Place to buy live bait.

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Place to buy live bait.

Post by phillybass »

I was browsing the web and found this site for live and frozen bait. Usually I wouldn't post a site that sells stuff like this but the prices seemed decent. some people can't get out to get live crabs and they usually charge a fortune in the bait shop for them and this site sells them pretty cheap live. http://www.mariculturetechnology.com/ba ... tm#Fiddler
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Re: Place to buy live bait.

Post by Moose »

phillybass wrote:I was browsing the web and found this site for live and frozen bait. Usually I wouldn't post a site that sells stuff like this but the prices seemed decent. some people can't get out to get live crabs and they usually charge a fortune in the bait shop for them and this site sells them pretty cheap live. http://www.mariculturetechnology.com/ba ... tm#Fiddler
gandara marine.....$1 crabs (not fiddler) and $1/dozen shrimp....call ahead and see if they have crabs because they dont always

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

Ty for the info. I just seen this place has crabs at $3 a dozen
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

phillybass wrote:Ty for the info. I just seen this place has crabs at $3 a dozen
yea. that's a great deal actually...for fiddlers..these crabs are small silver dollar blues..we dont really use fiddlers too much in south dade...the sheeps eat shrimp here (thank god)

but i havent found live shrimp cheaper than this place,,,,,$1 dozen on the weekedns and 0.85/ dozen weekdays..and there are atlead 1-2dz hand picks in there if you get alot. they take care of repeat customers very well

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Gandara don't have crabs I check this week .ill check tmarrow again .ill post here

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I check the web site http://www.mariculturetechnology.com/ba ... tm#Fiddler

They ship live bait fish over FeDEX ground. It is live bait!!!
The web site says They are durable and can survive up to two days in the shipping container. That means that one day is used by DHL to ship it to your door by 3 pm and the second day is used for transporting the bait to your favorite fishing spot.
Once the box and bag is opened then you will have to add aeration or put the baits in a live well.

How do they do this??? Maybe hibernate them?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Crabs are easier to keep alive than shrimp and the other baits they sell :scratch: are nothing I've heard of before...that's why crabs are the only decent live bait they selling lol but their prices seem good for frozen. If I could get live shrimp shipped :dude: that would be awesome!

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

permitchaser wrote:Gandara don't have crabs I check this week .ill check tmarrow again .ill post here
they havent had the last couple time i have gone...dont know if its a winter thing

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Fiddler crabs are harder to get during the winter. It's really easy when it's summer.

Takes more work to get them during winter and not as many.

saltydoug
Weekend Warrior

Post by saltydoug »

One of the guys I met on the Boynton Beach Jetty was using fiddler crabs purchased from there. They didn't seem to be as lively as fresh caught ones but they were still kicking and he caught at least one sheepshead off em.
Paying dues; two cents at a time.

Return to “Bait Bucket”