Anastasia and Vilano 10/15-16

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
jledebur
Fisher

Anastasia and Vilano 10/15-16

Post by jledebur »

My wife and I hit Anastasia State Park last Saturday and landed 2 slot blues (15" and 17") in the surf and a nice 2 lb channel cat in the inlet. Everything was caught on salted mullet bites late in the day (4:30 - dusk). Had better luck on Sunday north of Vilano - between the two of us we landed 5 more slot blues (15 - 18") and two more cats (1.5 and 2 lbs). Most of them caught on mullet bites again, but my wife caught a couple on squid strips. Wish we had some crab knuckles - there were reds jumping in the surf and in the inlet both days. Also caught my limit of finger mullet both days, so we're stocked for easy bait for a while.
Redhawk
Need some new fishing-inspired clothing or gear?
Check out these great items designed by my
fishing buddy (aka, my beautiful wife):
http://www.cafepress.com/d_luciousd_sign/s_fishing

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: Anastasia and Vilano 10/15-16

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the report, :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

gbrandner
Fisher

Re: Anastasia and Vilano 10/15-16

Post by gbrandner »

Bluefish were biting on Vilano beach yesterday on frozen mullet. Surf too rough for the castnet.
Gene

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”