My first Bass!

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
xtremeh18
Old Salt

My first Bass!

Post by xtremeh18 »

I went up to Central Florida this weekend and fished a lake in Lake Placid. I was fishing with a Zoom worm (watermelon seed) and a 2/0 worm hook. I caught my first Bass it was one of four, this one was my biggest though. All the Bass were released. A big thanks to baseball4life702 and everyone else on here for all the help! :toast:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: My first Bass!

Post by clarence2society »

i got my first hogfish thurs... same feeling im sure... and first bridge grouper also released of course.... congrats dude:) keep on em... get those peacocks they are fun and pretty fish

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Dude, thank you for the shoutout. :thumright: it's greatly appreciated. Anything else you need just feel free to ask.
That's about the same size as the biggest bass I've been catching lately so great job, I don't think the 5+ Lbers have started chewing yet but it should be soon and we can get on some slobs.
You will get ahold of the worm techniques really quickly then move on to lures, frogs and everything else that what fun about bass fishing there's so much tackle to go at them with. And peacocks have u caught ur first one of those yet? That an even better fight than the bass.
Get yourself an lip gripper or some sort of scale so you can weigh em and that makes it even more of a fun challenge

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

clarence2society wrote:i got my first hogfish thurs... same feeling im sure... and first bridge grouper also released of course.... congrats dude:) keep on em... get those peacocks they are fun and pretty fish
Thanks bud I appreciate it! Congrats to you as well! It's a great feeling catching your first. 8)

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

baseball4life702 wrote:Dude, thank you for the shoutout. :thumright: it's greatly appreciated. Anything else you need just feel free to ask.
That's about the same size as the biggest bass I've been catching lately so great job, I don't think the 5+ Lbers have started chewing yet but it should be soon and we can get on some slobs.
You will get ahold of the worm techniques really quickly then move on to lures, frogs and everything else that what fun about bass fishing there's so much tackle to go at them with. And peacocks have u caught ur first one of those yet? That an even better fight than the bass.
Get yourself an lip gripper or some sort of scale so you can weigh em and that makes it even more of a fun challenge
Not a problem I give credit where credit is due. :wink: Yeah can't wait to try different lures and stuff. I haven't caught a peacock yet but I have an x rap glass ghost ready. :twisted: I don't fish freshwater often but eventually I'll get a scale. Thanks once again for your help!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Lol forget the x rap glass ghost, I would use that for macks in saltwater anyways. Use a worm first the peacocks are defensive strikers and will be pissed when you run the worm through their nest

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

baseball4life702 wrote:Lol forget the x rap glass ghost, I would use that for macks in saltwater anyways. Use a worm first the peacocks are defensive strikers and will be pissed when you run the worm through their nest

LOL! Interesting good to know, will try the worm first then.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Not to say you can't use X-raps but that color scheme is just one I wouldn't use in freshwater. I only used one white ish colored lure and it did ok but I think that was cuz it had black and red too but glass ghost is better for saltwater. I think it's cuz theirs no white baits in freshwater at least that I know of around here

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”