my first fish

You landed that Lunker, it's the biggest one you've ever caught and you're proud of it.
This is where you can share with the rest of us.
Please let us know the tackle you used, and the artificial. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

my first fish

Post by keepinitreel »

first time fishing at anglins pier caught big grouper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: my first fish

Post by gruntking »

looks huge how was it for dinner
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

gruntking wrote:looks huge how was it for dinner
put it like this im 24 nd that was the first fish i ate in my life now im hooked it taste better than chicken nd yea he was huge 25 inches long nd fat it ate a whole 6 in live grunt on the bottom.

jbuck501
Old Salt

Post by jbuck501 »

keepinitreel wrote:
put it like this im 24 nd that was the first fish i ate in my life now im hooked it taste better than chicken nd yea he was huge 25 inches long nd fat it ate a whole 6 in live grunt on the bottom.
The beginning of a progressive incureable disease that cost a lot of money to treat. LOL>LOL

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

jbuck501 wrote:
keepinitreel wrote:
The beginning of a progressive incureable disease that cost a lot of money to treat. LOL>LOL
I

already can tell between my rods nd setting up my tackle I spent about $400.00 this month nd every trip I realize somethings still missing but its been worth every penny having a blast.

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

rare wrote:Very nice catch! :toast:
Thanks I just hope it wasn't beginners luck and I get another big fight soon.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Nice grouper, but if that's your first fish how'd you get the grunt used for bait ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

krash wrote:Nice grouper, but if that's your first fish how'd you get the grunt used for bait ?
my buddy went the day b4 to dania pier and had a live well with little grunts nd baitfish it was his first time at anglin he didnt now they had bait everywhere...but i gusss that grouper liked the imported fish from the other side.....he joked that he wasnt so happy he did all the work the day b4 nd i got lucky.

nschaff20
Fisher

Post by nschaff20 »

Wow! Very impressive, what was your rod and reel set up? And how did you rig the bait?
:reeling:
-N

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Nice...
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

nschaff20 wrote:Wow! Very impressive, what was your rod and reel set up? And how did you rig the bait?
This was before I got my fancy equipment I used a penn special senator 6.0 with 80 test and I used a 3 ounce lead with a pre made wire snare with a 2.0 hook I got at walmart. As for the bait it was a small grunt hooked to the tip of the nose

keepinitreel
Seasoned Fisher

Post by keepinitreel »

Username28 wrote:Nice...
Thanks bro cant wait for the season to open to get another been pulling them up every week now off the boat there's plenty for when season comes. I just think this one was special since it was off the pier

Return to “Lunkers: Your Personal Best of species.”