Looking for fatties and I found em

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Looking for fatties and I found em

Post by baseball4life702 »

No saltwater this weekend don't wanna deal with googans...Been on the lake since 4:30 caught only 3 smallies then went to my spot and boy it was holding. Left the lip gripper in the house but I'd say around the 5 lb mark. There was also a huge peacock following I'm going back for now with a rapala.
My shoe size is 13 in case you want a length reference
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Re: Looking for fatties and I found em

Couldn't get the big peacock to hit he took two passes and went back behind the rock so I settled for his buddy. The bigger looks bigger than the bass I think the temp dropped too quick it went from being hot to nice and cool which prolly killed the bite. Will be back out tomorrow maybe with some shiners. If anybody wants to join hmu I'm gonna be slaying them tomorrow too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

awesome catch dude! we need to go fishing when im in sfla.. :bball: just curious, do you only have one toe or you are just giving the fish a middle toe'er

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

k5523915 wrote:awesome catch dude! we need to go fishing when im in sfla.. :bball: just curious, do you only have one toe or you are just giving the fish a middle toe'er
Lol na I have all my toes and fingers still thankgod. My foot prolly slipped back on the bank the lakes are steep by my house, but that is funny I didn't notice till you pointed it out it does look like middle toe lol. I can't wait to go back out tomorrow to try for that peacock it's fatter than the bass lol and I only covered like 1/3 of the lake
And whenever your back I have spots that are beyond your wildest imagination.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

The large peacock has seemed to have moved on prolly so the search is on. While checking the old spot though I managed a few bass one peacock and one of them chiclid looking suckers.

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

so the first one is a chiclid of some kind?

paulrxp
Fisher

Post by paulrxp »

Nicely done, good to see a mix of Peacocks and Largemouths. Going to mess around the Snake creek canal this week and see if I can get a bend in the line. Occasionally get lucky and hook into some small peanut peacocks and baby tarpon.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

grouperking wrote:so the first one is a chiclid of some kind?
Myan chiclid I believe there's a lot of diff chiclids, funny these look like a peacock a little except colors. It's bycatch for me but if you want to target them I can put you on em.
Close to me is tamiami canal there's some poons in there mixed in with all the rest of your usual suspects which will be my next venture of saltwater doesn't pick up soon.
I've been meaning to fish snapper creek too from the flood gate to the mouth in biscayne bay so much poop to catch in less than a mile of canal

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

Naw im good was just wondering cuz I caught a couple myself and was just wondering what they were

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”