Pirate's Cove Bait Shop

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
bolo
USER BANNED

Pirate's Cove Bait Shop

Post by bolo »

There is a new B&T shop open a few weeks ago. The place is getting started and the prices are very good. Ballyhoo are firm not mushy and prices for crabs are a $1.00 each. Very nice people. The shop is before Jack's and near Wendy's or KFC. I do not get any kick backs for recommending this place.

Pirate's Cove B&T
305-245-7618
328 SE US Hwy 1
Florida City, FL
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Pirate's Cove Bait Shop

Post by fishnfool73 »

What are their hours ?
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

5am - 9pm everyday.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Yeah, I second it, it's a good spot. They hooked us up with about 70 frozen crabs for free last weekend. Very clean, well organized store.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

I saw the place didn't go in i guess they are trying to get Jacks customers.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

looks too pretty to be a bait shop...dons! jk gotta go check it out one of these days
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

permitchaser wrote:I saw the place didn't go in i guess they are trying to get Jacks customers.
The people working the floor used to work for Jacks. The owners spent some money on the freezers and 3 large bait tanks. They also sell supplies and gear. They can special order anything you need.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

BRunner346 wrote:looks too pretty to be a bait shop...dons! jk gotta go check it out one of these days
Problem with Dons is they only carry tiny crabs for sheephead. :tongue: Dons is a good bait shop. When winter arrives you can't beat BPS for you pick your own shrimp. But their crab prices are crazy. Yellow bait house is just insane.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Jack must be real pissed off watching from heaven :D guys take advantage of crabs for a $1.00 i dont think will last too long . Bolo remember that saying for money the monkey will dance :mrgreen:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

permitchaser wrote:Jack must be real pissed off watching from heaven :D guys take advantage of crabs for a $1.00 i dont think will last too long . Bolo remember that saying for money the monkey will dance :mrgreen:
I do not understand what that meant. Jack's crabs are crap. You can get better crabs from a dirty asian hooker.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

i remember Jack when he use to be working all hours of the day. was nice to go chit chat with him. place really went to Sh!t when he died. was pretty sad.
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

I agree Jacks is a drug haven and an overpriced and poorly run tackle shop and is a shell of its former greatness.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

BigBoiFishing
With skills like these "Who needs a boat"

Post by BigBoiFishing »

I remember back when I was like 8 or 9 yoa going to Jacks w/ my dad & his brothers b4 we would head to Card Sound for fishing. On one event, there was a guy there in the parking lot drinking beer with his buddies by his 80 something IROC.

My dad came out of the shop and the other guy told my dad his Camaro SS would look better with some work done (it was superficially worn with faded paint).

Dad told the guy something like "its not for a chick, its for a real man, yours is pretty but mine is tougher".

That did it. The guy talked my pops into dragging to the fork down the road and bet some amount of cash.

My pops took off all his gold chains and slammed it down on the hood as his bet.

It was the 1st and last time my dad was a bada$$ in front of me, he later lectured "don't EVER do that".

He won...it is my favorite memory of Jack's. I'll never 4get.

Last time I went to Jack's (about 6months ago) my brother and I looked down that road as now grown men and reminisced.

Walking inside was like going back in time.

:toast:

FNF73, I also noticed the help there was a little "IFY". :pistols:

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

BigBoiFishing wrote:I remember back when I was like 8 or 9 yoa going to Jacks w/ my dad & his brothers b4 we would head to Card Sound for fishing. On one event, there was a guy there in the parking lot drinking beer with his buddies by his 80 something IROC.

My dad came out of the shop and the other guy told my dad his Camaro SS would look better with some work done (it was superficially worn with faded paint).

Dad told the guy something like "its not for a chick, its for a real man, yours is pretty but mine is tougher".

That did it. The guy talked my pops into dragging to the fork down the road and bet some amount of cash.

My pops took off all his gold chains and slammed it down on the hood as his bet.

It was the 1st and last time my dad was a bada$$ in front of me, he later lectured "don't EVER do that".

Last time I went to Jack's (about 6months ago) my brother and I looked down that road as now grown men and reminisced.

That story was pointless.

Last week going into Jacks there were too many low lives hanging outside. Makes the place looks shady and uninviting. That is why I have been buying my stuff at Pirate's Cove.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

bolo wrote:
BigBoiFishing wrote:I remember back when I was like 8 or 9 yoa going to Jacks w/ my dad & his brothers b4 we would head to Card Sound for fishing. On one event, there was a guy there in the parking lot drinking beer with his buddies by his 80 something IROC.

Last week going into Jacks there were too many low lives hanging outside. Makes the place looks shady and uninviting. That is why I have been buying my stuff at Pirate's Cove.
Nice the man shares a story and you jump him. I bet you won't say that to his face.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

fishnfool73 wrote:Nice the man shares a story and you jump him. I bet you won't say that to his face.
Sure I will, he's not black. :wink:

BigBoiFishing

Post by BigBoiFishing »

bolo wrote:

Don't hate, I know you'd find the story a lot more interesting with large colorful pictures followed up by a Black Eyed Peas song, sorry I couldn't oblige. :roll:

Look at it this way, every time you go to Pirate's Cove you can pretend you're the chinese kid from Goonies and look for treasure. :D

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

BigBoiFishing wrote:Look at it this way, every time you go to Pirate's Cove you can pretend you're the chinese kid from Goonies and look for treasure. :D
Really? :roll:

BigBoiFishing

Post by BigBoiFishing »

bolo wrote:
BigBoiFishing wrote:Look at it this way, every time you go to Pirate's Cove you can pretend you're the chinese kid from Goonies and look for treasure. :D
Really? :roll:
NO. You are on the fat team, thats a no go. That kid was in better shape than the both of us.

BigBoiFishing

Post by BigBoiFishing »

fishnfool73 wrote:
bolo wrote:

Nice the man shares a story and you jump him. I bet you won't say that to his face.
Unlike bolo (who claims sarcasm doesn't work online) I sensed the sarcasm there. :D

SnapperHunter26
KING MACKEREL

Post by SnapperHunter26 »

:scratch:

ddratler
Old Salt

Post by ddratler »

:stupid:
i went there a few weeks ago, bought a bunch of weights, it came out to i think it was 66ozs i remember seeing it on the scale
after driving many miles south i saw that i was missing some cash, checked out the receipt and the arsehole charged me for an extra 24ozs! :shock: :mad:
figured wed stop there on the way back but we left the keys late night, store was closed..........
store looked nice and clean though :roll: :thumbdown:
fishings only boring if you suck at catching fish

Dani D

Return to “Bait Bucket”