KEEP LIVE SHRIMP "ALIVE"

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
edddieo
Fisher

Re: KEEP LIVE SHRIMP "ALIVE"

Post by edddieo »

I thought so.............minnows two days out of the he water! :stupid:

edddieo
Fisher

Post by edddieo »

I thought you were b s in me minnows two days out of the water on ice :drunk: :stupid:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

I should have tried this method. More than half of my shrimp are dead now.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

big red
Seasoned Fisher

Post by big red »

I am a true believer now... :) Tried it the first time and the shrimp stay alive from 7am until the last one is gone at around 6pm. I put in a metal screen between the ice paks,newspapers and it works great. Funny looks from peoples around the bait shop. lol

Now if there is a way to keep the Grunts and Blowfish from eatimg the Shrimp,I will be happy....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

big red wrote:I am a true believer now... :) Tried it the first time and the shrimp stay alive from 7am until the last one is gone at around 6pm. I put in a metal screen between the ice paks,newspapers and it works great. Funny looks from peoples around the bait shop. lol

Now if there is a way to keep the Grunts and Blowfish from eatimg the Shrimp,I will be happy....
I love this post, it's a great idea, but you hit the nail on the head, for every ten or twelve shrimp I use, it's the garbage fish that take most of them, with the occasional decent fish here and there caught on a live shrimp. I don't catch grunts or blowfish on live sardines or pinfish or plichards or any small live non shrimp bait
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

Fish boy
Fisher

Post by Fish boy »

How many dozens can you put in that size cooler and it still work?

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

ringonose wrote:
big red wrote:I am a true believer now... :) Tried it the first time and the shrimp stay alive from 7am until the last one is gone at around 6pm. I put in a metal screen between the ice paks,newspapers and it works great. Funny looks from peoples around the bait shop. lol

I love this post, it's a great idea, but you hit the nail on the head, for every ten or twelve shrimp I use, it's the garbage fish that take most of them, with the occasional decent fish here and there caught on a live shrimp. I don't catch grunts or blowfish on live sardines or pinfish or plichards or any small live non shrimp bait
That is the inherent problem with shrimp and why I perfer to use my cash for bait fish. Not to mention I don't hold a rod when boatless. If the fish want me to catch them they must make long runs to wake me up and also swallow the hook.I managed a 5 fish limit of grovers on ch 5 saturday night using that technique. 14-17". It wasn't demon days but the largest ones came while mother nature was being a real biach.
Image.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

RR-WELL
Fisher

Post by RR-WELL »

Hi, all, this is an old post, but with a good tip that I will try next time.
Thanks

morrison17
Fisher

Post by morrison17 »

Nice tip. :salut:

Return to “Bait Bucket”