Cast Net Recomendations

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
HJared
KING MACKEREL

Cast Net Recomendations

Post by HJared »

I just tore my west coast taco 8' 1/4" mesh cast net on some rocks, got some big holes and gashes, no way ill be able to fix i don't think. ill try but also looking buy another. Any recommendations? I kinda just learned how to throw it and stuff over the last few months. so idk if i should get a 6 or 7' to be legal in Brroward(Where i live) and be easier to manage and perfect throwing, or if the extra two feet makes it i should just get another 8'. I can throw the 8' pretty well 7 out of 10 times but my arm eventually feels like its gona fall off. I know i def want 1/4" mesh. Kinda don't wana buy another expensiveish one since ill prob mess it up. Any words of advice?

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Cast Net Recomendations

Post by bluesea »

HJared wrote:I just tore my west coast taco 8' 1/4" mesh cast net on some rocks, got some big holes and gashes, no way ill be able to fix i don't think. ill try but also looking buy another. Any recommendations? I kinda just learned how to throw it and stuff over the last few months. so idk if i should get a 6 or 7' to be legal in Brroward(Where i live) and be easier to manage and perfect throwing, or if the extra two feet makes it i should just get another 8'. I can throw the 8' pretty well 7 out of 10 times but my arm eventually feels like its gona fall off. I know i def want 1/4" mesh. Kinda don't wana buy another expensiveish one since ill prob mess it up. Any words of advice?
Buy a cheap 7 footer cast net from Walmart, and add more weight if you plan to use it in deeper places. I added it weight to my cheap cast net, and to be honest it works better and sinks faster than my 2 expensive cast net.

Return to “Bait Bucket”