ponte vedra surf fishing help

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

ponte vedra surf fishing help

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Am from South FL and will be staying near the beach in Ponte Vedra for a couple days at the end of May (near sawgrass drive east if that means anything to you). Should I expect to catch anything this time of year up there -- I have no local knowledge? Unless I hear otherwise I'd plan on tossing a double or triple hook chicken rig with pyramid sinker and frozen clam, sand flea, or fresh sand flea if they are around. My first trip there I attempted surf fishing for the first time, but did so in the middle of the day and only for about a half hour with live sand fleas and a half hour tossing an xrap. Had one bight on a flea, but no hook ups. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

This time around I plan to try to get out early mornings for fishing vs. middle of the day. Are any tides best?

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”