All time favorite , sharking trips .

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
Sandy Feet
Weekend Warrior

All time favorite , sharking trips .

Post by Sandy Feet »

Thought it might make for good reading , if we started a thread dedicated to our favorite sharking experiences . Not necessarily related to our biggest fish , but those trips that just stand out in our memories . Write them up with lots of detail , to make it an interesting read on a cold rainy day . I'll chuck in , the first one , to get it started .

Sandy Feet
Weekend Warrior

Re: All time favorite , sharking trips .

Post by Sandy Feet »

Three years ago , I drove from my home in northern Georgia , to Carrabelle Florida , halfway out on the Fla. panhandle . I met up with my brother-in-law , who has an old beat up fish camp , on St Georges sound . Before I unloaded the truck , I quick like , dug out my surf rod , and put a small pinfish out to catch some shark bait . Having walked back to shore , from the end of his 65 ft. dock , I went back to unloading my truck . It didn't take a half hour , and I had a nice Hardhead cat , that went on my shark rod . Having put the bait out , I went about rigging a long extension cord, that was to give us light on the dock . I was standing on the beach , untangling last years mess , when my rod folded over , and the line peeled out . By the time I harnessed up and got my rod a hundred yds. of line had left my reel . The fish had fouled my line on something , or so I thought , as all movement and activity had stopped . I pulled , till I thought my 80 lb line was about to break . Still nothing . I was standing there for 2 or 3 minutes , with the rod loaded up , when I finally felt a kick , and another 25 yds. of line went out . At least now I knew that the fish was still there . No more movement , for another 5 minutes , then a little movement , and I was able to get a little line back on the reel . It went like this for an additional half hour . Surely this must be a big ray .I made the hookup at 8:10 pm .and it was now starting to get dark . Another 10 minutes and the fish was about 25 yds from the end of the dock . Time for me to back towards the beach , and get the fish away from the dock . Complete darkness , now , and all we were able to come up with was 2 flashlights with weak batteries .
Denny walked into the water , as I worked the fish to the beach . To our surprise , it was a 7 ft. Bull , hooked at the base of its tail .
Denny managed to beach it , at 9:00 PM. Not the biggest fish , in my life , but one of the hardest fights 50 minutes of tug of war .

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Cool. Tail hooked fish fight the hardest, and a bull too, that must have been tough.

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

Had a shark bait on my 14/0 at long big hammer came in the slick (11'9") ate the permit head I set up and he went straight out and to
The left took about 250-300 yards on forst run while rubbing on power poles with locked drag it popped... 5 days later I was fishing ch 5 round 6 am my shark rod goes off after a 2 hour battle I get the her up and down and walk her to the wall and to my surprise it was the hammer it had my hook wire and 300 yards of 150 ... Was an awesome experience and I'm glad I got to get both hooks out and let her go on about her business... It was a pretty cool experience for me that that same fish traveled that far and I hooked her again.

Return to “Shark'in Reports”