Surf caught Giant Seabass from California!

This area is for reports from non listed areas, If you will be doing reports and particapating, I will gladly make sure your area is listed, Just ask for it.
Ken+
Old Salt

Surf caught Giant Seabass from California!

Post by Ken+ »

Hi everyone, just want to share these two amazing catches by my friends Latimeria and mai tai.

My friend "Latimeria" from SoCalSurfFishing caught this 100+lb Giant Seabass from San Diego a couple of days ago (Apr 17, 2012). I thought I'd share this here.

Now...if you think this was a fluke, last year (Nov 8, 2011), "mai tai" from the same forum was fishing with "Latimeria" in the same area and "mai tai" caught one about the same size.

These fish are protected fish in California so they were quickly releases following pictures. Tom and Steve regularly catch big leopard sharks and bat ray from San Diego, and sometimes they will bump into some other big game such as these Giant Seabass, Soupfin Shark and Seven Gill Shark.

That's bloody cool! It's like catching 100lb Goliath Grouper from the sand!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: Surf caught Giant Seabass from California!

Post by gruntking »

thats pretty cool but man idk if just me or what but damn that first pic looks photoshoped
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Ken+
Old Salt

Post by Ken+ »

gruntking wrote:thats pretty cool but man idk if just me or what but damn that first pic looks photoshoped
Photoshop'd, but not what you think. Tom removed the background the protect the innocent (ie...the seabass). They don't want the bucketeers overrunning their spot...especially people who would just keep everything regardless of seasons, limits, or in this case endangered species.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

That is a very very nice fish. I know he was very happy when he caught it and released it.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

KEN has one of those new auto protect your spot cameras. It automatically blurs out any and all distinguishing background features. :thumright:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “U.S.A. ???????”