Recent nettings and oddities

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
bobwired
Weekend Warrior

Recent nettings and oddities

Post by bobwired »

Image FPL baby snook, cast net
Image Triple Tail, cast net
Image 2nd pic triple tail
Image Horse Eye Jack, its my first one. DOA terror eyes, port everglades
Image 2nd pic
Image Squid, under dania pier, cast net
Image My first Rainbow Runner, hillsboro inlet

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

I myself have never seen a Snook that small. COOL
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

canes4lyfe3
Weekend Warrior

Post by canes4lyfe3 »

I got a small kingfish of the beach at Dania by the pier....with a sabiki!!! dont ask me how he didnt cut the line....teeth were like razors

bobwired
Weekend Warrior

Post by bobwired »

for the record, i was blind casting for mojarra when i got that baby snook and NOT intentially trying to get one. But out west there ive also gotten 1" flounder, 2-3" baracuda, shrimp, ciclids, small mangroves and juvenile ladyfish in the bait catching process. its amazing to me that those fish are that far west.

jighead
Old Salt

Post by jighead »

Cool! I'll throw my net right at the shoreline,baby pomps about the size of a ritz,flounder it's really cool!

Backlash
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Backlash »

cool i never saw a snook that small good for a fish tank lol. where where you casting and what size net do you have
Abu Garcia for life

"I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder"

"Never test the depth of the water with both feet"

~~Mackerel Killer~~

Cananyonehelpmefixthespacebaronmykeyboard?

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Post by Master-Baiter »

Would you believe this was caught in a castnet? Off the jetty at the inlet here in Broward?

It happened last year during the mullet run. Was looking for some live baits, and the mullet were so thick, it seemed like a person could walk on their backs. Big predators under them crashing them too. It was awesome, and I hope all of you get to see a mullet run where the mullet are thick and the predators hungry and working them.

It is truly one of natures wonders.

Threw the net, and tried hauling it up. Must've weighed over 125 pounds, thought I'd set a new record for mullet or something when hauling in the net.

Anyway, finally got it up on the jetty, did not know whether it was a legal keeper or if there was a slut limit, whether is would make good bait, what it would taste like and had absolutely no idea how to properly prepare it to eat, so I decided to let it go and released it alive.

Just seemed like the thing to do with something like that.

Besides, I had no idea how I'd ever be able to keep it as a trophy, and, ummm, errr, well, how would I mount a trophy like that?

So I put it back in the inlet. Heck, if I can't eat it, and can't mount it, I may as well let it go, right?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :)
Master Baiter

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

HA! :uplol:
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

Return to “Bait Bucket”