Pin fish miami

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
lasthope
Old Salt

Pin fish miami

Post by lasthope »

Any spots in the miami area good for pinfish? ... And any recommended DIY traps since today mine got stolen while I had it out. Or is the gold hook method better?

Rare
SHARKER

Re: Pin fish miami

Post by Rare »

Gold hooks/sabiki-Key Biscayne

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

[quote="Rare"]Gold hooks/sabiki-Key Biscayne[/quote

And squid :fish:

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

As always you guys are the best , thank you.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

permitchaser wrote:
Rare wrote:Gold hooks/sabiki-Key Biscayne[/quote

Good job. Permit chaser.

Rare has purposely telling only 50% and keep 50% in his pocket.
He still didn't tell me about that shell sea creature that permit loves.
I am not even asking his SS#, credit card #, and bank account # :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

My oh My! It seems we need to interrogate this permit chaser. Bleh I had no luck today for permit with blue crab. Had a mutton run me 200 yards on my spinning tho.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

You've got that wrong.

Permitchaser is on our side.
Rare is the one we have to interrogate. My gut tells me he got a lot of useful info that we don't know about.

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

kblue wrote:You've got that wrong.

Permitchaser is on our side.
Rare is the one we have to interrogate. My gut tells me he got a lot of useful info that we don't know about.
Miss read , but yes indeed rare is the one that needs interrogation. (The wonders of speed reading , how embarassing sorry permit !)

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Rare already did gave all the info you needed kblue it was a big post with more details than I would have have wrote.He put everything on a silver platter. You should have gone to the bbq amigo lol .I don't fish with people I don't know , make sure you have a hoop net don't cut or pop the line from the bridge put in the time, last time I went I didn't catch one.Every time you go fishing take a few crabs and wait for the magic moment :bball:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

permitchaser wrote:Rare already did gave all the info you needed :
Now, you are on his side... :mad: :mad: :mad:
This is something about his magic permit bait... :?: :?: :?:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

kblue wrote:
permitchaser wrote:Rare already did gave all the info you needed :
Now, you are on his side... :mad: :mad: :mad:
This is something about his magic permit bait... :?: :?: :?:
blue crabs there's no magic bait , go catch a permit no pic ? no story lol ...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

permitchaser wrote:

$hit...If i had to put squid in that equation I just rather go and get him the pins myself. Since he was asking where i figured he knew to use squid. Let me help you out just a bit more....the grass is what you seek when looking for pins there.

kblue wrote:I am not even asking his SS#, credit card #, and bank account # :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:
I rather give you all that info rather than what you think you need.

Tks, Raul :toast:

If I only could show you the amount of hours that I have logged on in the keys you will shot yourself. Ive done so many solo trips because i enjoy fishing. Your time will come & when you catch your prize trophy, do me one big favor.. Make sure you give thanks on the forum for those who helped you. Even when you think they are not helping you is because you are reading through the words and not at the words.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:
kblue wrote:I am not even asking his SS#, credit card #, and bank account # :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:
I rather give you all that info rather than what you think you need.
Somehow, I knew that you would say that :jester: :jester: :jester:

What are you talking about? Forum always helped me a lot...that including you.

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Eh I had no luck on crab yesterday they just didn't wanna bite nothing we can do about that but in the past blue crabs been excellent. And well I still am pretty new to fishing or I should say fishing correctly, fishing I've done for years just not as well as you all do. It's a learning experience but you are more than welcome to catch me those pinfish haha! I try to go every Monday to long key. None the less guys thank you, I really feel like I made the right choice coming to this forum it's beyond helpful with good members.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

You can also catch them on your way there. Go through card sound road. After the first bridge you go over pull to the side a d catch them there as well. Last time I was there we caught more grunts then pins....in 20mins or so you should have a bucket full.

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Rare wrote:You can also catch them on your way there. Go through card sound road. After the first bridge you go over pull to the side a d catch them there as well. Last time I was there we caught more grunts then pins....in 20mins or so you should have a bucket full.
Grunts work well too so I have no objection. Thank you !

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I have no problem using grunts but pins are hardy bait vs grunts. If grunts work for you then the ricky is the place for you. Just have to weed through all the big ones

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Rare wrote:I have no problem using grunts but pins are hardy bait vs grunts. If grunts work for you then the ricky is the place for you. Just have to weed through all the big ones
No no if I can get pin most def I will what I meant was hey if a few make their way into the cooler to cut up later I don't mind it .

Return to “Bait Bucket”