility of the existence of a bad guy like Nikolas Cruz is equal everywhere either US or non-US. I am sure most agree.
3. The probability of mass shooting occurrence is highest in US compared to outside of US. This is just fact.
4. More good guys with a gun also may also cause more bad guys with a gun. Perhaps 3 tells that more good guys with a gun somehow results in far more bad guys with guns ( we are outgun by bad guys...lol).

These factors point there is somethng different in US compared to non US. Perhaps it can be more narrowed to gun policy.
When it comes to gun policy, there is somehing fundamentally different in US,which is 2nd amendament that is part of US history
With having said that, who make gun policy out of 2nd amendament? Politicians.

So I want to blame politicians (not NRA) 2nd most after the shooter... I start to believe they sort of tranformed 2nd Amendament into some kind of "profit sharing" model...their integrity compromised.
The goal of gun makers is to sell most guns and there is nothing wrong with it. The gun owners want to keep their guns... I am sure there may be a policy that makes all happy.
The problem is that it may not be the interest of law makers. This smart kid challenged to break this conflitc of interest...

Here is some exmaples of fuck-up politician with their own purpose.
Parkland dad says we have no right to bring our own water bottle into airplane. But 18 year old kid has the right of buying .223 caliber semi-automatic rifle at Oscar mayer's.
The gun seller told CNN 18 year old kid has right to buy AR15 but has no right to buy handgun until he gets 21 year old...
bump stocks is legal while full-automatic rifle is illegal.
I am sure there are more...

Here is perhaps one more.
.223 or Nato 5.56mm like small-diameter bullet deals far more demage than other bigger bullets. As the ballistic science of these bullets in terms of velocity and diameter is specially designed to damage humane tissue most. It basically travels air with good ballistic stability and straight line due to light weight. But its stabilty get lost immediately when it penetrates human body; the bullet rotates in a big unstable circle, which results in much bigger hole perhaps in scale of several ten times than its diameter if it penetrates. Bigger bullet like 9mm doesn't lose much its stabilty when it penetrates body so that it can just go through... This may be one of reason Nato 5.56mm is most popular in western militaries for assualt rifles and more deadly than 7.62mm used by AK47...When it hits human body, the chance of kiling it is very high... a couple of bullets may be enough... I personally believe there has to be some reasoanale restrcition on rifles using this kind of ballistic science behind. Perhaps, this 18 year old kid chose AR15 becasue that was only gun he could buy legally (and ironically, it was one of most deadly gun available in civilian consumer market) . But the last vegas shooter chose AR15 while he may have many other choices.


:toast: :pistols: :auto: :drunk:
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Green Tide » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:02 am

I agree with your ballistics information the 223 very flat shooting is the exact reason that was my weapon of choice while deer hunting I don’t want to lose that option because of some crazy people. Next choice 243
Not AAR but Remington 700 bolt action
Image

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!
User avatar
Green Tide
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:52 pm
Location: Monroe County wannabe

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Laz1287 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:55 pm

kblue wrote:Thanks for your response.


3. The probability of mass shooting occurrence is highest in US compared to outside of US. This is just fact.
4. More good guys with a gun also may also cause more bad guys with a gun. Perhaps 3 tells that more good guys with a gun somehow results in far more bad guys with guns ( we are outgun by bad guys...lol).


:toast: :pistols: :auto: :drunk:


3) This is a fact according to who? Our media? Lmao! Take a trip to Mexico some time and talk to the locals. Mass shootings are much more common there. But we don't hear about them because our media has an agenda they are trying to sell. And let's not forget the entire continent of Africa or Asia that we get little to no news reported on.

4) Bad guys, as you call them, will ALWAYS have gun regardless of whatever laws we pass. Because criminals do NOT care about the laws. Did you know that you can buy a gun, at any age, on the street with cash in most metropolitan areas? Stricter gun laws mostly hurt those that want to get a gun legally. Not saying we don't need some common sense legislation that prevents people with mental issues or criminal records from owning guns legally. But it is proven that higher gun ownership = lower violent crime rate. Hell, the gun ownership percentage here in the states is the highest it's ever been in the last century, and the overall crime rate has gone down in that same time span. And what's even funnier, is that the cities with the most restrictions on gun ownership are also the ones with the highest crime rates. And yet again, our news media never mentions that.

So google all the data you wish. But keep in mind, that the information we're given is usually a half truth one way or another. Never believe anything you see on tv OR anything you read online.
Laz1287
Fisher
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:44 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Rare » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Laz1287 wrote: OR anything you read online.



Sorry, sah! I don't believe you!
Image
User avatar
Rare
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Miami_Chris » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:02 pm

It's got to be about balance. Guns aren't going anywhere, but America has changed. The morals and psyche of kids these days is nowhere near those who grew up 20 years ago (and before). Laws need to adapt with the times, and poop like high capacity clips, suppressors, bump stocks, and most gun accessories need to be addressed. On top of that, they need to actually enforce the laws that are on the books already. How about ban 3rd party sales? Things are clearly messed up, and its going to take compromise. It won't happen though. See you guys in another couple months when people get shot up again :mad:
Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:25 am
Location: miiiiiiami

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Laz1287 wrote:
kblue wrote:Thanks for your response.


3. The probability of mass shooting occurrence is highest in US compared to outside of US. This is just fact.
4. More good guys with a gun also may also cause more bad guys with a gun. Perhaps 3 tells that more good guys with a gun somehow results in far more bad guys with guns ( we are outgun by bad guys...lol).


:toast: :pistols: :auto: :drunk:


3) This is a fact according to who? Our media? Lmao! Take a trip to Mexico some time and talk to the locals. Mass shootings are much more common there. But we don't hear about them because our media has an agenda they are trying to sell. And let's not forget the entire continent of Africa or Asia that we get little to no news reported on.

4) Bad guys, as you call them, will ALWAYS have gun regardless of whatever laws we pass. Because criminals do NOT care about the laws. Did you know that you can buy a gun, at any age, on the street with cash in most metropolitan areas? Stricter gun laws mostly hurt those that want to get a gun legally. Not saying we don't need some common sense legislation that prevents people with mental issues or criminal records from owning guns legally. But it is proven that higher gun ownership = lower violent crime rate. Hell, the gun ownership percentage here in the states is the highest it's ever been in the last century, and the overall crime rate has gone down in that same time span. And what's even funnier, is that the cities with the most restrictions on gun ownership are also the ones with the highest crime rates. And yet again, our news media never mentions that.

So google all the data you wish. But keep in mind, that the information we're given is usually a half truth one way or another. Never believe anything you see on tv OR anything you read online.


Thanks for the response. You are making this thread alive!!!

First, I am not saying gun has to be banned here...Just make sure I am not crossing THE LINE.... And even if I said so, it really doesn't mean anything becasue I am not law maker. I am interested in what is really happening here without biased view by pro-gun or anti-gun. Both sides have some BS becasue they want to push their belief.

Anyway, we need to compare apple to apple (not grunt to pichard)...

Let me add some boundary condition on my 3. The probability of school mass shooting occurrence is highest in US compared to countries outside of US that have similar living standard to US. Now could you please allow me to say this is just fact ?.'

Regarding crime, what would be a probability of A and B
A) people may commit a crime if they know no police will arrest them.
B) people may commit a crime if they know the potential "victim (or target)" has no gun.

I am just asking this becasue I am wondering what the cop is contirbuting to the equation of higher gun ownership = lower violent crime rate., the famous pro gun theory.
How do you prove that this is not bran wash by gun makers who just want to sell more guns?
Also,low crime rate is not same as feeling safe. If every counry has Nuke, then probably the chace of nuclear war is low as long as every country is ready to press button...lol

Regarding poach, what would be a probability of A and B
A) people may keep out-of-seaon 30LB grouper if they know for sure, no FWC will find them.
B) people may keep out-of-seaon 30LB grouper if they know for sure, next fisherman don't say anything about it.

google what happened to public safety or security during winter Olympic 2018 when there is very low gun ownership compared to prevsious olympics.
This may provide some objective observation.

Laz1287 wrote:So google all the data you wish. But keep in mind, that the information we're given is usually a half truth one way or another. Never believe anything you see on tv OR anything you read online.

anything except for your post I am reading online now :wink: lol
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Green Tide » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:00 pm

kblue wrote:
Laz1287 wrote:
kblue wrote:Thanks for your response.


3. The probability of mass shooting occurrence is highest in US compared to outside of US. This is just fact.
4. More good guys with a gun also may also cause more bad guys with a gun. Perhaps 3 tells that more good guys with a gun somehow results in far more bad guys with guns ( we are outgun by bad guys...lol).


:toast: :pistols: :auto: :drunk:


3) This is a fact according to who? Our media? Lmao! Take a trip to Mexico some time and talk to the locals. Mass shootings are much more common there. But we don't hear about them because our media has an agenda they are trying to sell. And let's not forget the entire continent of Africa or Asia that we get little to no news reported on.

4) Bad guys, as you call them, will ALWAYS have gun regardless of whatever laws we pass. Because criminals do NOT care about the laws. Did you know that you can buy a gun, at any age, on the street with cash in most metropolitan areas? Stricter gun laws mostly hurt those that want to get a gun legally. Not saying we don't need some common sense legislation that prevents people with mental issues or criminal records from owning guns legally. But it is proven that higher gun ownership = lower violent crime rate. Hell, the gun ownership percentage here in the states is the highest it's ever been in the last century, and the overall crime rate has gone down in that same time span. And what's even funnier, is that the cities with the most restrictions on gun ownership are also the ones with the highest crime rates. And yet again, our news media never mentions that.

So google all the data you wish. But keep in mind, that the information we're given is usually a half truth one way or another. Never believe anything you see on tv OR anything you read online.


Thanks for the response. You are making this thread alive!!!

First, I am not saying gun has to be banned here...Just make sure I am not crossing THE LINE.... And even if I said so, it really doesn't mean anything becasue I am not law maker. I am interested in what is really happening here without biased view by pro-gun or anti-gun. Both sides have some BS becasue they want to push their belief.

Anyway, we need to compare apple to apple (not grunt to pichard)...

Let me add some boundary condition on my 3. The probability of school mass shooting occurrence is highest in US compared to countries outside of US that have similar living standard to US. Now could you please allow me to say this is just fact ?.'

Regarding crime, what would be a probability of A and B
A) people may commit a crime if they know no police will arrest them.
B) people may commit a crime if they know the potential "victim (or target)" has no gun.

I am just asking this becasue I am wondering what the cop is contirbuting to the equation of higher gun ownership = lower violent crime rate., the famous pro gun theory.
How do you prove that this is not bran wash by gun makers who just want to sell more guns?
Also,low crime rate is not same as feeling safe. If every counry has Nuke, then probably the chace of nuclear war is low as long as every country is ready to press button...lol

Regarding poach, what would be a probability of A and B
A) people may keep out-of-seaon 30LB grouper if they know for sure, no FWC will find them.
B) people may keep out-of-seaon 30LB grouper if they know for sure, next fisherman don't say anything about it.

google what happened to public safety or security during winter Olympic 2018 when there is very low gun ownership compared to prevsious olympics.
This may provide some objective observation.

Laz1287 wrote:So google all the data you wish. But keep in mind, that the information we're given is usually a half truth one way or another. Never believe anything you see on tv OR anything you read online.

anything except for your post I am reading online now :wink: lol


Pat, is that you :shock:
Image

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!
User avatar
Green Tide
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:52 pm
Location: Monroe County wannabe

Re: Smart Kid

Postby clarence2society » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:26 pm

stay out of my gun safe!!
and dont F with my rights or the constitution. it was written that way for a reason...

this is a problem a huge problem with society not our right to bear arms.
User avatar
clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Davie

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:48 pm

clarence2society wrote:stay out of my gun safe!!
and dont F with my rights or the constitution. it was written that way for a reason...


lol... nobody trying to take your gun away nor F with your right but you have to be banned from permit fishing for everyone's benefit...

As parents who have kids going to school and seeing dramas that kids are going through over social media, I would like to see seim-auto like AR-15 using .223 not to be sold to 18 yr kid...
Kid should play with toy gun.
Good news is D!ck's and Walmart don't give F about the stingy constitution and are doing this after Parkland shooting.

Green Tide wrote:Pat, is that you :shock:


Pat wrote:John, yes it's me. I will post when I am done with writing :biglaugh:
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby clarence2society » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:09 am

so no semi autos for 18 yr olds.. i guess we send the 18 yr olds off to fight wars with toy guns too cause they are 18 ???:)

and no permit fishin for me for awhile:) break time
User avatar
clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Davie

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 pm

clarence2society wrote:so no semi autos for 18 yr olds.. i guess we send the 18 yr olds off to fight wars with toy guns too cause they are 18 ???:)


I am so sorry to inform you that it is now illegal to sell guns to 18 year old kid like alcohol Florida State... it has to be 21 year old.
You know this has nothing to do with me... Only thing I did was I started a "hostile" thread in boatless forum to piss off all... except for Pat... Where the hell are you Pat?

Of course, NRA sued FL state, which is the job description of their employed internal attorneys.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-florida-gun-law-20180312-htmlstory.html

Believe or not,NRA even sued my video game PUBG to change three gun limit because it violates 2nd amendament in the name of law aviding citizen.
http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/nra-sues-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-unconstitutional-three-gun-carry-limit/
Honestly, for this, I want NRA to win so that I can carry as many guns as I want when I play this game.

clarence2society wrote: no permit fishin for me for awhile:) break time

Sound like good decision :cheers: :toast: :auto:
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Rare » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Your trolling skills are in need of a lot work. Speaking of trolling, I did so a few weeks back in the nice weather and all my freaking rigs were getting slammed. I know that you are thinking that's a good thing, but unfortunately it was not. They were all "Blue Fish." On the shotgun rigger, I had a strike, but he was too smart to take it.

Also, I am in need of help in making chicken rigs. If you are on the Yankee Capt.'s and the time come to use if needed, ya can make me a few & I will be very grateful. Thanks!
Image
User avatar
Rare
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Well, I don’t need to defend this thread anymore.

I say that’s BS artist...you hungryjack
You don’t even know your best art work...when somene caught a big mangrove snapper
I am mssing feaking KOTs... just windering who that big shotgun rig for...
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby Rare » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Maybe 1 of these I will understand what the hell you are talking about on your last reply. Until then...Stay "hungry" my friend. (tommy

As for Pat. He is kind of working with Whitefish right now as a specialist consultant with them. Yeah, you heard right and I gave him hell for that!

As for the BS- KOT PM'ed him or I will drop you his number... eatpop
Image
User avatar
Rare
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby kblue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:12 pm

cubera
User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Smart Kid

Postby clarence2society » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:54 am

i know the rules in fl blue:) and haha to the trolling skills.... you know i love ya man!!!


when you comin to fish guys wtf
User avatar
clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Davie


Return to Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests