Best pier/bridge in St. Augustine?

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
hhager23
Fisher

Best pier/bridge in St. Augustine?

Post by hhager23 »

I will be in the St. Augustine area next weekend and I was hoping someone had suggestions for a good saltwater pier or bridge. Suggestions for bait would also be appreciated. Thanks!

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Re: Best pier/bridge in St. Augustine?

Post by shos260288 »

The St. Aug. pier is good at times. I also would recommend Matanzas Inlet as well. You can fish from the bridge or the surf there, best at the tide changes however for the current can rip there. Good luck!
Fish Crazy

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Best pier/bridge in St. Augustine?

Post by fishnfool73 »

There really isn't. That pier is shallow and holds whiting sheepshead and drum generally. Ponce Inlet has produced some nice catches for me this time of year snook redfish jacks ladyfish bluefish and mackerel.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”