VIEW ALL NEW POSTS HERE - Click Here

Real squid vs Berkley Gulp! Squid

[ View new posts ]

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.

Real squid vs Berkley Gulp! Squid

Postby mike8ike » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:01 am

Just as the title states, anyone ever try both or do a comparison? Only fished real frozen squid cut into chunks and thawed, then used as bait with great success. Has anyone tried the 3” Berkeley Gulp! Synthetic squid or strips? This item can be found here for reference: https://www.amazon.com/Berkley-GSSQ3-SS ... way&sr=8-1 was interested in purchasing, thanks!
mike8ike
Fisher

Re: Real squid vs Berkley Gulp! Squid

Postby Laz1287 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 pm

I can't speak for anyone else, but from experience squid is the last bait most experienced pier fisherman use. Most us would rather use squid to catch live bait that we can then use to catch the fish we're targeting. Hell, I'd rather use lures before resorting to using squid. Sorry..... :P

I'd suggest getting yourself a sabiki rig and catching yourself some real bait instead.
Laz1287
Weekend Warrior

Postby mike8ike » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:24 pm

That probably explains why no one else catches fish on the pier except myself and a few other guys. I’ve used Sabikis, live runners, live shrimp, etc... squid for me personally has always been consistent with landing fish. Now I already purchased the Gulp! Squid so guess i’ll report back with results. Thanks!
mike8ike
Fisher

Postby fishnfool73 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:10 pm

mike8ike wrote:That probably explains why no one else catches fish on the pier except myself and a few other guys. I’ve used Sabikis, live runners, live shrimp, etc... squid for me personally has always been consistent with landing fish. Now I already purchased the Gulp! Squid so guess i’ll report back with results. Thanks!

Please share pictures of your runners , jacks , grunts , and fish you catch on squid......
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Return to Bait Bucket