more FWC Shark Public Workshops

This is for Shark info, Tagging , How tos, baits of choice, etc.
skee
Seasoned Fisher

more FWC Shark Public Workshops

Post by skee »

The FWC is also holding public workshops to solicit comment on possible changes to the rules regulating sharks in Florida waters. Specifically, the FWC will gather public comments on adding hammerhead and tiger sharks to the list of prohibited species. The Commission also will be gathering comments on requiring circle hooks and regulations that would limit the practice of chumming when fishing for sharks from shore.

The FWC invites interested people to attend these workshops, which are from 6 to 8 p.m. as follows:

Monday, June 20
Brevard Agricultural Center
3695 Lake Drive
Cocoa, FL 32926

Tuesday, June 21
IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004

Wednesday, June 22
Harvey Government Center
1200 Truman Avenue
Key West, FL 33040

Thursday, June 23
Terrace Building Room 1001, 10th Floor
101 S. Washington Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34236

Tuesday, June 28
Destin Community Center
101 Stahlman Ave.
Destin, FL 32541

Thursday, June 30
St. Johns County Auditorium
4020 Lewis Speedway
St. Augustine, FL 32095

The FWC also will hold call-in phone workshops for those not able to attend the in-person seatrout or shark workshops. The call-in workshop for sharks will be Thursday, July 7, from 6 to 8 p.m. EDT (5-7 p.m. CDT). The call-in workshop on spotted seatrout will be Tuesday, July 12, from 6 to 8 p.m. EDT (5-7 p.m. CDT). Please contact the FWC at 850-487-0554 to register for either one of the call-in workshops.

Anyone requiring special accommodations to participate in the workshops should advise the FWC at least five days prior to the workshop by calling 850-488-6411. If you are hearing- or speech-impaired, please contact the FWC using the Florida Relay Service at 800-955-8771 (TDD) or 800-955-8770 (voice).

For more information on the upcoming workshops and the FWC's management of spotted seatrout and sharks, go to MyFWC.com/Rules and select "Fishing - Saltwater Regulations."

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Re: more FWC Shark Public Workshops

Post by Username28 »

skee wrote:The FWC is also holding public workshops to solicit comment on possible changes to the rules regulating sharks in Florida waters. Specifically, the FWC will gather public comments on adding hammerhead and tiger sharks to the list of prohibited species. The Commission also will be gathering comments on requiring circle hooks and regulations that would limit the practice of chumming when fishing for sharks from shore.

The FWC invites interested people to attend these workshops, which are from 6 to 8 p.m. as follows:

Monday, June 20
Brevard Agricultural Center
3695 Lake Drive
Cocoa, FL 32926

Tuesday, June 21
IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004

Wednesday, June 22
Harvey Government Center
1200 Truman Avenue
Key West, FL 33040

Thursday, June 23
Terrace Building Room 1001, 10th Floor
101 S. Washington Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34236

Tuesday, June 28
Destin Community Center
101 Stahlman Ave.
Destin, FL 32541

Thursday, June 30
St. Johns County Auditorium
4020 Lewis Speedway
St. Augustine, FL 32095

The FWC also will hold call-in phone workshops for those not able to attend the in-person seatrout or shark workshops. The call-in workshop for sharks will be Thursday, July 7, from 6 to 8 p.m. EDT (5-7 p.m. CDT). The call-in workshop on spotted seatrout will be Tuesday, July 12, from 6 to 8 p.m. EDT (5-7 p.m. CDT). Please contact the FWC at 850-487-0554 to register for either one of the call-in workshops.

Anyone requiring special accommodations to participate in the workshops should advise the FWC at least five days prior to the workshop by calling 850-488-6411. If you are hearing- or speech-impaired, please contact the FWC using the Florida Relay Service at 800-955-8771 (TDD) or 800-955-8770 (voice).

For more information on the upcoming workshops and the FWC's management of spotted seatrout and sharks, go to MyFWC.com/Rules and select "Fishing - Saltwater Regulations."
Great, there goes more of our fishing down the tubes! :mad: :mad: The government in action again! eatpop eatpop
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

reelemin
KING MACKEREL

Post by reelemin »

im all about it.. it will keep the commercial guys from killing more then they already do..as for me i dont chumm nor do i kill sharks so its a win for the sharks :cheers:

and i can still catch them!!
http://barrettrods.com/

builder of high performance custom fishing rods

skyzdalymit71
Weekend Warrior

Post by skyzdalymit71 »

I agree you can still catch them and it protects them commercially and they can get bigger. We can get that monster we are all looking for. :D :D :D :D
FISHING ANY TIME, ANY PLACE, ANY CHANCE I GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skyzdalymit71
Weekend Warrior

Post by skyzdalymit71 »

Im also going on tuesday.

skyzdalymit71
Weekend Warrior

Post by skyzdalymit71 »

AnyOne going to the fwc workshop in Dania Tuesday if so let me know I'm going willl meet up

reelemin
KING MACKEREL

Post by reelemin »

wish i was closer.. let us know how it goes..
http://barrettrods.com/

builder of high performance custom fishing rods

Return to “Shark'in Info”