RULES OF USE

fishman
Site Admin

RULES OF USE

Post by fishman »

Hello
It is simple, be Nice no matter how crazy the questions or answers are. You may debate or disagree with others just not in a way that demeans them in any way. I like to be opinionated myself if I believe I am right, but I also like to give people their space for their opinions. Sometimes they are right and if you don't listen you will never know. If you think something is crap and you can't express yourself in a constructive way do not say anything at all.

Zero Tolerance for Small Minded People!

Suggested use for these categories in the forum:

Make your Titles clear concise and dated where it would be most helpful like report area, etc.

Boatless Fishing Help is for questions on shorebound fishing.

Chatter Area this is for fishing discussion or questions.

Fishing Report areas these are for fishing reports not questions or at least limited questions.

I may move or delete posts in incorrect categorys, I am just trying to keep it organized and clear of clutter so we can reference some of this info in the future. In most cases we try not to delete anything.

Thats about it, Thanks and I hope that this forum with its Open Dialogue works so we may benefit from each other's Knowledge.
the Boatless Fisherman ..... Tom

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Re: RULES OF USE

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Lets remember that many people come here to learn stuff about fishing and that is what this site is about lets help people to learn and fish better and at the same time they will learn the laws, about conservation and so on.

I know I have seen a lot of people change over 8 years since starting this site and a better fisherman on our shores, yes I know that the bad ones stand out but none the less it is better from what I see every day on the pier more and more seem to know the regs and understand that we do need management of our waters.

Lets try to have patience and tolerance.

also why is it, a post trashing someone gets more views and replys than a post saying hello I am new to the Forum and just wanted to say hello and thanks for all you guys have posted here.

This type of post is genuine and giving all of us a complement but we tend to not reply----JUST MAKES YOU SAY Hmmmmmmmm

"Anyways I'm Just Saying "
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Surfcaster
Fisher

Post by Surfcaster »

Thanks for all of you're hard work. While I don't post as often as others, I follow whenever I can and enjoy this website...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:
also why is it, a post trashing someone gets more views and replys than a post saying hello I am new to the Forum and just wanted to say hello and thanks for all you guys have posted here."Anyways I'm Just Saying "

Most of the news guys that post "hello" post a few more times & that is the end of that and guess is why i gave up on that hello threads....On a side note; All new members here need to fit right on in and join the conversation going on. They also have to make an effort in fitting in with us and us as well with the,. A great example is "King of the Sea" (Richard) I never knew the man, but he went out of his way to fit in. At the BBQ was the first time i met him & the rest is history. This is the same for new guys on the block Peter, Chris, etc...that took it upon themselves to fit right on it and well went out fishing. This is part of the formula & there is more to it.

Now, I dont post hi to all members but thats just me...hell i will have a post count to rival my last account. I will add the missing ingredient to the formula & will start saying hello to new members. Does it count if in my signature i can put ""Hello welcome to boatless fishing forum?" :jester:

HooknSnook7
Fisher

Post by HooknSnook7 »

Hello, I'm the new guy!! LOL.No seriously I am.I had to do it sorry. :D

HooknSnook7
Fisher

Post by HooknSnook7 »

Being my second post, forgive me if I seem out of line. I am not trying to be a jerk or anything here, just some friendly food for thought. I personally believe that the newcomer is the fuel that makes the fire burn bright. I may be new to this site, however, I am not new to fishing these waters. Been in sw fl since 1974 and fishing seriously for about 25 years .I am confident in saying have a wealth of knowledge and experience on many aspects of fishing this area. If we really think about it, was not the second member the (new guy or girl)? Are we not ALL the new person at many turns in the path of our lives? Welcome the newcomer with open arms and they may open up and shine beams of,experience, strength and hope into our hearts and minds. I subscribe to many positive affirmations, I say to myself on a daily basis such as,,Today's the day! Never, ever give up! Ever.Go the extra mile. Do 1 random act of kindness everyday. Love the unloved. Lifes like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. :D

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Here is my food for thought.... I like many other long term members help many out there via PM or when we see them fishing; either they know us or we might know them from the forums.

Just cause these members don't post out in the open forum for their own reasons , doesn't mean they don't help. I'm one that doesn't need a pat on the back or high fives on the forum on what I've done or who i have helped. Others might and feel great, i feel awesome that i dont need it.

The few that know me well knows the things i have done behind closed doors and not here on the forum. This is just me talking and how i roll and a few others.

For me, NEW members will get my respect if you listen and put in your time. When you catch the fish you are after on your own it's the greatest feeling. The members get sick when the same question is be asked and same answer is given over and over. That's when members get the way they get. Also, when new members get cocky, and now feels as if they know you and can hang with you like that.

The fuel the burns in this site are the old members here helping if they feel they want too. The added fuel are the new members coming in.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Very well said Sir Rare

Same here.

I do not post to much of trips or this n that and have lately not fished that much.

I have learned unreal amount of knowledge tips n ticks n stuff and I pass on via PM or mostly in person.

Other than that back pats n stuff is just to sticky gunk for me. Seeing a report with a guy or gal landing a fish they got because they listened is much more rewarding.

And other than that what he said
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Post by mike j »

Mike j Thursday September 21 I guess that stuff before me is the spam I was reading about its all over the site.

Return to “SHOREBOUND SHARK TOURNEY PRESENTED BY ???????????????”