When will this weather change

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

When will this weather change

Post by baseball4life702 »

Went to my spot after having a break in all this chitty weather, as expected the pumps were on so the water was running hard and muddy as hell. The tarpon were in there and one had to be pushing 80lbs but they weren't taking anything even live bait. It was surprising cuz a storm was rolling in and usually fires them up... Finally I switched to some lures, a crankbait nabbed a few small peas and one donk. Someone wake me when this weather is over with. :nilly:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stubbs
Fisher

Re: When will this weather change

Post by Stubbs »

nice work. we def have to get together one of these days when I'm down in miami

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

I need it to stop being so windy!
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

This weather is amazing for the bite actually!

You should be hitting every flood gate or in my case down in Homestead each and ever little culvert. The irrigation canal runoffs are on fire if you pick the right one!

-Swordfish

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

swordfish wrote:This weather is amazing for the bite actually!

You should be hitting every flood gate or in my case down in Homestead each and ever little culvert. The irrigation canal runoffs are on fire if you pick the right one!

-Swordfish
Yes but close to the bay or inland I'm talking about out west so the conditions aren't perfect but yes near the bay where they dump out it's perfect now ... This far inland it's hard to get the bite when the water is dirty lots of mud and farm runoff with the high flooding the last few days I get much better action in clean agua, but yea I only hit one gate and one irrigation runoff all I had time for but the area is fire.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

baseball4life702 wrote:

-Swordfish
Yes but close to the bay or inland I'm talking about out west so the conditions aren't perfect but yes near the bay where they dump out it's perfect now ... This far inland it's hard to get the bite when the water is dirty lots of mud and farm runoff with the high flooding the last few days I get much better action in clean agua, but yea I only hit one gate and one irrigation runoff all I had time for but the area is fire.
sounds like you need to start fishing where the water is salty

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Moose wrote:
baseball4life702 wrote:

-Swordfish
sounds like you need to start fishing where the water is salty
Yep I live west so when I'm in a time crunch less than 3-4 hours I stay in a 30 min drive and away from traffic which means ... But let me tell you there is plenty of salty old poons and a snook or 2 out where I'm fishing.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

baseball4life702 wrote:But let me tell you there is plenty of salty old poons and a snook or 2 out where I'm fishing.
Have you caught any of them yet?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Rare wrote:
baseball4life702 wrote:But let me tell you there is plenty of salty old poons and a snook or 2 out where I'm fishing.
Have you caught any of them yet?
Not in this spot the other day was the first time I was able to confirm they are there and big. However there is an area about 30 blocks north of the lock where I have caught a smaller one. The snook I haven't seen with my own eyes but I wouldnt bet against it and have felt what I would consider thumps.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”