Peacocks

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Peacocks

Post by baseball4life702 »

This is all from my home spot out in west Kendall over the past week b/c I haven't left the trap lately. The big peacocks have moved to the bottom, but there are hundreds of schoolies and the LMB have started biting again for me, for a month I couldn't get a bite. All small/medium fish but it's good to see the number of fish out there. Also have been experimenting with a lot of different baits, seems green is a hot color right now especially on soft plastic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sachig
Fisher

Re: Peacocks

Post by sachig »

nice peacocks!!

instead of starting a new thread ill just share on here. I caught 6 peacocks this morning at the canal on 134ave and 112 st. I know it was Miami dade property (guard told me that) but security still kicked me out so I just went across 134ave to the east. I have seen other people fishing there the past few weeks and no signs that say no fishing. the guard said someone called and that I was snooping around yards. I didn't know having a fishing pole, a live well, and tackle box meant that, and being right up against the canal 50 yards away from any fence to any home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Some people are just dicks and will call cuz you are close to their property even if you look harmless. Just find out what the real rules are for the crossings HOA and then you know where you can fish. Obviously no one cares if you fish behind the shopping center and I bet a good amount of food and grease gets in the water and I'm sure the fish love it.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

sachig wrote: I didn't know having a fishing pole, a live well, and tackle box meant that, and being right up against the canal 50 yards away from any fence to any home.

It's the time we live in unfortunately. I have a friend who lives in canal just like where you are fishing. Folks will go there and fish....and never was a problem back in the days. Has a chain link fence and plenty of room for fishing. About 4 years back, the guys that were fishing this time were doing recon work and checking out his boat. Sure enough they went on his boat and got all his tackle stuff and boat gear when he and his wife were working. The neighbor next to him got it on security camera and when he looked at the video he recalled 2 of the 4 that were fishing off and on that week. You guys just need to get in their shoes and again it's unfortunately that we live in these time that have folks calling the cops, security...etc...

Little off topic-Back when i used to fish the lakes off of bird road our group will knock on the door and asked if we could fish on their property. There was no way around it cause there was only one area you could fish but the fat lazy bass 8-10lbs were in this area and these homes are in the millions. 6 out of 10 had no issues and even give us sandwich as we fished in them endless summer days. Few years later our fishing in their backyard was killed after someone asked to fish on their property and was caught later on stealing in their home.

Point is dont be a DcK and as long as you are fishing were you are supposed to then you are fine. Just dont get bent out of shape if they start calling cops or them security guys. They might be in the wrong but they are just trying to do their job and keep it as well. Be cool about it

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

:stupid: He is right there's always one or a few persons that ruins the fun. Same happened in my neighborhood, a few middle schoolers decided to start doing B&E's in like 2009-2010 and the HOA cut off fishing behind any structure and only allowed it in the open grassy areas. I gave it some time and they cleaned the jits out and now they are ok with fishing more areas of the lake... But most residents are really nice too they will dump their leftovers to attract fish and some will even call me over to say there's fish.

sachig
Fisher

Post by sachig »

Yeah i get it. I was really nice to the security guards. They were actuallly apologizing to me. But man....that canal is loaded with peacocks. I threw a shiner and 4 peacocks attacked. Im definitely going back.....at least behind the shopping mall. When the light was right i also saw a lot when i walking up the canal. Are most of the canals loaded with peacocks? I live in the grove....i just work out in west kendall.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

The west Kendall area is the best peacock action by sheer number and size IMO... Out by the grove you'd be dealing with saltwater intrusion so thats an area id target snook or Tarpon lol

sachig
Fisher

Post by sachig »

We should fish sometime!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Ill be out fishing this weekend. 305-776-9766

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

nice job guys!! I miss peacock fishing, been just over a month since Ive done it, Ive been so occupied with the mullet run lately.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

chris21 wrote:nice job guys!! I miss peacock fishing, been just over a month since Ive done it, Ive been so occupied with the mullet run lately.
If only it would rain more these days and the best of both worlds would be at the floodgates lol. Snook and peas/LMB together is an interesting sight.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice Bass guys! :toast:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

A little ice rod action today.

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice LM bass! :toast: I'm sure they fought hard on that little ice rod. What pound test do you have on that reel?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

xtremeh18 wrote:Nice LM bass! :toast: I'm sure they fought hard on that little ice rod. What pound test do you have on that reel?
No idea what it came with didn't even say on the package but I added a little 8lb mono topshot... Another LMB from this morning on the regular rod.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”