Wedensday 7/1/10

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Wedensday 7/1/10

Post by snookslayer08 »

Went to the pier in the morning to try to catch some bonies for bait later on when Kyle got back from georgia. Ended up swiming a cuda on the brand new 9/0 and got the itch to hit the beach again after getting cut on the reef two nights earlier. Started getting bonies given to me and made up my mind. Called up ryan and two of the younger pier rats richie and matt and told them we're hitting the beach tonight for sharks. Ended up getting 3 bonies a cuda and a 20lb ray. Got to the beach around 6 and startecd dropping baits. Richie was first to hook up a small tip got him in under 5min ryan got the leader I tail ropped him circle hook right in the corner of the mouth. Got the hook out no problem and let him go. after that I paddled half the ray out on the 9/0 to maybe 10yrds short of the reef. No sooner than i turn around to head back to the beach and everyone's yelling at me to paddle faster cause something ate the wing tip. I get back to the beach and see ryan leaning on the fish, I get handed the rod and it's game on after a few short runs at the sandbar and running up and down the beach 15min later a little 6ft hammer is in the trough I hand therod back to ryan to get the tail rope on the little girl which isn't easy with a green as can be pissed off hammer. got it to cinch down on the 3rd try. Eneded up cutting the wire since the hooked didn't want to come out easily and I didn't want richie or the shark to get hurt sbapped some quick picks and after reving her for a good 5min she swam off strong which was nice to see. Ended up witha gummy and anopther tiop to end the night around 9 with no bait left and getting chewed up by no-see-ums. It was a gret way to break in the new rod and although not the biggest hammer it's not only my first shark besides a tip off the beach but my first hammer.
hammerhead 7110.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Nick

snookabogus

Re: Wedensday 7/1/10

Post by snookabogus »

dam nice job out there. cool pic too :toast:

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

snookabuser wrote:dam nice job out there. cool pic too :toast:
Thanks, deffinatly a night I won't forget for awhile
-Nick

C-MONEY

Post by C-MONEY »

Spelt wednesday wrong. And were still waiting for that night. Had a good hookup on long key but got cut off :evil:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

Nice hammer! Great job.
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

hey now It's half my shark.
I got the hook in and ran 80 yards down the beach with the rod. that hammer decided to go twoards the beach the down the trough.
Any ways Nick you did alright on that shark.

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

That is our shark ryan, thanks guys!
-Nick

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

Nice fish guys, congrats
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

bullbusters
Weekend Warrior

Post by bullbusters »

Nice Hammer
http://www.facebook.com/Bullbuster.mono ... shing.line
https://plus.google.com/107013063084498996341

Bullbuster USA Fishing Line - Premium brand direct fishing lines (50% off retail pricing).

Blacktip Hunter
KING MACKEREL

Post by Blacktip Hunter »

Nice hammer, congrats! :cheers:
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

Visit us online: http://blacktiphfishing.org

Return to “Shark'in Reports”