Hammer and Lemon Report

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
frentals
KING MACKEREL

Hammer and Lemon Report

Post by frentals »

These are the last two nice fish we caught, this summer and probably the last for 2015. I usually don't like to shark fish after August and let the shark rods collect dust till March, when the big boys are around. Brook, Ryan and I have caught and released many nice sharks this year and we have found a nice chemistry between the three of us, that is vital in this sport. These fish were caught 3 days before the full moon and we fished the nights leading up to the moon after with, nothing to show. Hope you guys enjoy as i know this forum goes pretty quite during this time of year.

I caught this little Greater Hammerhead and it came in so green as we try to fish as heavy drag as possible to allow the fish to have as much energy as possible during the release process. We were able to cut the hook in half with bolt cutters and remove the other end of the hook with pliers. After a few quick pics and Brook videoing we released it back into the water. Video of the little hammer below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9CRWqdvia0
An hour later we got my girlfriend Brook hooked up and in the harness, with a Lemon shark. Hook was removed and released as usual. ImageImage
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: Hammer and Lemon Report

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Nice Sharkeys :toast: :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bob733
Fisher

Post by bob733 »

Great video and great sportsmanship to let them live for another day.
I subscribed to your channel.
Bob

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Nice Sharkeys :toast: :toast:
Thanks Tommy!
bob733 wrote:Great video and great sportsmanship to let them live for another day.
I subscribed to your channel.
Bob
Thanks for the Sub! Thats what the sport is all about. The older U get the more i appreciate those 2 min you have with the fish on the beach, all the hours of getting bait, kayaking out, and silent nights make up for it when you get to experience something very few have or ever will. There is something very primal about getting in the water with what most people fear and i love it. Hopefully with the exposure of the channel and videos we can relay the message of shark conservation and show people this sport can be practiced safely and responsibly.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Nice Job :toast: :toast: :toast:

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice catch guys! :toast:

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

awesome catches guys! Ive been a subscriber to your channel for awhile now, my buddy and I have been skunked on our most recent shark outings but its always an awesome feeling hauling in a big shark, usually around winter time is when I catch big sandbars and lemons, I also recently got into the shark tagging program.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

chris21 wrote:awesome catches guys! Ive been a subscriber to your channel for awhile now, my buddy and I have been skunked on our most recent shark outings but its always an awesome feeling hauling in a big shark, usually around winter time is when I catch big sandbars and lemons, I also recently got into the shark tagging program.
chris21 wrote:awesome catches guys! Ive been a subscriber to your channel for awhile now, my buddy and I have been skunked on our most recent shark outings but its always an awesome feeling hauling in a big shark, usually around winter time is when I catch big sandbars and lemons, I also recently got into the shark tagging program.
Thanks for the Sub! It's a great sport I wish you luck and be warned it is very addicting.

Return to “Shark'in Reports”