1-1-10 Al point

This area is for all of Alabama
cotton
Weekend Warrior

1-1-10 Al point

Post by cotton »

Sorry my posts have been terse and short, but I'm using a refurbished computer and it has the nasty habit of shifting the curser unexpectantly or deleting everything at once. Decided to follow my new year's resolution of fishing more (the only resolution I made, since its the only one I thought I would follow ;) ) by going to Al point. Been having a little luck there on sheepshead, but the wind was howling out of the north, making it really difficult to fish under the bridge, and the tide was rushing out making it hard to fish. So I headed to the pier since I hadn't been there in a while. The water was murky, but no current or waves. Was there probably an hour before I went back to the point. Sometimes you can learn more not catching than catching fish...I didn't get a touch all day on a crab, but watched two other guys catch a half dozen, with two in the 5-6 lb range using dead shrimp; I thought it was just the spot, but another fellow came along using live shrimp and proceeded to catch at least a half dozen; I figured it might be me, but another old timer using crabs managed only a small one before I left at about 3:30. He may have done better, but I had to leave. Better luck Sunday maybe.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: 1-1-10 Al point

Post by permitchaser »

you should try shrimp next time or both.

cotton
Weekend Warrior

Re: 1-1-10 Al point

Post by cotton »

good point :lol:

Return to “Alabama”